Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,361 to 26,380 of 69,989

NaviAndMii

@Octane Yeah? To be honest, I've only ever heard good things about Firewatch - and the wave of positivity surrounding the game at launch definitely had me intrigued! ..I'll keep an eye on the Switch port (even though it's not in one of my usual 'go to' genres) and see if it can finally reel me in!

@subpopz Haha! ..just respectfully, respecting that it's a well-respected game!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano But these two games began development at the same time...no PC version either.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Perhaps or perhaps it’s one of those third party games to never embrace the Switch.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

-Green-

One of many I'd imagine.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano That was the multiplatform announcement for Crash though. Crash is coming to Xbox/PC on the same day as Switch.

Spyro is already multiplatform. Completely different situation. If it does end up coming to Switch it won't be until well after the fact.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

@NaviAndMii The narritive is very laid back and down to earth. In a sense, it's a very real story. Some people expected more, and didn't like the game, especially the ending, but I found it very satisfying. The dialogue is brilliant too. Whilst you're exploring, and doing your daily things, you can talk via a portable radio transceiver, and they give you a lot of freedom in the fact that you don't only get to pick your responses like a classic video game, but you can also choose to ignore the person on the other side for example.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers I do think Switch version will come later, maybe sometime between November and March to avoid clashing with Smash.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Activision don’t care about clashing with Smash Bros. The fact it’s announced for PS4 & Xbox One only to me says everything. It won’t come to Switch.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Announcing for Switch after the XB1/PS4 version benefits Activision the most because of double dipping rather than people buying the Switch version instead of the XB1/PS4 version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Nah, if it's coming later, it's coming MUCH later, like June/July 2019 later.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NaviAndMii

@Octane Yeah, I'd heard that that two-way communication with the person on the other end of the walkie was surprisingly deep and satisfying - certainly made me curious as to how the experience plays out...I'll have to watch a few more videos nearer the time and perhaps give it a chance

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@AlternateButtons Follow Microsoft and Sony's path of competing to have the "World's most powerful console" probably.

Grumblevolcano

GrailUK

@DockEllisD Switch exclusive as well! It looks lovely.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Eric258

Maybe the Spyro Trilogy will be announced later on alongside a trailer with Spryo for Smash? (A guy can dream XD)

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Octane

@NaviAndMii Don't watch too many videos! It's a short game after all, you can beat it in a single afternoon.

Octane

-Green-

It seems Switch owners just have to get used to the Switch mostly being a Nintendo and Indie machine. I don't see it getting many of the big remasters or AAA third party releases.

FragRed

@-Green- I agree. But it's not the fact people need to get used to the Switch being a Nintendo and indie machine, it's the fact no matter how powerful the console would be, third party support will always be limited.

-Green-

@FragRed Those two go hand in hand tbh.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic