Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,161 to 26,180 of 69,981

Spoony_Tech

@bluemage1989 Take advantage of one of the sales when you can and just pick it up digitally. It's always on sale half price every couple months or so in any region.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Ralizah @kobashi100 @AlternateButtons
There hasn't been one single confirmed case of anything other than 3rd party docks bricking the system.

This rumor got out of hand because one particular individual called customer support and the $10/hour phone representative said "oh well ya know, maybe it was that portable battery you say you bought" without any basis of reasoning at all aside from ignorant speculation. Person also admits to having used a third-party dock...

That's not to say it's a physical impossibility but, until actual evidence surfaces, verified cases are confined to docks.

In fact, I use the very same Anker PowerCore USB-C PD portable battery and have since launch without any issues. I think the issue has to do with the requests needed to negotiate both power draw and video/audio. It would explain why only docks are having issues and not every other charger or device out there.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@subpopz
You know ?
So many talented artists left from Konami.
Last time i checked on MaiMai SEGA, there were Jimmy Weckl, Hideyuki Ono contributed their songs for SEGA.
Also, Naoki Maeda, Jun Karashima, Kiyotaka Sugimoto (DJ SIMON) , etc left from Konami, worked at Capcom for Cross X Beats.
Konami can keep making DDR for Arcade, but the songs choices & quality right now are pretty disaster.
Now, DDR Ace has some Toho Projects, Project Diva songs, from SEGA.

Anti-Matter

ieatdragonz

@subpopz Oh I know, and I had a bit of a laugh about it. I mean pachinko is profitable but its taking the piss out of what is essentially a dead series. Honestly I'm just glad I'm not a big a fan of even older Konami, cause if I was my heart would be broken by now

Although a new Castlevania game would be cool!

Edited on by ieatdragonz

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

OorWullie

Apparently Super Bomberman R is approaching 1 million sales. It sold 500k within its opening month. With it now being on sale for half price I imagine it will reach the 1 million pretty soon. There were a few folk doubting it had done well when they announced it was coming to other platforms. I doubt it will do anywhere near those numbers on PS4 or One. Even if you take the launch month sales away, 500k for a title like this is pretty good, especially at the price they were selling it for. Makes you wonder why Konami have been so quiet since,you'd think they would have at least brought a couple of other retro styled games after seeing the launch month sales. We are getting the Rebirth series from Wii Ware though supposedly so it's something.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Octane

@OorWullie I'm somehow a little saddened by that news. It's the most bare bones Bomberman game since the cheap €10 digital-only games on WiiWare, Xbox Live and PSN, and they charged full price for it, and it managed to sell more than any other entry in the franchise. Makes me wonder where those people where when games like Bomberman Hero, Generation or Tournament came out...

Octane

StuTwo

@Octane living in the shadows of Saturn Bomberman et all?

The series was so ubiquitous for so long so if you cared you probably had a copy on an older console and the quality level was all over the place so your existing SNES Bombeman might have actually been better than your GameCube one. Or at least not better enough to justify the cost.

Hudson mismanaged it and Konami doesn’t have a clue unfortunately. It has the potential to take giant leaps forward while remaining ‘Bomberman’ but it never has.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

StuTwo

subpopz wrote:

ieatdragonz wrote:

There is a chance that the next one could come, but who knows what Konami will do next (their business sense has been very poor for a while now).

That's an understatement. I just read that Konami recently filed a trademark for a Silent Hill gambling machine -.-

Ironically it’ll probably be very loud and with enough flashing lights you could use it to land aircraft in dense fog.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Scrummer

@OorWullie I think it's just referring to the fact that there are two previously eaten bananas in the background, and Donkey kong's about to shovel down a third banana. As much as I would want it to be, I don't think it's referencing a third DKCR.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Octane

That's definitely a tease, whether there's a third game in development is another question.

If there is another one, I don't think Retro is making it, unless they're working on two new games at the same time.

Octane

OorWullie

@Octane Yep it's definitely a tease as far as I'm concerned. @Scrummer The text and the bananas together in an Instagram post that has now disappeared, I'd say is giving us a pretty big hint that DKCR3 is on the way . The port of Tropical Freeze in May and the reveal of DKCR3 at E3.

Did Retro not say before they are big enough to work on multiple projects? There was definitely something to suggest they were. Maybe that's why we've been waiting so long for them to reveal what they've been working on. Perhaps one of the games was planned for Wii U and to have already been released but was then moved to Switch.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

-Green-

Has pokemon every revealed a game at E3? Most people I've seen seem to say that if they do it, it'll be at their own event.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Dogorilla

-Green- wrote:

Has pokemon every revealed a game at E3? Most people I've seen seem to say that if they do it, it'll be at their own event.

I don't think there have been any new announcements of Pokemon games at E3, but Sun and Moon featured heavily at E3 2016, so it's possible they could reveal the new game at this year's E3.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

JaxonH

“Basically, in the future our main titles will all be released on Nintendo Switch. The idea is that what we have created for 3DS will move over to Switch.”

• Level-5 CEO

Knew it. Switch is going to inherit the 3DS's support. Took a year to convince everyone but... the deed is now done. Thankfully. 3DS got a crapload of new games. Factor in the future stuff PS4 is getting that will now also head to Switch and it makes for a pretty big impact.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Scrummer

Professor Layton game for Switch perhaps?

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Grumblevolcano

@-Green- No, there's only been post-reveal trailers (e.g. ORAS) and last year confirming Pokemon Switch exists. I also don't think last year's announcement would've even happened if there wasn't such a backlash from the Ultra Sun/Moon reveal in the Pokemon Direct before E3.

As for the DK tease, I do think it could mean a Tropical Freeze sequel for Switch announced at E3 to finish a Retro trilogy. There won't be backlash either because Prime 4 is already confirmed to exist.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic