Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,781 to 26,800 of 69,964

IceClimbers

I wish NoA would be a lot better about updating the eShop. No reason why South Park or Naruto aren't in the coming soon section yet.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers They're not on the Europe eshops either, just the big Nintendo games up to Captain Toad (I doubt Labo will have digital downloads so that's why Labo isn't present), a bunch of Nindies, next week's NEOGEO game, Dark Souls Remastered and the Crash Trilogy.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@IceClimbers

UK Coming Soon Section

It's Spring Again (Pre-order)
Wild Guns Reloaded
Party Trivia
BAFL Brakes Are For Losers (Pre-order)
Ninja Striker (Pre-order)
NeoAtlas 1469
ACA NEOGEO Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Manticore: Galaxy on Fire
The Way Remastered (Pre-order)
Firefighters The Simulation (ARGH)
Firefighters Airport Fire Department (WHY!)
Where Are My Friends (Pre-order)
Death Road to Canada
Psychotic's Agatha Knife (pre-order)
Sky Rogue (pre-order)
Hello Kitty Kruisers
Late Shift
12 Orbits (Pre-order)
Save The Ninja Clan (Pre-order)
Drago Dino (Pre-order)
Jotun: Valhalla Edition
Bouncy Bob
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Pre-order)
Super Chariot (Pre-order)
Hyper Sentinel
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (Pre-order)
Dark Souls Remastered
Die For Valhalla (Pre-order)
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido
Mario Tennis Aces
Crash Bandicoot: The N. Sane Trilogy
Octopath Traveler
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

No Naruto or South Park here either.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Spoony_Tech

@IceClimbers @Grumblevolcano They should not only be there but also a pre-order option.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

FragRed

Earlier today I made a pre-order for the Switch exclusive Flashback 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition which comes with both remaster and original game, a digital remastered soundtrack, retro instruction booklet, some kind of numbered metal card (whatever that is) and a retro cartridge style metal case.

I don't know if this is available in the US, but I bought it through Amazon UK. It is one of my favourite games of all time so yeah I did pay the hefty price tag of £34.99.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

IceClimbers

@YummyHappyPills @Grumblevolcano

I was mostly using South Park and Naruto as examples. Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Sushi Striker, Mario Tennis, Dark Souls, etc aren't on the US eShop coming soon either. Crash is though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

US eShop coming soon section is a horrible joke.

Sometimes titles don't even get added until the day they release, and all the good ones- the games you actually care about and actually want to pre-order... are nowhere to be found.

I would have DKC, Dark Souls, Mario Tennis, the first Mega Man Collection and first X Collection (to complement the digital copies from retail collection, which benefit from 20% off) and Street Fighter Collection preordered already. Captain Toad as well. And Y's VIII. Maybe even BlazBlue. All of which I plan to own digitally.

But because they don't, I might change my mind on owning a few of those digitally and just buy physical only... they are going to lose extra sales as a result.

NoA is smoking some lethal fungus. They've lost their minds. Instead, let's clutter up the eShop with a bunch of $3 dollar mobile games.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

The NA Eshop coming soon section is pretty bad but its been a lot worse. For the first few months after I got my Switch it would sometimes only have 2 games on it, compared to the European one which regularly has 20+. I commented on here about it before and funnily enough a few days later it changed to being more like the European one but still a little bit worse.

@FragRed I loved Flashback on the Megadrive back in the day I had been following its progression in mags for months prior to release and bought it the day it came out. Its character animation was a pretty big deal back then, taking the crown from Another World which itself took it from Prince of Persia. I'm curious to see how the remaster turns out. I know there was one a few years back that didn't review too well but this new one seems to be just a remaster rather than a remake.What I find strange though is that they're basing it on the SNES version which was generally considered to be the worst, with more slowdown and slow playing cutscenes. It was also censored. Enemy sprites had green skin instead of a natural colour so it didn't look like you were shooting humans, the bar was changed to a cafe and Death Tower was renamed Cyber Tower. The Amiga and Megadrive versions were considered to be the best. The game was actually created for the Megadrive but for some reason didn't release until a year after the Amiga version.

365 games have it available for pre-order for £28 99.

Pre-order Flashback

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

FragRed

@OorWullie Ah crap you have me a little scared now, I was really looking forward to this. Judging from the screenshots on Amazon I can’t exactly tell what they’ve done to the game that required so much time to make or the original creator to be needed. It seems like they just smoothed over the animation, though without a video it’s really not easy to say.

To base this version on the SNES version sure seems bizarre though they don’t call it Cyber Tower in this remaster. It’s got the original name Death Tower. Wonder if thats how it is in the original game they are included too.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MsJubilee

Southpark is coming out this month,but Nintendo still doesn't have a page for it. Nintendo is weird sometimes.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

skywake

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I have a job as a teacher, which comes with a lot of responsibility, a nice group of friends, am usually out and about rather than at home... and I still prefer sitting down in the evening to play a game for an hour.

I think you're missing the point. It's not a question of what one specific person prefers so much. It's more about how the gap between what you can do on a portable and home console has shrunk over the years. Also that the advantages that the super high end spec brings means less now than it did in console generations past.

I made a point earlier about how high end the PS3 was when it launched. So much so that the RRP adjusted for inflation could today buy you a XBOne, PS4 Pro and a Switch with money spare to buy some games. Whether you believe us or not the average consumer doesn't care about spec as much as they used to. Other things matter to them more these days, portability is one such thing.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Peek-a-boo

@JaxonH Blimey! I wasn’t expecting a lengthy reply...

I think we both got slightly mixed up.

If I was in the unenviable position of having “no job, no responsibility and no friends”, I would play any game(s) on any system(s), be it on my iPad, my Switch or my PS4 Pro. Obviously if this happened to me, I would rectify those three things, starting from having no job!

I brought up my job/lifestyle to simply say that even though I am in a position of being able to take my Switch out and about with me, given that I am out more so than at home, I still prefer to play games in the evenings whilst sitting down on my armchair or sofa.

Everybody has different lifestyles and while mine is more suited for playing games on the go, be it on my iPad or Switch, I just like being able to sit down, relax and play a game at home, whether the games I choose to play are on a system that provides the greatest power and visual fidelity or not.

I just found that one particular sentence a little bit far-fetched, is all.

Peek-a-boo

darkfenrir

@DarthNocturnal Ah gotcha, the M rating is a tad different than what I'm used to then.

Thanks for the slight list

darkfenrir

Azooooz

Sooooo....it's past half the month now, and we still didn't get a Nintendo Direct, or even Nintendo E3 schedule. Your thoughts?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

zitpig

@Azooooz I don't expect another proper Direct any time soon. I think E3 will likely be our next source of upcoming Switch stuffage. There might be something minor for Labo and news of additional kits, but I don't expect anything else. Although I'd love to be wrong and there be an Animal Crossing and Pikmin 4 Direct next weeek...

zitpig

darkfenrir

Didn't E3 schedule almost always a surprise?

(Other than the days they are going to be around, of course, which is already out on the website, 12-14 June 2018...)

darkfenrir

TuVictus

It's not until June 12th so it's still a ways away. I don't expect another direct before then, anyway.

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic