Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,261 to 26,280 of 31,445

Grumblevolcano

Thinking about it, the Wii U ports really have been fixing the main problems with the Wii U version. Look:

• Mario Kart 8 - People complained about battle mode and a proper battle mode was added in MK8 Deluxe.
  • Pokken - People complained about no post-launch support while the arcade version was getting new content, all that content and more is in Pokken DX.
  • Hyrule Warriors - People complained about adventure mode being too grind heavy as a result of the item cards, in Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition you can buy item cards with rupees.
  • Tropical Freeze - People complained about the game being too hard and the Switch port has an easy mode (Funky Kong).

So if we project it further we could be seeing stuff like:

• Smash - People complained about Ice Climbers being cut due to 3DS limitations, the 3DS version having exclusive stages and the online being very unreliable. So a potential Switch port having Ice Climbers playable, all the content from the 3DS and Wii U as well as being the flagship game for Nintendo's paid online service showing that the service is better than people's expectations.
  • Super Mario Maker - People complained about no slopes so maybe the Switch version has slopes.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

toiletduck

Ralizah wrote:

@toiletduck 550MB.

Hehe sorry I formulated my question the wrong way... I actually meant how long in hours instead of how large in MBs?

toiletduck

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@toiletduck It depends on how much you do and whether you rush or take your time. But anywhere from 10-15 hours for the main game and another possible 10 for the extras.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

SKTTR

toiletduck wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

@toiletduck 550MB.

Hehe sorry I formulated my question the wrong way... I actually meant how long in hours instead of how large in MBs?

Took me 30+ hours to complete 100%. A great experience unlike anything else.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

DarthNocturnal

@Grumblevolcano

People complained about too many FE characters. Half of all FE characters are removed.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal No, in that situation the FE characters are doubled (e.g. Alm, Celica, Hector, Lyn, Tharja and Camilla added)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

Speaking of that, is the Smash 4 community still falling apart because of Bayonetta? I haven’t kept up with the thing.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Knuckles-Fajita

@-Green- yep

Sign up for the NL Inklings Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournament on June 23rd: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

FireMario887

Just popping in-- A third remaster of Twilight Princess? Perhaps with better HD?

FireMario887

Grumblevolcano

@Oubie May 31st is a Thursday so I'm pretty sure that's just a placeholder date.

Grumblevolcano

Oubie

@Grumblevolcano Or perhaps the digital version on that Thursday and the retail version a day later on Friday June 1st? It happened just a week ago to Radiant Historia, digital on 15/02, retail on 16/02 in Europe.

Oubie

3DS Friend Code: 5000-2596-8451 | Nintendo Network ID: Oubie88

skywake

Grumblevolcano wrote:

• Super Mario Maker - People complained about no slopes so maybe the Switch version has slopes.

Personally I'd rather have a bit more than that and not necessarily including slopes. Throw Super Mario Land into the mix, let us select from a wider variety of game themes and soundtracks, give us the option to have more sub levels, let us copy the main level into the sub level. Also give us more options with doors. Ghost doors, one way doors, doors that take you to a different sub-level, boss doors that let you finish a level with a boss rather than a flag/axe.

And while they're at it they need to improve feedback on levels especially now MiiVerse is dead. Instead of just being able to give a level a star or not there should be some way to say a level is average. I know Nintendo doesn't like the idea of people being told their level sucks, I get it. But at the same time there needs to be some kind of filter for people playing the levels. Does a level have a low completion rate because it's hard or because it's poorly designed?

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic