Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 25,941 to 25,960 of 69,964

Therad

JaxonH wrote:

The plot thickens.

Untitled

Stated by Laura before, a person that actually have connections in the industry.

JaxonH wrote:

@KryptoKrunch
Ark wasn't, but who knows when the list was originally compiled, or the last time it was updated.

And this is why it is BS. The person adds stuff when it has been confirmed. To legitimize the list. How did the original list look like?

Therad

Blathers

Untitled

"*Punch-Out!! Meets MadWorld In Pato Box"

The title is just "Pato Box". They just copy pasted titles of articles for their list.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/punch-out_meets_madw...

"*Phoenix Right: Ace Attorney - Guilty Until Innocent"

Why would he post a list of leaks on a image share site like imgur? So he can upload a random image of nothing and confuse everyone with the upload date while editing in the text as things are announced in Directs

Also, bilines for games aren't often thought up until far into the game's development as part of marketing, (See: Kirby Star Allies) the bilines for many of these games are just absurd, (TLoZ: A Link Across Islands) some games appear on the list at least twice, and many titles on that list are worked on by the same development team, (see how many mario, pokemon, zelda, sonic, mii games are all listed) many of which work on one game at a time and don't even think about the next game until their current one is done.

Edited on by Blathers

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

JaxonH

@Therad
That could indeed explain it.

I guess that begs the question though, when did she say something and did she specify "Treasure Trilogy".

I recall her saying a trilogy was coming but not the name. But I wasn't paying very close attention either.

@Blathers
Thank you for digging up the original post.

Unfortunately I can't get that Dropbox image to load on my phone. Maybe someone else can analyse it.

edit
Got it to load. That's a dang good catch. I'd say almost definitive proof against it. If the name Treasure Trilogy was mentioned before that Target listing I think we can close the book on it.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Blathers

Someone posted the list in /v/ a few hours ago and they tore the crap out of it

Fixed the post @JaxonH

Edited on by Blathers

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

Blathers

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/03/15/report-spyro-t...

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.playstationlifestyle.net/20...

The list maker has added pre-existing leaks, speculations, mentions of developer interest, (like Jeff Kaplan saying he likes the Switch) outrageous fan desires, and post-Direct edits to make it all seem legit, but there's holes on all fronts that easily disprove any credibility this list has.

Edited on by Blathers

JaxonH

Should apply for a job at IGN. Seem to have done better work than their own reporters forming conclusions from data driven research. You read articles from sites and you would assume it's been vetted properly...

But you would be assuming wrong.

I know who I'm tagging next time we need to investigate a rumor or leak. Just tag Blathers. He'll dig the truth out lol

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

First rule of the internet: unless there's foolproof proof, assume it's fake.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

Ooh, Fire Emblem Warriors is finally getting video capture support. Bout time. Idk what's taking so long. Better late than never though, just in time for the Awakening DLC.

Read Hori is making a left Joycon with a Dpad also? But doesn't have Bluetooth so only works in handheld mode, and doesn't have motion or HD rumble...

Come on. How hard is it to just make a legit Joycon.

Ralizah

@JaxonH This is good for those of us that don't want to shell out $50 for half a controller when all we want is a workable D-Pad in handheld mode. I don't want my cheap D-Pad alternative joycon to have a bunch of expensive tech in it that isn't relevant to the games that need a D-Pad in the first place.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Ya, but I would prefer to have one controller that serves all purposes.

Basically, would rather it not be a cheap Dpad alternative but a proper Joycon that just so happens to have a Dpad.

I still see it being useful, especially at a lower price, but it means swapping out when needed as opposed to having one permanent joycon

Blathers

@JaxonH Why? Do you like using the joycon grip over a pro controller?

Edited on by Blathers

Ralizah

@JaxonH Eh, I'm OK with that, as my system came with a normal L-Joycon anyway.

Also, they'll sell a lot more of these things since they're less expensive. I wish Nintendo would officially develop a line of low-tech joycon for MP purposes anyway. They'd make a killing, especially once Smash releases.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

JaxonH

@Blathers
Sometimes, but mostly I like using separated joycon in each hand. I use Pro Controller half the time and split joycon half the time, occasionally using the grip for games like Street Fighter.

But I really, really like split joycon.

I leave my joycon attached to the system and use a separate pair, so in theory it would at least help in handheld mode, but... then I give up motion for DOOM and Resident Evil and all these other games.

Edited on by JaxonH

IceClimbers

So they just announced a Smash Bros Switch Invitational and the Splatoon 2 World Championship for E3. The Smash Invitational is the day before their presentation.

Wonder if that means we'll see the game before E3. Smash Direct incoming?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haruki_NLI

Or their presentation is on a Monday for a change.

Or they are doing a Super Mario Maker with a name reveal and gameplay showcase at a tournament before giving details in the presentation afterwards...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

chardir

To me it feels like it's £20 just for a D-pad that I can only use in handheld mode vs £40 for a fully featured joy-con that also happens to have a d-pad.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

JaxonH

@subpopz
Blathers posted the original post exposing it but, confirmation is nice.

Ya know what I hate though, people who troll for kicks. I remember back in the day when deceit and treachery weren't the default state of human beings on the internet. It was never perfect but, it wasn't like it is now.

It gets sugar coated as "trolling". But it's really just intentional lies and deceit. For attention or entertainment or whatever.

It sucks.

Edited on by JaxonH

Blathers

I thought the "leak" by target was also ambiguous, and probably took inspiration from the first "leak" by B4DASS.

Is this wrong? Do we now have solid evidence for the title?

Edited on by Blathers

link3710

@gcunit It's fun to discuss it though! Even if it is obviously fake, some of the game ideas on it were worth discussing.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic