Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,141 to 26,160 of 69,964

Grumblevolcano

Mario Odyssey has 2 new outfits out now (no update required), Satellaview and Baseball.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano Freaking Satellaview? Wow. No level is too obscure huh

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

So somebody did a deep dive on the Switch's implementation of USB-C. Turns out the system itself isn't compliant.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

It's getting to the point where I don't think any device implements USB-C-PD correctly...

link3710

bluemage1989

I've been craving a football game for Switch and my only option at the moment is FIFA 18. Should I wait a few months and hope that Pro Evo (my preferred series) makes it to Switch or even that FIFA 19 offers a big improvement?? Or just get FIFA 18 now?? Is FIFA 18 really that stripped down?? Price isn't a factor for me as my only local retailer still has it at launch price. Would be annoyed if I waited the four months till normal football release dates only to find Switch is skipped. What I would do for a Mario Strikers announcement!!

bluemage1989

Spoony_Tech

@bluemage1989 I don't get all the hate '18 got for the Switch. As far as I know it's missing one mode, it runs great, and what's on offer is way more then I'm willing to get into. I just want to play a season or 2 and that's it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ieatdragonz

@bluemage1989 Fifa18 really isn't all too bad on the Switch, but yeah if you want the "definitive" version I wouldn't get it. It isn't missing that much, and I like the portability its fun.

Plus its been on sale multiple times in every region, pretty sure Amazon UK had a sale for a long time, and the Eshop in Europe put it on sale a good amount a couple of times. There's even a Bestbuy sale going on right now. If you want football I really wouldn't be discouraged unless it was a full price watered down game. Since its often not full price I don't mind in the slightest

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ea-sports-fifa-18-nintendo-switc...

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

Therad

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@bluemage1989 I don't get all the hate '18 got for the Switch. As far as I know it's missing one mode, it runs great, and what's on offer is way more then I'm willing to get into. I just want to play a season or 2 and that's it.

It is the narrative, not the game itself. "3rd parties won't support the switch!!!", "Switch can't handle <game>, too weak!", "inferior port, why can't nintendo create a clone of PS4???", "3rd parties have given up on switch!!" etc...

Therad

Ryu_Niiyama

I can't wait for Moto GP.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

link3710

@AlternateButtons To try and lower the panic somewhat, this only applies to docks. And not just Nintendo Switch docks, but any docking station for any device. USB-C-PD's guidelines have been constantly changing for sometime, and are poorly documented. Back when Switch was under design, the certification process hadn't even started yet. While Nintendo most certainly needs to patch the Switch to fix the it on the console's end, as well as the dock's firmware if that's an option, you won't brick it by connecting USB-C directly to the console. It's only the interaction between the dock, other power sources that may or may not be in compliance themselves, and the Switch that's causing the brick.

link3710

Blathers

AlternateButtons wrote:

Power banks are just as at risk.

If the Switch in portable mode can benefit off up to 18W of power, it's not going to fry when it overdraws a 20W power bank.

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

kobashi100

Blathers wrote:

AlternateButtons wrote:

Power banks are just as at risk.

If the Switch in portable mode can benefit off up to 18W of power, it's not going to fry when it overdraws a 20W power bank.

Yeah I have serious doubts a power bank is gonna fry my switch.

Off topic. Thimbleweed park on sale so I have just purchased

kobashi100

Ralizah

Suddenly I'm glad I opted for that cheaper Anker battery without the USB-C output ports.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

bluemage1989

@ieatdragonz @Spoony_Tech

Thanks for the info to be honest I'm not that fussed about things like the journey being missing (new transfer negotiations would have been cool to be included like the rest) I would just want to be able to mess around playing some football half decent career mode and be quite good looking. My problem (which I didnt explain to well sorry) is that games are hard to come by in my region and the only retailer here has it at £59.99 (standard price launch price here) I don't mind paying that for games but if I'm going to I'd like to be getting something I really will enjoy and while I would probably enjoy it I'd be annoyed if in three months Pro Evo or a much improved FIFA switch was released.

bluemage1989

ieatdragonz

@bluemage1989 You must be in quite the isolated area haha, you should at least have Amazon UK deliver no? They have it 35£ there, so it is a bit off compared to a 60$ launch game here. If you really can't then yeah you could probably wait and see for FIFA19.

But Pro Evo is a little more tricky. Konami might have supported the Switch before, but PES 2018 was pretty much downright denied. There is a chance that the next one could come, but who knows what Konami will do next (their business sense has been very poor for a while now). Longest I would wait would be till E3, but if you can find FIFA18 for less then 60£, then I would go for it.

PES article: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/pes_2018_is_skipping...

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

bluemage1989

@NaviAndMii @ieatdragonz

Thanks for the info. I have no issue with FIFA its a fine series and I will probably end up with 18 maybe 19 but I have always had a soft spot for ISS/Pro Evo. It just seems they have more genuine love of football, great physics and a great understanding of what makes football games fun to play

Amazon UK deliver I wish!! Yeah I'm in the British South West Atlantic so about as isolated as it can be really!!

bluemage1989

FireMario887

I won't know genuine happiness until the day I play Metroid Prime 4.

Oh, and Smash Bros 5, but mainly Metroid.

FireMario887

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic