Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 25,981 to 26,000 of 69,995

Haruki_NLI

Mathematically speaking Ive got another 10-12 months in my 128gb card, since just over 64gbs are used.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Spoony_Tech

I have used about 100 of my 256gb card. Deleted L.A. Noire after finishing it and selling it off. Physical is so nice to have!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

I have 88.5GB free on my 128GB card, because, when I'm done with a game and know I won't be replaying it for a while, I archive it to free up the space. It's nice that the icon still stays on there, though, showing off my "collection" even when those pieces of software aren't occupying space on my system.

@Peek-a-boo DOOM on Switch is preferable if you don't want to be tethered to a TV or you really like the motion controls (both apply to me, thus my disinterest in purchasing it on other platforms). If you're going full dual-stick and don't play games in handheld mode, though, it makes no sense to get it on the Switch if you own literally anything else that can run it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

The new Pokken DLC and update is out now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Ralizah That's the weird thing, now I don't have interest in DOOM at all but why don't they include motion controls in the other versions? Apparently it's not that difficult to implement. And my DS4 has a gyro sensor in it. I guess it works in Gravity Rush, but aiming in any other game is locked down to dual sticks, even though the tech is right there!

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane To be fair, how many PS4 games use the light bar? Or that touchpad? Gyro to them is in the same boat.

Therad

Octane wrote:

@Ralizah That's the weird thing, now I don't have interest in DOOM at all but why don't they include motion controls in the other versions? Apparently it's not that difficult to implement. And my DS4 has a gyro sensor in it. I guess it works in Gravity Rush, but aiming in any other game is locked down to dual sticks, even though the tech is right there!

I also find it really weird. Using motion to fine calibrate your movements are so much better than only dual stick. It is the nearest you can come the precision of a mouse.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is simply a case of not wanting to upset the "hardcore gamers". Motion really got a bad flack in the later Wii days and the Wii U didn't really help. Splatoon showed me you can really have an acceptable level of control on a console without too much auto-aiming.

Therad

Octane

@YummyHappyPills Well, that's the problem. At least the touchpad is used in most games, even though it's often nothing more than a glorified button or a set of buttons. But that's just gimmicky gameplay. Tearaway had you draw on the touchpad for example. But gyro can enhance certain games.

@Therad But if it's optional, it shouldn't be a problem I think. Unless there are people that associate any game with motion controls with the gimmicky Wii games.

Octane

kobashi100

Rumors of football manager touch 2018 being released on switch.

kobashi100

Therad

Octane wrote:

@YummyHappyPills Well, that's the problem. At least the touchpad is used in most games, even though it's often nothing more than a glorified button or a set of buttons. But that's just gimmicky gameplay. Tearaway had you draw on the touchpad for example. But gyro can enhance certain games.

@Therad But if it's optional, it shouldn't be a problem I think. Unless there are people that associate any game with motion controls with the gimmicky Wii games.

I can only agree, it shouldn't be a problem. It isn't a technical issue, so it must be something else.

Therad

Ralizah

@Octane In fairness, they only patched it in after the Nintendo crowd begged for it, and almost no PS4 owners I've met have shown interest in motion controls being patched into their version.

Haruki_NLI

I just realised I have never played a PS4 game that uses motion...or the touchpad outside of the map in Binding of Isaac.

I've never used most of the damn controller.

They could just remove that stuff and put a bigger battery in. That'd be nice.

NaviAndMii

kobashi100 wrote:

Rumors of football manager touch 2018 being released on switch.

Uh oh...that'll be another 1000 hours of my life I'll have to write off if that's true!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Octane

@Ralizah It depends on who you ask I guess. Plenty of people only buy a PS4 (or Xbox) to play FIFA on. Then again, I also know people that turned off motion controls in Zelda before they even started playing the game.

It's weird. I almost want to force everyone to sit down and spend a few hours playing Splatoon with gyro turned on. It takes a while to get used to I guess, but it's vastly superior to aiming with the control sticks.

@YummyHappyPills Try Tearaway, Gravity Rush or Infamous. Unfortunately, that's most of them.

Octane

Therad

subpopz wrote:

I don't find the "PS4 crowd" is very embracing of anything that hasn't been the established norm for the last 3 generations of consoles. Dual analog or nothing. You can often see them slagging on motion and kb/m despite never having even tried them.
Not that everyone who has a PS4 is like that...just seems to be a general thing I often see, though.

I always find it fascinating when ps4 players are elitists. I can understand the logic behind the PC master race, they have clearly put much effort and money into the hobby. But ps4 owners? Anyone can buy and plug in a console. There is nothing special with it.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

toiletduck

Octane wrote:

Then again, I also know people that turned off motion controls in Zelda before they even started playing the game.

It's weird. I almost want to force everyone to sit down and spend a few hours playing Splatoon with gyro turned on. It takes a while to get used to I guess, but it's vastly superior to aiming with the control sticks.

I'm one of those guys. Reason is that when I get used to motion controls, I can't enjoy handheld anymore. It happened with Mario Odyssey; totally unable to play that in handheld now.

Edited on by toiletduck

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Haruki_NLI

@Therad I've been on PushSquare enough to learn how they think.

If it has motion - bad
If its a port of an old game that ISNT on PS4 - bad
If it isn't gritty and full of story - bad
Portable - bad

Ralizah

@Octane Of course it depends, but, in general, the number of Switch users open to gyro controls in DOOM (and with other games, too) is MUCH higher than the number of "hardcore" PS4 owners who the same game. As others have said, the Playstation community is almost religious about sticking with dual analog control methods.

Anti-Matter

@YummyHappyPills
"If it has motion - bad
If its a port of an old game that ISNT on PS4 - bad
If it isn't gritty and full of story - bad
Portable - bad"

Those Sony gamers are Really Pathetic.
I feel pity to them to not embrace the New way of playing.
How horrible to be born as a gamer like that.
That's why i back to Nintendo gamer again.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
"the Playstation community is almost religious about sticking with dual analog control methods.;

I hate those community like that.
I hate their Fanatism.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic