Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,181 to 26,200 of 34,813

OorWullie

I thought PS4 would remain on top riding the MonHun Express for a while yet, maybe dropping to 2nd briefly when Kirby releases but nope, natural order has been restored. Unless PS4 has any other Japanese favourites arriving soon it'll likely stay this way for the foreseeable future as I think LABO will be a huge success in Japan.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Shellcore

@OorWullie Ni No Kuni 2 may be the next biggy for PS4. Also, got to remember PS4 is in its fifth year. Most people who want one, have one already.

Shellcore

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Watch out, Molyneux's about! Are we sure this is his game? We haven't yet been told how revolutionary it is. Looks like a runner with crafting elements.

OorWullie

@Shellcore From what I've read about it it's more of a walker than a runner It's one of those slow paced walking simulator/resource management/town building/crafting/racing/pig shooting kind of games. It's actually meant to be alright though but could do with some updates, at least on PC. Going by Molyneux' track record those updates aren't likely to be arriving anytime soon.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Grumblevolcano

More fuel to the fire, Nintendo's presence at an event seems to be only 2 games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

Or they dont have to be there at all. Better something then nothing.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MisterPi

What fire? What is emerald city comic con? Doesn't seem like a place they'd want to put up their most anticipated games, anyway

Edited on by MisterPi

MisterPi

Link-Hero

MisterPi wrote:

What fire? What is emerald city comic con? Doesn't seem like a place they'd want to put up their most anticipated games, anyway

Emerald City is another name for Seattle in Washington. I would know as I live in WA.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Grumblevolcano

@Spoony_Tech That's the awkward part about this, Nintendo does usually skip events when there's not much to show.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Sorry for the double post but a new situation on the Sony front seems like an interesting discussion for here especially with the Switch paid online service coming in September.

Currently Sony has a number of free PS3, PS Vita and PS4 games with the PS+ membership. For example, March's PS+ games are:
Bloodborne (PS4)
Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
Legend of Kay Anniversary (PS3)
Mighty No. 9 (PS3 and PS4)
Claire: Extended Cut (PS Vita and PS4)
Bombing Busters (PS Vita and PS4)

Starting March 2019, this setup is being replaced by 2 free PS4 games per month so it's essentially becoming worse value for money.

Grumblevolcano

dimi

too bad Grumble cause i got PS3 and PS Vita but no PS4...

Anyway what worries me most is that its March already and outside of DK remake and Mario tennis there are no real games on the horizon on switch, last 2 months were pretty much "dead" on new releases. It doesn't look too good. I heard the rumors that there are some AAA third party ports coming, but the waiting is just too long.

Edited on by dimi

dimi

IceClimbers

@dimi Kirby Star Allies launches this month. Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition will probably be out in April. Dark Souls Remastered, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, and the Mega Man Legacy Collections are coming in May. Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Project Octopath, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Mega Man 11, etc later in the year.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@dimi You forgot Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition and sure things are very light on the 1st party front especially regarding games with a less vague release date than "2018" but that's part of the purpose of Directs. Get some new info on announced games coming soon, some info on upcoming content for already released games and some unannounced game announcements.

There's New Game Plus and improvements for Xenoblade 2 on Friday with more stuff coming to that game over the coming months, FE Warriors has the Awakening DLC in March, Splatoon 2 is still getting new monthly stages for free, the News section on Switch basically confirms Super Mario Odyssey is getting more content in the future, Mario & Rabbids has new story content featuring DK in Spring, etc.

Grumblevolcano

EvilLucario

Honestly I have too much to play. NG+ on Xenoblade 2 is literally probably gonna add like 150+ more hours to the damn game, and I've already completely almost "true" 100%ed the game with S+ on all 38 Rare Blades, all sidequests completed, and 99k SP on all Drivers to quickly unlock the new skills from NG+.

The only things I'm "missing" is level 10 Idea levels and the Master Luck Mod from Tiger Tiger, which I'm gonna do over NG+.

And I have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to finish 3-staring all courses, and 100% for Super Mario Odyssey, and I have to finish Golf Story...

Yeah.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

I never understood the insecurities and worries from a couple months with lower key releases.

Nintendo just had one of their most packed years ever, rounding things off nicely with Xenoblade 2 in December, and followed up with Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 in February (and published DQ Builders), a brand new Kirby game like 2 weeks later in March, Hyrule Warriors and LABO in April, DKC Tropical Freeze in May (not to mention Dark Souls and Street Fighter), Mario Tennis Aces in June, with the entire 2nd half of 2018 unscheduled which will make for an impressive e3, even knowing we still have a new Yoshi, brand new Fire Emblem, first ever home console Pokemon, The World Ends With You, a glorious return with Metroid Prime 4, other random games like Valkyria Chronicles 4, DQ Builders 2 and Dragon Quest XI, No More Heroes and SMTV, etc etc.

I just don't get what the big deal is. It's not gonna be Mario and Zelda every 6 months. We're 1 year from release and already have a dozen top notch 1st party exclusives on the system. With the "1 game per month" program still in full effect. So a couple months it's ported games... eh. Over the 60-84 month lifespan of the Switch, they can swing a half dozen to a dozen ports. Which have much greater value early on filling out the library as fast as possible.

Anyways

400gb micro SD for $189.99

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074RNRM2B/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=U...

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Final Fantasy XV, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Therad

dimi wrote:

too bad Grumble cause i got PS3 and PS Vita but no PS4...

Anyway what worries me most is that its March already and outside of DK remake and Mario tennis there are no real games on the horizon on switch, last 2 months were pretty much "dead" on new releases. It doesn't look too good. I heard the rumors that there are some AAA third party ports coming, but the waiting is just too long.

The beginning of the year is usually quiet on the gaming front. There are exceptions of course, some high profile games that missed the holiday season.

There was an article not long ago that compared the first year of consoles. The switch has roughly double the amount of games at the moment than ps4 had in the same time. And more highly rated games on top of that.

If you need games now, try out some indies. Indies are the ones driving innovation at the moment since the big publishers are becoming more and more streamlined.

Therad

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH The Amazon Spain release date for Mario Tennis Aces is very likely just a placeholder (other games with the vague Spring release date are being listed there with the same date). If it does end up being the actual release date, that would be one extremely weak first half of the year. I have so much to play that it wouldn't really matter either way but it would show that Nintendo is relying too heavily on Labo.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic