Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,161 to 26,180 of 34,430

Therad

IceClimbers wrote:

I could see a 3DS Mini Direct happening, but only if the Wario/Link's Awakening rumors are true. Even then the 3DS stuff would be better served via headlines in a full Direct and some Tweets.

That being said, I feel like it would be somewhat tone deaf. Most people seemed to think that the Direct Mini in January implied there would be a bigger one accompanying it, and that the Direct Mini wasn't good enough. I think it's been pretty obvious for a while now that the Direct Mini was their beginning of year Direct, and that there won't be another one (for the Switch at least) until the usual one in March/April

It feels like Nintendo have become more secretive and have fewer directs but with more content with Kimishima. They quite often have a very short window between reveal and release. I think I like that more instead of hearing about games years in advance.

With that said, we will probably get a direct in Mars or early April.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

gcunit

Huh. Sounds familiar...

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Runner 3; Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; FIFA 18; Owlboy

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Knuckles-Fajita

Cant we just all be nice to each other and/or use this handy ignore function?

Oh wait. Im on everyones lists.

Oh well. Carry on.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills That's not true. You're not on my ignore list. And I doubt most people have ignored you.

Edited on by FragRed

ENGAGE VG NEWS & REVIEWS SITE LAUNCHING SOON: www.engagevg.com

OorWullie

I don't have anyone on my ignore list but I know I'm on at least one person's. Someone who's quite active on this very thread and one I've had friendly discussion with in the past. Not quite sure what happened there. Maybe ignored in error as I've done the same in the past, or maybe not

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

FragRed

@OorWullie When using my phone I have several times hit the report button by accident when simply scrolling the forums. So perhaps that's what happened.

ENGAGE VG NEWS & REVIEWS SITE LAUNCHING SOON: www.engagevg.com

kkslider5552000

I've ignored two people. You can have fun speculating who they are. (I can confirm they're not on this page)

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Octane

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Well, @NaviAndMii has a point. This is a forum, and not a personal blog. No offence, but I don't think anyone cares when you say you've read the news first, or when you say you've posted about it two hours ago. It's not a race, or a competition. And whilst you do post a lot of links to other sites and articles, I rarely see you discussing the actual news.. Like, 95% if your posts are links to other websites and articles. Maybe you should start a personal blog if you're into sharing news. Just a suggestion of course!

Octane

gcunit

@Octane We've been here (hyperlink not working, but this thread on 24th Jan. 2018) before.

Just use the ignore function, people. If people would stop quoting annoying users then we'd never know they're here.

Anyone trolling, moaning incessantly, or just being annoying, goes straight on my list. Life's too short to give leeches any attention whatsoever.

Every now and then I purge my ignore list, then within about a week most of the same names are back on it. Currently 12 on my list.

Edited on by gcunit

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Runner 3; Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; FIFA 18; Owlboy

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@OorWullie Thanks for reminding me. It may happen some time that I repeat what someone has already said but it could be down to having some people on my ignore list so I can't see their posts or comments. It takes a lot to make that list.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Ralizah

Therad wrote:

Guest-hosted by Elon Musk.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Therad

Ralizah wrote:

Therad wrote:

Guest-hosted by Elon Musk.

Btw, has anyone seen Musk since the launch? My theory is that he went home to his home planet in his sweet new ride.

Therad

DarthNocturnal

@NaviAndMii

I wouldn't apologize. Not to someone who calls a simple request “rude and obnoxious“ while calling other people's comments “garbage“ and the like (which actually is rude and obnoxious). Just ignore him (with or without the button).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Knuckles-Fajita

@DarthNocturnal Oh yeah. He DID say that about some of my posts.

WELP. Das boot.

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

SLIGEACH_EIRE

This week's Media Create sales for Japan.

Hardware sales (last week's sales in brackets):

Switch – 39,696 (39,303)
PS4 – 29,392 (41,496)
New 2DS LL – 6,693 (5,778)
PS4 Pro – 5,383 (8,006)
Vita – 5,017 (4,959)
New 3DS LL – 3,693 (3,423)
2DS – 850 (959)
Xbox One X – 139 (133)
Xbox One – 135 (57)

Software charts:

1. [PS4] Monster Hunter World – 53,982 / 1,890,273
2. [PS4] Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match – 46,111 / NEW
3. [PS4] Metal Gear Survive – 31,359 / NEW
4. [PS4] Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal – 24,118 / NEW
5. [NSW] Splatoon 2 – 19,501 / 2,062,345
6. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 17,259 / 1,363,646
7. [NSW] Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 12,252 / 883,780
8. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey – 11,639 / 1,626,145
9. [PS4] Dynasty Warriors 9 – 8,959 / 147,634
10. [PSV] Harukanaru Toki no Naka de Ultimate – 8,833 / NEW
11. [NSW] Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle – 8,634 / 151,225
12. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon – 8,614 / 1,566,656
13. [PS4] Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet – 6,027 / 94,631
14. [NSW] Bayonetta 2 – 5,443 / 14,975
15. [PS4] Secret of Mana – 5,336 / 41,378
16. [PSV] Tokimeki Restaurant: Project Tristars – 4,319 / NEW
17. [3DS] Mario Party: The Top 100 – 4,271 / 165,894
18. [NSW] 1-2 Switch – 4,215 / 403,972
19. [PS4] Dragon Ball FighterZ – 3,992 / 92,935
20. [PS4] Star Wars: Battlefront II – 3,898 / 89,486

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20180228071/

The Switch is back on top of the hardware charts after PS4 domination for the previous 4 weeks. Bayonetta 2 at this rate might be lucky to reach 100,000 sales in Japan by the end of the Switch lifecycle.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

NaviAndMii

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Well, as you keep bringing up 'discussions' - my point was that, if you're the second contributor, perhaps you should initiate a discussion with the original poster? ..your post wasn't conversational, so kind of appeared to ignore the original contribution - which came across as pretty rude

There are some (more strict) forums that I frequent where that would've been considered a real faux pas...but I recognise my own faults as well - and sincerely apologise for my initial rudeness ("do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and all that)

That's all I can say - I hope you accept my apology and take on board my wider point. I like your bulletin-style posts and the uniform way in which you format them - but I like other peoples' contributions as well and think that they deserve recognition if it they were the ones who bought the story to light. It comes across like you're not even reading the thread (and just spamming) otherwise.

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Oubie

Hi Koopalings, don't attack me for this but I still love playing on the 3DS. Just this month i've been busy with Radiant Historia and SteamWorld Dig 2. Both great titles that I missed on other systems. I'm also interested in Detective Pikachu and The Alliance Alive at the end of March.

I hope the King of Cards DLC of Shovel Knight comes soon, along with announcements of localisations of Japanese games like Dragon Quest XI (really enjoyed the remakes of VII and VIII on the 3DS), Yo-Kai Watch 3, Persona Q2 and Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2. I really enjoyed the previous games in those franchises. And if rumors are true of some crazy remakes like Link's Awakening, that would make me a happy 3DS owner in 2018.

Oubie

3DS Friend Code: 5000-2596-8451 | Nintendo Network ID: Oubie88

Eagle9

There's so much bad games already in eShop, likewise in 3DS. Too much games(?) Luckily nowadays can look from internet info about games.

E: Atleast i don't remember that was the case in 90's.

Edited on by Eagle9

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Grumblevolcano

I do think Link's Awakening is happening, Hyrule Warriors Legends kind of teased us on that one (look at the games that received Adventure maps after the original NES game, let's ignore VC releases):

Twilight Princess -> GCN (2006), Wii (2006), Wii U (2016)
Majora's Mask -> N64 (2000), 3DS (2015)
Wind Waker -> GCN (2003), Wii U (2013)
Link's Awakening -> GB (1993), GBC (1998)
Phantom Hourglass -> DS (2007)
Spirit Tracks -> DS (2009)
A Link Between Worlds -> 3DS (2013)

Link's Awakening is the odd one out. On another note, if Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition does get another season pass, I totally see 2 of the packs being Skyward Sword and BotW (if not already in the base game).

It's kind of like how Smash 4 actually teased us for the Fire Emblem Gaiden remake.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic