Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,401 to 26,420 of 40,289

darkfenrir

https://gematsu.com/2018/03/yonder-cloud-catcher-chronicles-c...

"It will cost $29.99 via the Nintendo eShop and $39.99 at physical retail.

The Switch version of Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles will include a new photo mode, enabling users to share images of the game world with friends."

Alright, Yonder coming to Switch, both digital and physical, with digital being cheaper by a $10 :0 The first time I see this kind of distinction!

Looking good owo

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

EvilLucario

You know, if this game can have differing digital prices compared to physical, why can't they just do that for all games to partly remove the "Switch tax"? Genuinely curious, is there something that requires you to price match the two?

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

https://gematsu.com/2018/03/v-rally-4-announced-ps4-xbox-one-...

Trailer:

Oh yeah forgot to post this on my last post but for those that enjoy racing, this game is coming! (I don't enjoy it much but have fun for those that do!)

@EvilLucario And I think for some games- it might be a contract with retailer? Like if everything's always cheaper on digital, more and more people will flock to digital instead of physical, especially if you are located in places where it's easy to download games even big ones.

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Blathers

@EvilLucario Switch tax?

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

EvilLucario

@Blathers LA Noire on Switch was $50, on other platforms it was $40. Stuff like that.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Blathers Lots of third party companies are charging more for Switch games on carts. Often $10 more then other systems or digital. This has been deemed the Switch tax. They claim to be off setting the cost difference of carts over bluray discs.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

It probably comes with some extras in the case, like Nicalis does. That allows the difference, or so I've heard.

But digital being $10 more than other platforms, despite still being less than physical? That's... questionable. I won't support that kind of thing. I can accept physical being more, I can accept ports being full price, I can even accept ports being more than the original provided there was adequate reasoning for the original to be less (like DKC, trying to sell to just 5-7 million people on a failed platform).

But if a PS4 version is $20, and the Switch version is $30, and it's not because of pricing parity with physical (because physical is $40)... that's where I say nope, I'll wait for a sale... or at least I would, if there wasn't a physical release.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Chocobo’s Dungeon, Trials Rising, Tales of Vesperia
X1: Trials Fusion, DMC5
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

IceClimbers

Enter the Gungeon is on sale on the NA eShop

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

bluemage1989

Anyone think that VS Super Mario Bros shows there is still a lot of people want a more conventional VC??

Edited on by bluemage1989

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

Spoony_Tech

I'm waiting for Yooka-Laylee to go on sale. With my luck I'll crack and buy it tomorrow then next week it goes on sale.

Also, looking at the top 15 and seeing Vs Super Mario Bros is the main reason why we don't have the VC yet. If they launched VC tomorrow the whole top 15 will be over run with only VC games. Nintendo is smart and allowing 3rds and Indies a chance to shine and some really have. I for one don't want any more NES, SNES, GB, GBA, or N64 games. GameCube is untapped and I would be willing to purchase many but even then we now have Luigi's Mansion on 3ds so what does that say for GC....

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@Spoony_Tech Yeah I'm waiting until it goes on sale before considering it.

As for VC, I'd mostly just want SNES and GBA games. And GameCube of course.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

OorWullie

The Hamster crew must have been giving high fives and doing cartwheels and Wahoo's aplenty when they got the approval from Nintendo for Vs Super Mario Bros. They reported a month or so ago they had sold over 1 million Neo Geo games on Switch. I wouldn't be surprised if VS SMB alone is close to hitting that if it hasn't already.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

eShop cards 15% off from PayPal Digital Gifts via eBay again ($50 cards for $42.50/ea, limit 5 per customer)

Stack that with 5% back via MyNintendo and you've got yourself a nice GCU-level 20% discount for digital.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buy-a-50-Nintendo-Gift-Card-for-only...

Also, Attack On Titan 2 is looking a lot better in this latest video of gameplay. The cut off legs aren't clipping through the ground, and you get a better idea of the full action gameplay. Seems like Warriors + Spider-Man crossover. Pretty cool swinging around on those grappling cables everywhere...

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Chocobo’s Dungeon, Trials Rising, Tales of Vesperia
X1: Trials Fusion, DMC5
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

bluemage1989

@Spoony_Tech I was thinking the same thing about how the lack of VC has helped third parties. Good on Nintendo for letting companies have the room to get established on the eshop. I absoloutly feel it was the right thing to do but long term I think there has to be something for people who want to indulge in some nostalgia on the Switch. I still have the WiiU set up so I have that for the occasional VC game I want to download as well as Wii gaming and I hope to get the snes mini soon as while I have original systems I feel a little uneasy firing them up sometimes. Seeing Luigi's Mansion on 3DS has me worried we won't be seeing GameCube VC as that was something I'd really hoped to see. Where does Nintendo go from here?? Personally I think physical release of compilations could be a possibility. Put together a great package based on genre/franchise/release year and include unlockable extras like original adverts or featurettes or whatever really. Sega's compilations, Mario All Stars or Rare Replay are good examples of what I have in mind. For an example Super Mario Bros 1-3 plus Lost Levels and World Mario 64 and Sunshine (ha big dream I know) or maybe a racing bundle of F Zeros and Mario Karts with a bit of Diddy Kong Racing?? Maybe a where it all started compilation featuring the debuts of Nintendo mainstays Super Mario Bros Legend of Zelda Donkey Kong Arcade Pokémon Red/Blue Kirby GB etc. This is just me thinking out loud but I think could work (although im sure its not that simple) and being physical only would probably annoy the digital only crowd.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

Shellcore

@FragRed I would be really surprised if this didn't come to Switch. Switch is flavour of the month/year when it comes to retro/retro-inspired releases. Sega would be missing a trick.

Shellcore

@bluemage1989 Thought about VC. Maybe it would be worth Nintendo doing a streaming service (or download with expiry) for VC. This would of course be in addition to one off payments. £10 per month for unlimited access to Nintendo's back catalogue. Don't know how feasible it is, but it sounds good to me.

Buizel

@bluemage1989 I wouldn't mind physical compilations as an option but physical only would be a step back in this day and age, especially on a portable console where digital becomes all the more convenient, and where game cart manufacturing costs are high. Its also a lot more restrictive in terms of choice... What if I only want to play Mario Bros 3? That'll be the cost of a full retail game.

@Shellcore streaming doesn't really make sense on a portable but I wouldn't object to download with expiry a la Xbox game pass. In fact depending on price I can imagine loads of Nintendo fans jumping on that.

Edited on by Buizel

Currently playing: Pokemon White (DS), Persona 4 Golden (PSVita), Transistor (Switch)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic