Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,101 to 26,120 of 69,981

NaviAndMii

Personally, I can only really justify spending a certain amount of money on games annually - having bought the console itself (plus key accessories) and, more recently, a SNES Classic (fearing that it could be discontinued at any moment!) a larger-than-normal chunk of my 'gaming budget' was spent on hardware, rather than software, in the Switch's first year.

With (relatively) limited gaming funds to spare in the last year, I felt I had to be quite picky with the games that I purchased - so limited myself to just a handful of AAA's (with a healthy sprinkling of Nindies to bulk out my Switch's fledgling library a bit - and 1 PS4 game!) ..unfortunately, that meant that I had to prioritise - and haven't yet bought a third-party AAA game for the system

I fully intend to though - with no hardware to buy, my 'software budget' should receive a healthy boost this year - so I should be able to treat myself to some of the wider delights that the Switch has to offer! There have definitely been a number of third-party AAA's which have caught my eye over the past few months - with some great reveals in the recent Direct as well - and with E3 just around the corner, hopefully plenty more to come! ..my current selection of games should comfortably tide me over until E3 - at which point I'll be earmarking games for future purchase - and, with a healthier budget this year, I'm certain that a number of third-parties will make my shortlist

Edited on by NaviAndMii

šŸŽ® Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Farmboy74

@Grumblevolcano

I think your release schedule would have allowed Skyrim and Doom more room to breathe as Iā€™m sure both games canabilised each otherā€™s sales to an extent, might have also benefitted Xenoblade 2 as Iā€™m sure first party wise Mario Odessey was Nintendoā€™s big Christmas release.

@NaviAndMii

I here what you are saying about your gaming budget, all my budget went to the Switch at the expense of my PS4! And even then iā€™ve had to leave games like Pokken, Xenoblade, Mario Kart, Bayonetta & Resident Evil on my wish list!
At this point I have a serious gaming backlog and not enough time to play everything.

Farmboy74

JaxonH

Nintendo Switch console $254.99 with code: PREPSPRING via Newegg on eBay (official Newegg eBay account).

Also, should be no tax.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Switch-with-Neon-Blue-and-N...

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

The 5.0.1 update didn't just have stability, it also provided Joy-Con updates though I don't know what for.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

@Grumblevolcano I'm pretty sure they had that feature before. I updated mine like 2 weeks ago.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

Farmboy74 wrote:

@NaviAndMii

I here what you are saying about your gaming budget, all my budget went to the Switch at the expense of my PS4! And even then iā€™ve had to leave games like Pokken, Xenoblade, Mario Kart, Bayonetta & Resident Evil on my wish list!
At this point I have a serious gaming backlog and not enough time to play everything.

Haha! Yeah - in Year 1, I decided pretty early on that I was going to prioritise getting the key bases covered, just so I'd have something for any occasion - so I made sure I picked up a good single player game, a good online multiplayer game, a good local multiplayer game and a good local co-op game - and a sprinkling of others to suit different moods (a racer, a sports title, an adventure game and a shooter)

I felt that that'd give me a nice solid platform to build on in Year 2 - and I'm pretty happy with the balance ..and, like you, I've definitely got a healthy sized backlog to dip in to if I'm yearning for something new!

The SNES Classic is keeping me nicely topped-up at the moment though - might even tide me through to E3 - at which point, I'll take stock and map out the rest of my gaming year depending on which announcements and reveals get my ol' heart pumping!

I've been pretty impressed with the third-party effort up to now (several in my backlog) and the Direct had some really tasty looking titles - and, who knows, maybe the best is yet to come? (E3 hype!!! ) ..either way, I'm pretty confident that I'll be adding a few third-parties to my collection before too long - especially if they bring something to the table that Nintendon't! (eg. Wolfenstein II, provided the port isn't a mess, is an almost certain purchase for me - more games in that sort of ballpark would be most welcome!)

šŸŽ® Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

OorWullie

Some gameplay from Urban Trial Playground that comes out next week. It's looking pretty good I think.

Just noticed this one on the Eshop called Masters of Anima.It releases on the 10th of April. It looks like it might be a good one. A bit like a fantasy Pikmin. It releases across all platforms on the same date so no reviews available for it yet.

Edited on by OorWullie

šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ Mr Mustard šŸ‡¹šŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

šŸ•¹ļø The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards šŸ•¹ļø

gcunit

@OorWullie The Urban Trial game looks to be another bike game with overly simplistic animation. These games always seem to lack any flourishes in terms of the person on the bike moving around to aid immersion, likewise for any sign of tyre impact on the ground. Just looks like a wooden toy floating just off the surface.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Spoony_Tech

https://nintendoeverything.com/switch-version-of-dragon-quest...

Good news for the Switch but not so much for the 3ds.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

So DQXI for the next...God knows how long...is PS4 and PC exclusive in the West. As I predicted, they aren't bothering with the 3DS release.

As for the Switch release...yeah its not coming out in Japan for at least a year lets be honest.

If you wanna play DQ, you need another system.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

Not surprised in the slightest that PS4 has timed console exclusivity for DQXI, Sony does that a lot nowadays.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano I cant think of what else it has to be.

Square announced the Switch version as the first confirmed game for the system in 2015! Which means they knew UE4 would be fully supported.

UE4 got fully supported in May 2017, but they told us nothing until late 2017 when they said their version of UE4 was outdated compared to the oldest version that supports Switch (So just like if Nintendo uses outdated tech that causes issues, they cant even use new tech it seems!) and some things changed in Blueprints (Coding).

They would have known that since at the LATEST, May 2017. That's assuming Epic and Nintendo at no point gave them an upcoming feature list about the new engine update, like they do to everyone else, which means they likely knew a little bit sooner, probably around March when Epic announced that the upcoming revision would include full Switch support, along with all the changes being made. They do blog posts and notification emails for crying out loud!

But apparently, even now, they are still having issues. We have seen games like Sonic Forces, made on a custom engine that began development long before Switch was even a thing to anyone outside of Nintendo, get released day and date with three other versions. We have seen UE3 games ported, and they aren't even officially supported. We have seen games from GameMaker, an engine only just added, appear like wildfire, instantly. Other custom engines like idTech6 have made the leap in good time.

Yet Square Enix, for some inconceivable reason, is having trouble updating their game to run a newer version of fully supported, fully and openly documented on the internet middleware, due to some changes to the engine, even now, over a year after the engine began seeing games ported to the system, which they likely knew about before we or the wider development community did.

And they started work on this in 2015. And the game isn't coming until 2019 in Japan at the earliest.

Do they have one guy converting the game? Is there just some poor old man locked in an office? What's the hold up. UE4.x that they use is really NOT far from UE4.y that Switch uses as a minimum. Port it over, redo some of the Blueprints, yes I know they are annoying, but it doesn't take that long Square.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

ieatdragonz

Damn it Square Enix, you were one of the first games announced EVER for Switch and you don't even have an estimated timeframe? Thank god Octopath Traveler is coming out soon, or else Square would have almost zero support for the Switch (unless you count the Japanese only games).

I swear though, I hate these types of teases. Its not like I get hyped or anything, but what is the point of stringing along consumers and sites with games like Final Fantasy 15 and now Dragon Quest? Just admit it sooner, or better yet save the announcement for later.

@YummyHappyPills While I do think its an exclusivity deal with Sony for this case, your incompetence theory is also probably right. It shows with the Secret of Mana collection not being localized, and also Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2 not being the best port and not being localized. So far they have given us one retail game in Lost Sphear while Japan has six.

The only games upcoming are an easy port of TWETY for premium price, and thankfully the beautiful exclusive of Octopath.

In my eyes it's them failing to capitalize on a exploding market, so for a big company to do so, it must be incompetence.

Edited on by ieatdragonz

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

Octane

@Grumblevolcano That's not the reason. If Sony had the exclusive rights, they wouldn't be allowed to talk about the Switch version (NDA's and the likes). Square is just an incompetent company when it comes to releasing stuff on time. So I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't even started development yet.

Octane

Blathers

@ieatdragonz I think Square has got Re:Legend lined up for the Switch but it's not announced yet due to it still being in beta.

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

ieatdragonz

@Blathers See, I had heard about that game but somehow missed it was being published by Square Enix. That's good, seems like Square does understand that "child friendly" games need development for the Switch. Dragon Quest Builders (both the original and its sequel) makes perfect sense on the console, but is it wrong for me to want something meatier?

Square is definitely being better than a lot of third party publishers, but even if it has a lot in development, it also has many projects not in development. Only explanation why Dragon Quest 11 would be 2019 or even further. Its like with Capcom, sure I'm happy they are bringing games to the system, but they are being anti-consumer by making half of them download only.

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

kobashi100

Nah I am not buying the Sony timed exclusive conspiracy theories.

Edited on by kobashi100

kobashi100

Ralizah

That's too bad, but, having completed DQVIII recently, I'm not really biting at the bit to play another one so soon.

Shame about the 3DS version, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

@kobashi100 Nor am I, but as I wrote above there are a lot of things pointing at their "excuse" as to why we havent even seen the damn game yet as a little bit disingenuous.

JaxonH

In this case I think it just takes time to port and SE is slow

But you know what? I couldn't care less.

Confirmed for Switch in the west. Say no more. That one sentence just rendered every other version irrelevant to me. It comes when it comes. But now I can safely skip the PS4 version with peace of mind.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic