Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,161 to 26,180 of 31,669

Spoony_Tech

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

FragRed wrote:

@Scrummer You could argue that about any video gaming website. Looking at the Layers of Fear advert currently on the website, I don't see how it could be seen as disturbing. No more so than a violent game where people get killed in bloody/gruesome ways.

For some peoples, just looking at Bloodshed words could make them disturbed.
Me, who is really hate any horror things also felt really disturbed.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Anti-Matter wrote:

FragRed wrote:

@Scrummer You could argue that about any video gaming website. Looking at the Layers of Fear advert currently on the website, I don't see how it could be seen as disturbing. No more so than a violent game where people get killed in bloody/gruesome ways.

Would you stop, please? This is nonsense and you're full of it. You have a problem with anything mature. I've seen your reactions to games like first person shooters.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Knuckles-Fajita

Bayonetta 1 and 2 isnt selling well, below Wii U even, in Japan and UK.

At retail.

Digitally Bayo 1 has been 1st in the UK eShop since launch and Bayo 2 keeps climbing. In the US both are high.

In fact in the US eShop Bayonetta is at #1 and Bayonetta 2 is at #2.

In the UK eShop Bayonetta is STILL at #1 and Bayonetta 2 is #9

In the Japan eShop Bayonetta is #2 and Bayonetta 2 is #5.

Clearly doom and gloom. We need to watch the eShop more.

Nintendo Switch UK eShop Charts - 21/02/2018

Numbers in brackets are previous positions based on: 18/02/2018 (Unless they haven't moved)

1: Bayonetta (NEW)
2: Rocket League
3: Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
4: FIFA 18 (Up from 5th)
5: Stardew Valley (Down from 4th)
6: Overcooked: Special Edition (Up from 7th)
7: Golf Story (Down from 6th)
8: Enter The Gungeon (Up from 9th)
9: Bayonetta 2 (NEW) (Up from 13th)
10: Arcade Archives: Vs. Super Mario Bros.
11: Worms W.M.D
12: Celeste (Down from 8th)
13: Human Fall Flat (Down from 12th)
14: Dragon Quest Builders
15: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

As we can see, Bayonetta 2 AND FIFA 18 continue their climb. Bayonetta 1 maintains the top stop, Rocket League, Minecraft and Stardew Valley hold steady, as does Overcooked and Golf Story. Celeste is on the way down though.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

Sign up for the NL Inklings Splatoon 2 Tournament on July 7th: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Grumblevolcano

@YummyHappyPills Maybe Switch's play anywhere approach is convincing more people go for the "all digital" approach for games especially with most 1st party games and indies being on the smaller side of download size.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@YummyHappyPills Bayonetta's eshop sales are including retail sales because it's digital only everywhere, right?

The game is bombing hard in a couple of prominent markets, which isn't a good sign. If Bayonetta 3 does poorly, I think we can kiss this series goodbye permanently.

In fairness, I didn't repurchase the game(s) either. I'm not a huge hack n slash fan. Platinum combat is fun, but I hate Bayo's complex combo system and emphasis on scoring.

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Knuckles-Fajita

@Grumblevolcano I went digital for both of these.

@Ralizah I assume that yes, being eShop download codes, all Bayonetta 1 sales are counted in the digital ranking.

However, the positioning, and upward trend in the UK, of Bayonetta 2 (And Bayonetta if we discount the number of download code entries) is certainly not a bleak picture.

Is it bombing hard at retail? Yes. But as @Fight_Teza_Fight can attest having been out and about, most stores here in the UK won't stock Bayonetta, if at all, as not only a comparatively niche product, but because Nintendo has such limited retail presence here. Hell they didn't even know what Bravely Default was, that is how bad retail in the UK is.

But digitally? Quite the opposite. Top of the charts in the US for both. Bayo 2 keeps climbing after not charting at launch in the UK and the original maintains a top spot. Japan isn't too shabby either at #2 and #5...under Minecraft.

Sign up for the NL Inklings Splatoon 2 Tournament on July 7th: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Ryu_Niiyama

Yeah I'm buying bayo digital (I dont see the point in hauling around one cart and having the other game digitally) so I can see retail being a little misleading in sales.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

@Ralizah Not in Japan. Anyone who got the infinite climax version (roughly half) got a physical copy there.

link3710

Ralizah

@link3710 Oh, nice. Two carts in the Japanese SE, huh?

@YummyHappyPills Fair enough. If the retail version of the game is selling out, all parties involved will be happy with how it's performing, regardless of the actual sales numbers.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

bluemage1989

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Anti-Matter wrote:

FragRed wrote:

Would you stop, please? This is nonsense and you're full of it. You have a problem with anything mature. I've seen your reactions to games like first person shooters.

Look @Anti-Matter I get how you feel about mature content I myself find some games very unsettling but just as people respect your desire for safer content please respect others desires for more mature content. Gaming for a lot of people is about escapism from the real world so I completely respect your desire for cute colourful fun games gamers come in all different types and I hope the Switch continues to give you the games you love. I admire your passion my friend. Enjoy your games

For everyone else I know it can be frustrating when someone hammers home the same message repeatedly I think in some ways we are all guilty of doing so to some degree sometimes especially when its something we are passionate about. I mean hell I won't shut up about Wave Race until we see the next entry maybe things are lost in translation from Indonesian to English maybe the two viewpoints are just to different but anyways maybe BOTH sides can relax

Currently Playing:

Switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Doom and Arms.

WiiU: Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Party 10.

N64: Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini.

Xbox One: Battlefield 1 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

Warioware

Not sure if anybody else has posted this yet but the Deemo update is live adding some new songs and controller input support.

Warioware

Tsurii

@Ralizah I think the scoring in Bayonetta is actually pretty rewarding when the combat/gameplay itself resonates well with you. It can be a bit frustrating starting out, but you don't have to do everything perfect to unlock all of the stuff (on top of Platinum usually including little "cheats" to unlock things via other means) and even seeing a lot of gold and silver usually keeps me going when I'm playing the games just casually. It's pretty easy to get the best general award when you keep at it for short while, going for all perfects is for masochists tho. Screw that (altho I am able to get the odd pure platinum on chapters on the higher difficulties)

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Knuckles-Fajita

@Ralizah You'd say that if the physical release sold out people should be happy, as the publisher obviously states how many to ship.

Yet FIFA 18 sold out physically and EA isn't happy

bluemage1989

@Ralizah

I think Bayo 3 will do good but I don't see the series ever being a massive franchise but also doing well enough to make a profit.

I didn't rebuy because I can still play it on my WiiU (which is still set up with the Switch and Xbox one) and to be honest portable gaming isn't that big a thing for me. I think it's done alright for a rerelease if this had been a new release I imagine it would have charted much much higher.

Currently Playing:

Switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Doom and Arms.

WiiU: Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Party 10.

N64: Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini.

Xbox One: Battlefield 1 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

EvilLucario

It wouldn't surprise me. They could easily just call it "Super Smash Bros for Switch", include all the content from the 3DS version, tweak some characters, add all-new single-player content, and add some characters like Ice Climbers (who were cut only because of the 3DS's hardware limitations in 3D mode) and the Xenoblade 2 protagonists.

Smash 4's only sore point for me was the lack of really good single-player content. Smash Run was fun, but nothing like Subspace Emissary sadly. What was there was good, but I just wanted more. Everything else about Smash 4 is just perfection.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Milanoir - Switch Announcement Trailer

Milanoir, an original pixel-packed action game inspired by the masterpiece Italian crime movies of the 1970s, is expected to launch on Nintendo Switch™ in early 2018.

Set in the violent underbelly of Milan, Milanoir is a story of greed, betrayal and revenge that plays off classic films like Caliber 9 and Almost Human. Sneak, choke and shoot through the seedy criminal underworld and survive breathtaking vehicle chases to evade and eliminate those standing between you and the man who framed you. Milanoir’s pixel art aesthetic paints the unforgiving city of Milan in bright and bloody detail with a funky ‘70s-style soundtrack to cement the tone of the era.

The game has been designed with the unique capabilities of the Nintendo Switch™ in mind, and allows two players to complete its entire action packed campaign in Co-Op mode on one console with each player using one Joy‑Con™ controller.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

rallydefault

@Grumblevolcano
I think so, too. Give it a couple years and I think physical cartridges/discs will be hard-to-find novelties and mostly just for the big first-party games. Like it or not (and I generally do NOT like it), the future looks pretty darn digital for media. It'll be like the music scene with those dang hipsters and their new vinyl albums lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic