Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,121 to 26,140 of 69,995

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH Time to port is one thing but having used and had this same issue with UE4, because they like changing stuff like that at random sometimes, and the timeframe we have known the game exists on Switch...it raises questions.

YEs time to port is one thing, but it's not two years. Even in Square Enix time. 10 years is what it took for FFXV to be announced as one game, scrapped while they finished another, change development team, have an entire custom engine built for it, and then remade from scratch.

By the time DQXI launches ANYWHERE on Switch it will have been at least 4 years since announcement. So in SE time if we take FFXV and divide that up, the act of porting from one version of an engine to a later version of the same engine...should not take the best part of 5 years.

There is SE slow, and then there is "We haven't actually started yet"

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ieatdragonz

@JaxonH You're giving way too much optimism here, while they have confirmed it there is no reason they wouldn't cancel it.

Imagine this situation, what if the western release on PS4 and PC have very mediocre sales numbers? They are trying to pull a Monster Hunter World here and redo their image entirely to gain western popularity. Like Monster Hunter, if it bombs the later ports would likely be cancelled.

I mean its pretty evident with Monster Hunter, notice how the PC version is taking a bit? Likely they had few resources on it so a cancellation wouldn't be taxing. Saying "I couldn't care less" doesn't make sense, as Square Enix did little work for Nintendo Switch but still let us be strung along. It might not matter to you but skipping the PS4 release could actually affect you in the long term. Its possible it might even disappear entirely.

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

gcunit

@ieatdragonz Dragon Quest... dissappear? Not likely.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@YummyHappyPills
Whatever the case... it's coming.

2 years, 4 years... I don't care. It's coming. Plenty other games to play in the meantime. They will not be getting my money for any other version- PS4, 3DS... none of them. As it should be. Switch does it all. The full console experience of PS4 and the portability of 3DS.

Buying games for PS4 and 3DS feels like a total waste nowadays. Only reserved for games that fall under the "no other alternative" umbrella. So knowing it's coming to Switch is all I need.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

ieatdragonz

@gcunit I remember when people said that about Megaman Legends 3, and that game we had much more information about. It might not even be a cancellation entirely, it could continue development... for Japan only. Why bring it to the west with Switch if it has already been confirmed to be a bomb on PS4 and PC?

Sometimes I'm amazed at the dedication of publishers. Like with Ubisoft and Watchdogs for the Wii U, but like that game what was the point? To make good on promises? Promises aren't the ones that makes profit.

Speaking of Ubisoft, don't forget Steep is in the same boat as Dragon Quest. Does it even make sense to release it at this point? This is a question Square will likely ask itself.

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

EvilLucario

Square Enix is so ******* weird at times. They're even weirder than Capcom sometimes.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Octane

Remember, Square Enix is the company that announced the remake of Final Fantasy VII three years ago, and they're currently still in pre-production it seems. You know, or Kingdom Hearts III. Taking a long arse time and Square Enix are synonyms.

Octane

JaxonH

@ieatdragonz
???

Look man, you wanna think they're gonna cancel it, then knock yourself out.

But don't scold me for not believing such a thing. They've re-confirmed this game at least half a dozen times now.

If that ever happens feel free to find me and tell me how right you were, but until then... please

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

EvilLucario

@Octane Let's also not forget Final Fantasy Versus XIII and that circus of development hell before it became XV.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Octane

@EvilLucario Indeed. I don't think they're doing this on purpose. They're just incompetent when it comes to releasing anything on time.

Octane

kobashi100

People need to calm down. There is absolutely no chance the switch version will be cancelled.

kobashi100

Grumblevolcano

The Switch version will be cancelled in favour of releasing on the New Switch XL

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blathers

ieatdragonz wrote:

@Blathers See, I had heard about that game but somehow missed it was being published by Square Enix.

Yeah, it was a kickstarter campaign but it's listed on Square's site:
https://collective.square-enix.com/projects/346/relegend/
and they've managed to get some composers who have worked on other Square games to do the music

I'm really confused because they claim to be an indie team.

Edited on by Blathers

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

Therad

Octane wrote:

Remember, Square Enix is the company that announced the remake of Final Fantasy VII three years ago, and they're currently still in pre-production it seems. You know, or Kingdom Hearts III. Taking a long arse time and Square Enix are synonyms.

Yeah, I think their internal processes are bad. My guess is they have a structure that doesn't jive with software development.

Therad

Dogorilla

Just looked at the news page on the Switch and there's an article about the new Halo skin pack in Minecraft, which says 'Two of the greatest games ever come together.' Never thought I'd see the day where an official page on a Nintendo console refers to Halo as one of the greatest games ever...

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

rallydefault

@Dogorilla
Halo is one of those classic games that I just cannot get into. I love the genre and I've played through every single game, but I never really loved any of them lol

Now LAN multiplayer with Halo/Halo 2 back in the day. That was the bear's bark, man.

rallydefault

OorWullie

Never really been big on FPS games, at least any from the last 15 years or so.But I did use to love playing Halo's 4 player King of the Hill on my mates Xbox back in the day. Good times.

Doom 2016 I also love but that's because it's more of an old school FPS. I'm curious to see how I'll get on with Wolfenstein 2 when it arrives. Hopefully it'll have motion controls as they've made Doom even better than it already was.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

NaviAndMii

I was a GoldenEye/Perfect Dark/TimeSplitters kid growing up - GoldenEye was the granddaddy, Perfect Dark improved on it in almost every conceivable way - and the breakaway TimeSplitter's games just turned the crazy up to 11, which I adored! ..Halo always felt a bit sterile in comparison - solid shooters, just lacking a bit of 'magic'.

Kudos to Master Chief for his staying power though - all of my childhood faves are no more, but Halo is still going strong. Fair play.

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

gcunit

Halo was best experienced in co-op. Can't think of many games before or after that did co-op campaign any better.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic