Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,141 to 26,160 of 37,787

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills I don't think there is going to be a Nintendo Mini Direct for the 3DS. I think the reason the past Direct focused entirely on the Switch was because Nintendo have decided that the overwhelming sales meant that they can fully put all their efforts into the new system. Any 3DS games coming out now will be minor titles that Nintendo outsource on the cheap to try and get a quick buck to supplement the Switch sales.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I think the past Direct was focused entirely on Switch solely to reduce the Labo backlash. That said, I don't see there being a 3DS only Direct but rather 3DS games being the early headlines of a normal Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PikPi

Eh, I dunno if people would be very excited for a 3DS direct mini. At least, not if it was labeled as such. I expect another regular direct that happens to have 3DS games in it. But if I'm wrong, oh well. Link's Awakening remake alone is worth it

PikPi

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano Mini 3DS Direct and an annual 2018 Switch Presentation to mark the console's second year would be great. They have Labo, online and loads to discuss.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Wild Guns Reloaded Heading To The Nintendo Switch In April 2018

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/02/27/wild-guns-reloaded-headi...

It's $30 on Gamestop's website.

Outlast 2 launches March 27 for Switch

https://nintendoeverything.com/outlast-2-launches-march-27-fo...

Outlast 2 will cost £26.99. It’ll take up 9.6GB of space.

Outlast 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed survival horror game Outlast. Set in the same universe as the first game, but with different characters and a different setting, Outlast 2 is a twisted new journey into the depths of the human mind and its dark secrets.

Outlast 2 introduces you to Sullivan Knoth and his followers, who left our wicked world behind to give birth to Temple Gate, a town, deep in the wilderness and hidden from civilization. Knoth and his flock are preparing for the tribulations of the end of times and you’re right in the thick of it.

You are Blake Langermann, a cameraman working with your wife, Lynn. The two of you are investigative journalists willing to take risks and dig deep to uncover the stories no one else will dare touch.

You’re following a trail of clues that started with the seemingly impossible murder of a pregnant woman known only as Jane Doe.
The investigation has lead you miles into the Arizona desert, to a darkness so deep that no one could shed light upon it, and a corruption so profound that going mad may be the only sane thing to do.

Source: Switch eShop

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

NaviAndMii

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Outlast 2 launches March 27 for Switch

https://nintendoeverything.com/outlast-2-launches-march-27-fo...

Outlast 2 will cost £26.99. It’ll take up 9.6GB of space.

Outlast 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed survival horror game Outlast. Set in the same universe as the first game, but with different characters and a different setting, Outlast 2 is a twisted new journey into the depths of the human mind and its dark secrets.

Outlast 2 introduces you to Sullivan Knoth and his followers, who left our wicked world behind to give birth to Temple Gate, a town, deep in the wilderness and hidden from civilization. Knoth and his flock are preparing for the tribulations of the end of times and you’re right in the thick of it.

You are Blake Langermann, a cameraman working with your wife, Lynn. The two of you are investigative journalists willing to take risks and dig deep to uncover the stories no one else will dare touch.

You’re following a trail of clues that started with the seemingly impossible murder of a pregnant woman known only as Jane Doe.
The investigation has lead you miles into the Arizona desert, to a darkness so deep that no one could shed light upon it, and a corruption so profound that going mad may be the only sane thing to do.

Source: Switch eShop

Already been mentioned...maybe read the thread rather than just spamming it?

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

I could see a 3DS Mini Direct happening, but only if the Wario/Link's Awakening rumors are true. Even then the 3DS stuff would be better served via headlines in a full Direct and some Tweets.

That being said, I feel like it would be somewhat tone deaf. Most people seemed to think that the Direct Mini in January implied there would be a bigger one accompanying it, and that the Direct Mini wasn't good enough. I think it's been pretty obvious for a while now that the Direct Mini was their beginning of year Direct, and that there won't be another one (for the Switch at least) until the usual one in March/April

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@NaviAndMii What a rude and obnoxious comment. Not the first time either that you've done so. I posted additional information and quoted the Press Release they put out. And I reference where I get my information.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

DarthNocturnal

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

What a rude and obnoxious comment. Not the first time either that you've done so.

Like talkin' in a mirror, eh?

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Harmonie

IceClimbers wrote:

I could see a 3DS Mini Direct happening, but only if the Wario/Link's Awakening rumors are true. Even then the 3DS stuff would be better served via headlines in a full Direct and some Tweets.

That being said, I feel like it would be somewhat tone deaf. Most people seemed to think that the Direct Mini in January implied there would be a bigger one accompanying it, and that the Direct Mini wasn't good enough. I think it's been pretty obvious for a while now that the Direct Mini was their beginning of year Direct, and that there won't be another one (for the Switch at least) until the usual one in March/April

I mean, it's people's own fault for expecting a major Direct. There was lots of misinformation floating around the community, too, about a supposed pattern of a regular Mini-Direct followed by a major Direct within a couple of weeks of time. I pointed out that wasn't the case (that 'data' included a lot of game-specific Directs and there were VERY few instances of an actual general Mini-Direct followed by a big general Direct in a few weeks time), but no one wants to listen...

When Nintendo released the Mini-Direct, I never interpreted as "There's going to be a major one, too", instead it was more "This is all of the info we want to reveal here at the beginning of the year, we will appropriately title it a Mini-Direct." And look, that's just what happened!

Harmonie

SLIGEACH_EIRE

DarthNocturnal wrote:

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

What a rude and obnoxious comment. Not the first time either that you've done so.

Like talkin' in a mirror, eh?

I'm waiting for your answer. And you just slaughtered that expression by the way.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Grumblevolcano

The Mini Direct in January combined with lack of release dates made me think a major Direct was coming sometime in February though I'm not annoyed it wasn't the case. Xenoblade 2 took me 290 hours to fully explore and I'm tempted to start New Game Plus on Friday (I really miss the world, characters and gameplay but don't want to start Xenoblade 1 or X because those games coming to Switch in some form is inevitable).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Outlast - Switch vs. PS4 - Visual Comparison Video (Direct-Feed Footage)

They look very similar, it looks good, though the Switch version looks a little blurrier in places. It's a very early PS4 release which may make the port easier and comparisons more favourable.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

JaxonH

Eh, Directs come when they come. The games are ready when the games are ready and they'll be announced when they're ready to be announced. That's my view on things anyways.

But see, I've always got something to play, and always a perpetual 100 more in the backlog waiting. So I don't really care when they announce stuff or how long it takes or if we go 12 months without a single new game being shown off... because at the end of the day they always release about 10 games per year, every single year, and that never changes no matter how many Directs they show or when they show them. If we get a bunch of games announced in one direct we'll get just 1-2 announced in the next. In the end it all averages out. So I just go with the flow, knowing that by the time December 31st comes around I will have played roughly a dozen more awesome first party games on Switch, and goodness knows how many third-party titles.

As for the mini Direct for 3DS, The person who shared this information predicted the Alliance Alive demo dropping right after the Direct, and it was just confirmed today that the game would be getting a demo releasing that very day. The odds of that are pretty slim unless the person had legit information.

So, i'm going to assume it's true and here are my thoughts on it: The 3DS is having a really good year- best January since 2013 in fact. As much as people like myself and others want to see the focus entirely on Switch, I cannot deny the reality the people are still buying the system and those people deserve at least some attention. Seeing as we have not really gotten any 3DS announcements since e3 from Nintendo, I think we're about due.

The question is, will MH Generations Ultimate be 3DS only? Surely not. It might be a 3DS focused direct but I imagine they would announce it for both 3DS and Switch. The only reason I can think of they would not localize for Switch is because of how popular and hot the system is. And perhaps they would rather save the first Switch MH for a new entry ala World, so as to not squander new players that might pick the game up after the hype from World and be put off. I will be incredibly pissed off if that's the case though. And I just don't see them doing that. I don't. Although bringing it to 3DS only is admittedly more acceptable to have that older style of game because of how limited the hardware is. But I swear if they localize that game and don't bring it to Switch I will riot. Let's just leave it at that.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dark Souls, World of Final Fantasy, TWEWY
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Sure it would create a lot of anger among the fanbase for a certain amount of time but if the 3DS Direct is real and a Switch focused event was happening soon after (say for example a major Direct around a week later), I could see MH Generations Ultimate for Switch announcement potentially being saved for the Switch event.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Harmonie Oh I agree. I thought we wouldn't get another Direct until the usual Spring one since the Direct Mini dropped.

At the end of the day, people can expect 3-4 general Directs a year: 1 at the beginning of the year, 1 in Spring, and then 1 or 2 post-E3. Game-specific Directs, as well as their E3 presentation fill in the gaps.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

@JaxonH @Grumblevolcano That's assuming they plan to do a Switch Direct soon after. Early April (note: beginning of new fiscal year) seems like the most likely time for them to have their next wave of Switch announcements.

Anyways, there's really no reason why both versions of MHXX - and DQXI for that matter - can't be localized.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Well I'm not even considering the 3DS Direct to be definite, sure there's evidence for it to be real but we can't guarantee it's real until Nintendo reveals it. Given the rumour says it's a Direct Mini, if it's real it'll just randomly go up on Thursday like the January one.

That said I do think we'll hear something on the Switch front by Kirby release at the latest. Even though early April would only be a few weeks extra waiting time, having a schedule where you know nothing with an actual release except Labo and Tropical Freeze is not a good position to be in.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NaviAndMii

@SLIGEACH_EIRE If you're genuinely joining the discussion, I can't see why you can't just join in, but instead present everything as though it is 'SLIGEACH's breaking news' - that's all

It often derails the thread - and in this case just looked (to me) as though you were attempting to steal someone elses thunder - which I'd consider to be pretty 'rude' and 'obnoxious'... (btw: pot... kettle...)

If you were just looking to join in, it wasn't clear - at all. You framed it as a 'news' post when it was already actively being discussed - which came across like you perhaps weren't paying attention to the discussion and just spamming (or even hijacking the original post) ..if I've got the wrong end of the stick, I apologise - that's just how I saw it.

I will apologise for the abrupt tone of my original comment as well - t'was a bit much...sorry.

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic