Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,001 to 26,020 of 69,981

skywake

Therad wrote:

I always find it fascinating when ps4 players are elitists. I can understand the logic behind the PC master race, they have clearly put much effort and money into the hobby. But ps4 owners? Anyone can buy and plug in a console. There is nothing special with it.

I don't think it's even really about money or effort for PC Gaming elitism. It's more about having better options in terms of input and graphical settings if you have the hardware to take advantage of it. There's a reason why the majority of e-sports are on PC and it's not because more people are playing these games on PC.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

gcunit

Gran Turismo Sport uses motion very nicely. FYI.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@Ralizah Well, it's the go-to machine right now, and all the big publishers are completely devoted to making their games as 'edgy' as possible. No fun allowed, only recycled gameplay! And apart from a few of Sony's franchises, there are hardly any games that try something different.

@Anti-Matter When's the last time you tried an 18+ game?

Octane

Octane

@gcunit I didn't know that! Too bad it's basically an always-online game. It was on my radar, but I'm not a fan of being locked to a server.

Octane

JaxonH

Alot of the bigger AAA games are decent fun, it's just to the point of oversaturation.

So with Switch only getting a small percentage of those bigger 3rd party games, it's fine because it's not enough to burn out on.

It's the middle market that I love. Don't get me wrong, there's some AAA game I do like, such as DOOM and Wolfenstein and the like... But most of them are meh. Like, if it came to Switch I'd probably pick it up for more handheld variety (because console variety has many genres oversaturated while handheld is building an army of releases still), but otherwise I really don't have enough interest to care. Like Black Ops 4. If it comes to Switch, sure, I'll give it a go. Just because the versatility of the console enhances the enjoyment and it helps fill out portable FPS variety. But on other consoles... nah. I'll wait for the bargain bin.

Most of the best games are the Valkyria Chronicles and the Dragon Quests and the like. Thankfully those are the ones that will most likely come to Switch.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

kobashi100

Steins; Gate has been announced for Nintendo switch.

Sadly fire pro-wrestling only announced for PS4 this summer. I don't think that game will come

kobashi100

Dogorilla

@toiletduck Not saying your opinion is wrong or anything, but BotW and Splatoon 2 can be played perfectly well in handheld mode with motion controls. It's not like Odyssey where you just waggle the controllers; you move the controller, or the entire system in handheld mode, to aim, which is a lot easier and more precise than just using the right stick imo.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

TOUGHDUDE94

I got a switch now my 3ds just had a broke up over text

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

gcunit

andrew20 wrote:

my 3ds just had a broke up over text

You heartless *******!

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Therad

skywake wrote:

Therad wrote:

I always find it fascinating when ps4 players are elitists. I can understand the logic behind the PC master race, they have clearly put much effort and money into the hobby. But ps4 owners? Anyone can buy and plug in a console. There is nothing special with it.

I don't think it's even really about money or effort for PC Gaming elitism. It's more about having better options in terms of input and graphical settings if you have the hardware to take advantage of it. There's a reason why the majority of e-sports are on PC and it's not because more people are playing these games on PC.

my point was more that I can at least give PC gamers some slack in their elitism since it needs some effort, buying a ps4 doesn't require much effort. Although PC gaming is also pretty low effort nowadays. when I was young...

Therad

Ralizah

@andrew20 Eh, no reason to break it off completely with past portables when you get a new one. Switch is just the newest member of my harem.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

@Octane
"When's the last time you tried an 18+ game? "

Never and WILL NEVER !

Anti-Matter

TOUGHDUDE94

@Ralizah it was a joke

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

EvilLucario

Oh man, now I just realized that having a big selection of games to play on is basically like a harem... now I can't stop laughing at the thought.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@8-Bit_Superman
Yeah.
And that's why i LOST my respect with Sony since PS3 era, NEVER consider Xbox machines as a choice. Both of them are Blegh for me in my honest opinion.

But, Dang it !
I have to buy PS4 with my 9 choosen games (Still rated Everyone until Teen) next week just for The Sims 4 PS4 by Majorly.
Actually i don't want to buy PS4, but i have no choice. The Sims 4 was Very convincing me to buy the console version. Ah, Damn you Sony ! If only EA want to release The Sims 4 for Switch...

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Anti-Matter Yet you call other people pathetic for not embracing certain kinds of games. Pot, kettle, black.

@8-Bit_Superman I recall a post that listed the games by percentage. And the amount of ''family friendly'' games, up to 12+, outnumber the amount of 16+ and 18+ games on PS4 and Xbox. Video game stores often display the games that sell the best, or let's be honest, the games that are heavily promoted (because I'm of the opinion that you can sell anything as long as you know how to market it), and those include the annual shooters and Assassin's Creeds. I'm also certain there's a correlation between age rating, realistic graphics, higher budget, better promotion and likeliness to get a physical release.

Octane

Anti-Matter

@Octane
"Pot, kettle, black."
What was that means ?

" I recall a post that listed the games by percentage. And the amount of ''family friendly'' games, up to 12+, outnumber the amount of 16+ and 18+ games on PS4 and Xbox. "

Really ?
But i found those rated 16+ & 18+ was Too much than Kid friendly games. Even for rated Everyone games on Both PS4 & Xbox 1 were LESS Appealing than Nintendo has (Too much Realistic racing, too much soccer, too much basketball, too much Uninteresting looking kids games).
I even CAN'T find so many titles that really appealing from PS4. I always ended up by Find Almost Nothing and Frowning my faces everytime i browse the PS4 games library from playasia with Strictly filter rated Everyone & Everyone 10+ or PEGI 3 / 7 / 12 or CERO A / B.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Harmonie

@8-Bit_Superman Yeah, the bulk of Nintendo's important, first-party titles are not violent, Mature-rated games, and that's a big deal for someone like me. Even watching people play violent video games makes me feel nauseous.

Nevertheless, I have had every Sony console PS2 and on and haven't really felt like it was a waste. There's still plenty to like. Like PS2 I found the Kingdom Hearts series, along with anime games and the like that I found entertaining. I feel like what is primarily advertised at conferences like E3 I have no interest in, but there's still plenty for me to like. I really think during the bulk of the Wii's lifespan, I played the PS2 more than the Wii.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

JaxonH

Learn to separate a company from a product. I'm not a big Sony fan, but I still buy their products. Tons of people probably aren't big Nintendo fans, but they're all buying Switches because it delivers the goods.

Should never feel emotional about buying a plastic video game machine... nomatter who makes it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic