Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,421 to 26,440 of 69,981

TuVictus

@Nintendoforlife It does! Im extremely impressed with the visuals and framerate consistency. I hope these guys work on a bunch of more ports for the switch

TuVictus

Dogorilla

I saw a 1-2-Switch ad the other day too. Bit odd they're still promoting that now when there are so many better received games on the Switch.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Lroy

Dogorilla wrote:

I saw a 1-2-Switch ad the other day too. Bit odd they're still promoting that now when there are so many better received games on the Switch.

Just wish they'd go back to it and update it with some fresh content. Add in activity log suport, online leaderboards, new modes such as a single player challenge mode in the form of quick fire games like Wario Ware or some such. Anything.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

JaxonH

Masters of Anima is looking pretty dang good indeed...

And what's up with Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs? Seems like a pretty good SRPG, no?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NaviAndMii

@gcunit Yeah, me too - it seems a rather bizarre strategy to promote 1-2-Switch above all others...Nintendo sure do move in mysterious ways!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

bluemage1989

@link3710 I quite agree actually on Ubisoft getting representation in Smash. Your right that they've been pretty close (even in the WiiU era) but I don't think it will be Rayman but, and I can't believe I am saying this, but I think it could be one of the Rabbids. I was dubious when I saw the original reveal of Kingdom Battle I mean Rabbids are like gamings Minions but when I actually played it I found them not just unannoying but kinda fun even if the gameplay was pretty average for me. I think Rabbid Mario stood out with his confident swagger and I could see him (in my far from expert opinion) having a good move set for Smash and being a good rep for UniSoft. Bethesda has also been pretty chummy with Nintendo lately so maybe they could have a character as well.

bluemage1989

Harmonie

@gcunit Huh. When I was on Spring Break a couple of weeks ago and I was at home, I saw plenty of Switch commercials on TV. They had one for Kirby and then one for Switch games in general. Both aired very regularly. I don't remember any 1-2 Switch commercials at all.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Buizel

Super excited about Spyro - as a trilogy I think it's really aged well, and the remaster looks gorgeous. I'm a bit bummed out that a Switch version wasn't announced but I'm almost certain that we'll get it eventually.

I think it makes sense actually. Having only just announced Crash, perhaps they thought a Spyro announcement would overshadow it? Perhaps we'll hear more once Crash is out.

At least 2'8".

FragRed

@Buizel I doubt Crash has anything to do with Spyro not being announced for Switch, simply because Crash is coming out the same day on Xbox One as it is on Switch yet Spyro is announced for that platform.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

3rd parties have mastered the art of the conniving man. The double dipperoo tactic.

Aaaaand here's our next game! No. No Switch version. No comment. No. No. No no no no. The answer is no. No comment, no Switch.... NO. Please buy on PS4/X1. It's clearly the only way you will ever enjoy this great game we've made.

[you proceed to purchase game at launch]

Well HEEYYY NOW! Whattaya know, didn't realize but... huh, looks like we have a Switch version in our back pocket we forgot to tell you about. Oh... you already bought the game? We're really sorry about that. Truly. Tell ya what, we're just gonna leave this pre-order link here, in case you decide to buy the version you really wanted.

Heh heh heh heh heh...

Almost every single 3rd party game on Switch was announced and brought after the other versions, precisely at the exact time demand started drying up on those platforms. Once they milked every dollar they could. But I'm not budging anymore... not one single inch. No Switch, no buy. Not until I've waited several years to make absolutely sure I'm not being taken for a ride.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

So I just played Rocket League for the first time since the spring update, and man does it look great in handheld mode.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

@IceClimbers I wish Xenoblade 2 had gotten patches that improved handheld mode like Rocket League did. Too bad I have no interest in RL, as I LOVE the post-launch support it has been getting.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

IceClimbers

So next week we're finally getting a trailer for this year's Pokemon movie, as well as the reveal of a new Pokemon (Zeraora, the last gen 7 mythical).

About time!

@Ralizah Yeah I'm surprised they haven't improved Xenoblade in handheld mode yet. Maybe in future patches?

IceClimbers

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is being listed for a September 28 release on Best Buy now.

That's a better date than the October 16 release that was listed earlier.

Therad

My guess is that Nintendo have some constraints on how games have been marketed before appearing in directs. Something like the game can be shown as the big game if it hasn't been revealed or they don't charge money for showing it.

Directs are the best way to connect with Nintendo fans. It generates an incredible buzz around a game, it is probably strengthen if the game hasn't been officially revealed before. So Activision might have left out Switch on purpose.

Or Ms and Sony have some sort of compromising photos on Activision-Blizzards CEO. In fact, this is the most probable.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

FragRed

@Therad Last time I tried blackmailing Activision CEO, I had armed police bursting through my windows, doors and roof. It doesn't work

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

OorWullie

@IceClimbers Yep Rocket League looks amazing now. The difference in handheld mode from before is night and day. Docked mode now looks pretty close to the PS4 version and that's just in performance mode.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Kova

@OorWullie Please..

Switch docked is close to PS4 version in quality mode. But the framerate is half from PS4.

But dont get me wrong, haven't touch PS4 or PC version after the Switch. It's good enough for me, specially after the latest patch.

Edited on by Kova

Kova

NaviAndMii

@Kova After the latest update, the Switch version is looking a lot sharper now (even in 60fps 'performance' mode) - it's certainly, to my eyes, far closer to the PS4 version than it was - perhaps not quite 'on par', but the gap has closed to a point where the differences are barely perceptible (unless comparing side-by-side) ..an impressive conversion just got all-the-more impressive - Panic Button have done wonders!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Well hopefully Panic Button is working on Fallout 4 next for the Switch.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic