Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,181 to 26,200 of 69,983

Octane

@Grumblevolcano What has Prime to do with Donkey Kong at this point? Retro isn't developing Prime 4.

Octane

GrailUK

@Octane Donkey Kong is a *prime*ate!

(I'll see myself out)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

OorWullie

We already know Inazuma Eleven is coming and it looks pretty good .The next Layton is a certainty, perhaps even ports of the originals, a Layton collection would be a pretty big seller.I wonder what the chances they'll port Ni no Kuni 2,or is that an exclusive?

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Grumblevolcano

@Octane If Prime 4 wasn't announced people would've assumed the Tropical Freeze sequel is the reason Prime 4 didn't exist just like they did with Tropical Freeze years ago.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

veeflames

Can we just get Layton in Smash, please?

I wonder if there'll be any new Professor Layton games for the Switch. And if so, how will it play out? The Layton games heavily relied on touchscreen controls, but now there won't be any touchscreen to utlilize in docked mode. Maybe the gameplay will now switch to a 3D world where you can move Layton "freely" instead of a point-and-click kind of gameplay. The 3DS games already have 3D models, so I guess that's a start.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

JaxonH

@Octane
Ni No Kuni 2 is indeed PS4 and PC, but I don't think it's restricted to just those platforms. I just think no other viable platform was on the menu at the time they started development. After all, the first one came to DS.

That said, I don't think it'll get ported. Sounds like they're not looking to the past, but the future. All future main games will come to Switch also. Ni No Kuni 2 probably marks the final non-Switch game from them.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

@JaxonH Yeah, that's what I meant. And Ni No Kuni 2 is still relatively new, so it could get a port later this year, or early next year.

Octane

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano I'm pretty sure there'd still be people pissed off if it turns out that Retro has been working on another DKC after all this time. Metroid is irrelevant here.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

@IceClimbers Well, I can't imagine they've been working on a third DKC game for nearly five years.

Octane

TuVictus

@IceClimbers I'd be pissed just for making us wait 5 years to reveal a 2D platformer. Not that it wouldn't be amazing, but aside from the fact that it shouldn't take 5 years to make one for a studio like Retro, it'd be yet another 2D platformer on a system that has no shortage of them coming in the present and future anyway.

If it is DK, it better have ridiculous amounts of content, surpassing TF.

TuVictus

shadow-wolf

Yeah I hope Retro's mystery game after all this time is not yet another Donkey Kong game. I heard the first two were excellent (I haven't played them yet), but with the talent at Retro I really hope they're tackling a brand new IP or a revamp of a long dormant Nintendo IP — I'd like to see them work on a game with a much greater scale and scope technologically-wise than 2D platformers.

shadow-wolf

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Well there is the mysterious Pikmin 4 situation which that game was supposedly "nearly complete" in 2015 yet here we are in 2018 with no new info.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

meleebrawler

@Vee_Flames Saying the Layton games ''relied'' on touchscreen controls seems a bit of a stretch, it was more just convenient use of the hardware. A Switch Layton, if keeping the point-and-click style, could use gyro or control stick controls for the ''cursor'', and could have puzzles using the former and HD rumble.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Eel

You know I'm surprised nobody has sold one of these with a fake rubber dpad put on top of the buttons. Like, I think it would work well?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

OorWullie

If Retro have indeed been working on DKCR3 then I bet it was originally planned to be a Wii U title and to have long since released,say 2016. That would have the new Trilogy all available to play on Wii U. If so then there will be a 2nd title that was developed with Switch in mind. Perhaps that's nearly ready too and will be revealed along with DKCR3, or maybe Nintendo have held it back as a 2019 title. Not too far fetched to think this could be the case.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

-Green-

I'm sort of bored right now, but in all honesty, things have been kinda boring Nintendo-wise recently. The Direct was nice and all, but it seems like all the interesting stuff is possibly after E3 and during the later parts of the year. I'd like it if Ninty could pick up the pace by E3 this year because I actually like using the Switch but there aren't any really great games for me recently.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

TuVictus

@Meowpheel that's... Actually a cool idea. If I were you I'd try and pitch that idea to manufacturers!

Seriously, I'd use it

TuVictus

bluemage1989

@Spoony_Tech it's not even easy to buy FIFA on the eshop as our bank cards do not work with it and also eshop cards are rarely sold here and when I can occasionally find some I tend to buy games that I can only buy digital. Thanks all of you for the help I will probably wait until FIFA 19 hopefully comes to Switch and even if it only offers marginal improvements it should be enough to justify its launch price.

On a related note I miss the days of non annualised football games and am going to play some International Superstar Soccer 64!!

bluemage1989

EvilLucario

Yeah, the first half is pretty light. Though there's always been at least one game every month, a good portion of them are ports. Good ports, mind you, but still ports, so if you've already played those games and you're not interested in double-dipping, they won't have much sway on you.

I personally don't mind all too much. I've been doing a second playthrough of Xenoblade 2 while I've been trying to get back into writing to hone my skills. But I understand if people are wanting more.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic