Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,401 to 26,420 of 69,991

Octane

@YummyHappyPills My thinking is that either Sony or Microsoft blackmailed Nintendo to sell their version instead.

Or Nintendo, for some apparent reason, decided not to be part of the reveal so they can reveal the game in a Direct. Next week perhaps? And some intern screwed up and put the game up for sale on their site too early.

Octane

FragRed

@Octane Yeah that is totally true and I guess that is in part why companies like Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft as well as third parties want us to go all digital. They dictate the price. However, the problem now becomes the fact a lot of people bought their Nintendo systems in a retail store, like i did. If these stores go under then that's one less visible presence for them to market their hardware.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Spoony_Tech

More Wolfenstein 2!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

@FragRed I think there's enough other stores that sell video game systems, like toy stores, electronics stores, plenty of big online retailers like Amazon, and from what I understand, even supermarkets in the US and the UK. So I'm afraid that won't be the biggest issue. I feel that dedicated video game stores make up a small percentage of the market anyway.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Maybe? Have to see.

@SpoonyTech looks pretty damn good if ya ask me

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

@AlternateButtons If you search Spyro it comes up. Its definitely there.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

Yeah, this makes the Direct Mini idea I mentioned earlier seem more likely. I'll go with 11th/12th given these new findings.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

@Octane It was definitely a joint effort by Sony and Microsoft to pay Activision to not reveal it for the Switch. Those nefarious wrong-doers!

TuVictus

link3710

Woo! Man, What the heck is up with these marketing people? I'm hoping it was being saved for a Direct...

link3710

IceClimbers

Why would they save the announcement for a Direct if it's coming day and date with the other versions? They've never done that before.

This listing is either a mistake (that store isn't ran by Nintendo) or it's coming later on after the other versions.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FragRed

@AlternateButtons I think, and I may be totally wrong, but I thought The Hut Group used to run Nintendo UK Store? That may all have changed now.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

IceClimbers

@AlternateButtons Their UK store is ran by The Hut and not by Nintendo themselves. Why they don't run their own store, I don't know.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

rallydefault

Yea... fingers crossed, here.

If true, fantastic. But also pretty blatant payoff by Sony and/or Microsoft to not include the Switch version in the announcement. Blatant enough for the naysayers (and I'm usually one of them) to rationalize it away.

Or, maybe it's Nintendo's master plan that they don't want their name associated with such a classic series of games sure to sell 1+ million copies easily. Hey, it is Nintendo. That could be the case lol

rallydefault

GrailUK

@rallydefault Something to consider (maybe) is the Switch will have an entirely different release schedule than XBox1 and PS4. So timing may differ. For example, they could release Spyro in October if they know Red Dead Redemption 2 is not coming to the system. I'm just guessing, but it could be a factor

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Octane

@rallydefault The cheeky little monkeys. Now they're working together to fight the Switch!

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault It's actually that Smash is getting the big Gen 5 console (PS1, N64, Saturn) legends. Rayman, Crash, Spyro and Banjo

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Please don't tease. Spyro would be way too much fun to have in Smash, and both he and Crash have the history with Nintendo to be Activision's rep. Rayman on the other hand I'm strangely confident will get in. Ubisoft and Nintendo are way too close lately for them not to get a rep at this point.

link3710

gcunit

I was thinking to myself earlier that I've not seen a Switch advert on telly for a while and it would be good to see Labo get some exposure, and now I've just seen one... for 1-2 Switch!

smh

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic