Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,261 to 26,280 of 69,991

JaxonH

@Octane
I do if I want the game for my physical collection and digitally for convenience. Which I do, for all major games I really like.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

I stopped caring about certain games being digital only after Ace Attorney.

Isn't Okami HD a $20 release? Looking forward to that. Never actually played Okami before so it's a day 1 purchase for me

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haruki_NLI

@IceClimbers $20 on the other systems. Says nothing for us.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2 were $20 each.

Okami HD will, in all likelihood, be $20 also.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH I forget you guys over there get games cheaper.

EvilLucario

Gonna laugh if Okami turns out to be $30. I do expect $20 though.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@YummyHappyPills Can't recall a digital only title getting a Switch tax, or at least here in the US.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

Honestly I don't care. That game is worth $40, at the minimum, imo. Anything less and I consider it a deal.

So... it's officially April. And the 1 month countdown to reliving a whole new addiction with Donkey Kong Country. Debating on capture card for making new time trial runs. I was among the best in the world with my time trial runs back in the day... and lost all of them when they dumped the in-game YouTube uploads for anything that wasn't still top 10 several years after release... which, my runs were all bumped down after years of not playing, lost all my videos of my runs.

Not gonna let that happen again.

bluemage1989

Been playing a lot of Oxenfree lately and it's a great game. I bought it simply because I have heard some people give it some good press and hadn't done any research (didn't even realise it was a horror game to be honest lols) so went in pretty blind. If anyone is looking for a good mystery game with a few frights, some good and at times funny writing and an awesome soundtrack I would highly recommend it.

Also need to finish up Mario+Rabbids and Doom... Also only about 20% through Xenoblade Chronicles 2... Oh and SteamWorld Dig... Axiom Verge as well as starting out in Splatoon 2... And so much to still do in Zelda You know I said I would never be one of those people who talks about backlogs but I will have to admit that my Switch backlog is getting bigger and bigger!! Just to many great games out there to squeeze into evening play time.

bluemage1989

Haruki_NLI

@IceClimbers Celeste is £15.99 on PS4 and £17.99 on Switch.

Fe is the same. As is Overcooked. Outlast 2 is £2 dearer.

Human Fall Flat - 11.99 vs 14.99

Pac Man Championship Edition 2 is 9.99 on PS4. 2 PLUS is 16.99 on Switch.

Super Meat Boy is actually £1 cheaper on Switch. I Am Setsuna is cheaper too.

So it works both ways, but here at least there is a notable tax.

And of course if we were to translate these from £s to $ we pay more anyway regardless.

EgillPT

Hi there,

New to the forum, but not new to nintendo. Got the Switch last week with Zelda and since then my PS4 has been only used to chat with my friends xD

Now... the more interesting part is that, i was and still am an achievement and trophy "wh***" because it gives me a sense of progression/completion of a game, and for some reason, despite not having this, i am enjoying spending my spare time playing on the Switch rather than my PS4.

Has nintendo ever considered implementing a system like that ? and chat ? I know that there is a app for that for the smartphone but not into that.

Cheers

🎮NSW 🎮Nintendo 3DS 🎮Nintendo Wii 🎮SNES Classic Mini 🎮PS4

Dogorilla

@EgillPT Hi, welcome to the forum! Currently there's no confirmation of any plans for achievements or voice chat (outside of the app). However Nintendo is launching a paid online service in September this year, which will be required to play online games and will also include some other benefits including a selection of old Nintendo games with online play added. Presumably there will also be other benefits to this service that haven't been announced yet, so there's a chance it could include achievements and voice chat, although I think voice chat is unlikely because a) the Switch doesn't have a microphone so you'd need a headset with a microphone, and you could only use that in handheld mode, and b) they probably wouldn't have made an app for voice chat if there were plans to integrate it into the system.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

EgillPT

@Dogorilla Hi there! Yes, i read about the Online Service and will give it a try for a year and see how it goes. I bougth the switch only because of Zelda, huge fan, but there's other games out there that i want to play, the exclusive ones mostly.

🎮NSW 🎮Nintendo 3DS 🎮Nintendo Wii 🎮SNES Classic Mini 🎮PS4

Xyphon22

OK, I just discovered possibly the best thing about the Switch. I am out of town for 2 weeks, and when I booted up my laptop and discovered the internet at my hotel is one where you have to log in at their site first, I just assumed I wouldn't be able to use online on my Switch for the next 2 weeks just like the 3DS. But lo and behold, when I tried to connect, the Switch told me that I needed to log in and actually took me to the hotel's site, even though there is no usable browser. That is awesome. OK, so maybe it's not the best thing about the Switch, but it is still really cool.
Side question: is there any way to actually use the online on my 3DS here?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Grumblevolcano

While this isn't a full test, it's looking very positive regarding Switch loading times for Tropical Freeze:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

@Xyphon22 On your 3DS, connect to the hotspot, then go to the browser. Try going somewhere like Google then you should be taken to the hotel page.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

So...they're teasing Luigi is in the game by having Luigi in the game?

Azooooz

Only Luigi should take an L...umm what?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic