Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 25,881 to 25,900 of 69,981

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I don't believe it, too much of the 1st party list sounds like it was made with that game name generator used to create joke Nintendo leaks. Like the Xenoblade franchise is way too recent for its own Warriors game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@JaxonH My point is that the original is a revered classic on pretty old hardware, and this version makes it look better than most modern gen releases. Combine that with the inherent quality of the original release and you have a really exciting release.

Oh, and there are some absolute howlers on that list.

My favorites:
*Tooka-Laylee
*The Legend of Zelda: A Link Across Islands
*Paper Mario: Sticky Terror

lol

I don't believe half of that for a second, but it'd be pretty incredible if we got even most of those games on Switch.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@JaxonH I've played Tropical Freeze on my Wii U, and it's my favourite Wii U game. However, I have no reason to buy it again when I can just turn on the Wii U and play it. And it's more expensive than the Wii U version too (even at launch). That's why I find it difficult to get excited for the re-releases on Switch. It's not that I don't think they're good games, but I already own them, and they come with a premium price. So it's not for me.

Heck, I bought Okami HD a few months ago! I don't care what platform it's coming to, I'm not going to buy it again

I think the PS3 remaster of Shadow of the Colossus was a bit redundant. I've never played it. But the PS4 remake looks like a new game and it controls a lot better too. It's a game completely rebuilt from scratch (and it was only €40, something worth mentioning I think). It's been almost a decade since I played SOTC, so it was a welcome addition.

A more comparable situation would be if Nintendo took a great N64 or GameCube game (although most of the GameCube games still look pretty decent today) and rebuilt the game from scratch, and sold it for a good price. If it's a game I really like (Ocarina of Time for example), I'd be all over it too!

I'll pick a brand new title over something I've already played any day. So a €60 Tropical Freeze vs a €60 God of War, for example, I'll go with the latter. It's not that I don't like Tropical Freeze, because it is absolutely brilliant, but I find it a waste of money when I can also experience something new. That's my two cents on it anyway.

@subpopz If Nintendo made Ocarina of Time from scratch for the Switch, I doubt a lot of people would complain!

Octane

GrailUK

@JaxonH Dang! Uploaded Feb 4th!?! There is a heck load of stuff just starting to be announced. Blammus!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
All I know is that list showed a dozen games that have been announced since then. Hard to just guess Sonic Mania Plus, Grip, Atari Flashbacks, Banner Saga 1, 2, 3, Undertale, Hyper Light Drifter, 6810 The Moon, Mark of the Ninja Remastered, etc

I mean, it was supposedly datamined and even showed the data it was mined from. It could be a list of every single game Nintendo has on record of having a Switch version, and maybe some of those get canceled or don't end up coming, names get changed, etc.

Star Fox Zero and Guard is on the list. Seems real to me (Who would put that game on a list of games coming except Nintendo themselves lol).

But seriously, if it isn't legit, then how do you explain the two dozen games that were announced after the list went public... I'm not saying 100% it's legit. I'm just saying that needs an explanation, and there is no other explanation I can think of.

It should be noted, however, that IGN postulates Nintendo could use placeholder game names and games they think might end up coming to Switch. Which would feasibly muddy the list's validity.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GrailUK

@JaxonH What's really interesting is, 16 titles on that list were from the Nindie showcase yesterday. Not interspersed amongst 200 random names but the 16 titles were actually consecutive in the list! Weird.

Edited on by GrailUK

Octane

@JaxonH It's a list of 100+ games, and a lot of games are getting ported to the Switch at the moment. The fact that some of it is true is inevitable.

Just look at some of the titles: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker & World Explorer, Pokemon Chemical and Nuclear, Mii Party Switch, Final Fantasy XVI (like when? 2028?), Captain Rainbow HD, Nintendogs: Canine Experiences, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival DX, Skyptendo (just.. what? how?).

And NO new IPs. Because you can't predict them. This person just compiled a list of nearly every game in existence and called it a day. Sounds very fake IMO. And this doesn't explain why Nintendo would already be aware of games like FFXVI coming to Switch, or a sequel to Yooka-Laylee. And they found all of this by datamining the system? Now THAT needs an explanation.

Octane

JaxonH

@GrailUK
Right.

Which lends serious credibility to the list.

Also, there are a number of titles with the year 2020, sports games and such. Which would indicate this is more of a master list of games officially registered with Nintendo way in advance. Or applications filed with Nintendo for release way in advance. Which means a lot of these games could be very early in development. Which means a lot of the names could change. Some of these names might (probably are) just placeholder names.

Assuming it's true, of course. But there's a lot of mounting evidence with the number of games in this list that have since been confirmed.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GrailUK

@JaxonH Ye. Geriatric Kart Racing is probably that Coffin Dodgers game. I would bet money that 1080 Snowboarding is what became of Steep. (Man, you may be on to something!)

JaxonH

@Octane
That's a fair assessment and should be taken under consideration.

That said, The sheer number of games that have been announced from the list just in the 30 days since is astronomically high. More than random statistics should suggest would be.

But Division 2 was a new IP, as is Shadow of the Tomb Raider, as is Grip. Just for starters. I see a heck of a lot of new unannounced games in there too. A truckload, actually.

I recall Beach Buggy Racing 2 was just announced recently. That's a pretty odd game to predict coming. That's one of those games where you wouldn't really guess. There are so many games in the list like that. Games that would just be really hard to guess. And at least 10-15% of the list has already been confirmed in what... 30 days? That's some awful good guessing going on there. Jus sayin.

I'm not taking a 100% stance either way. I let data drive my beliefs. And thus far the data is suggesting this could very well be legitimate. Doesn't mean it for sure is, just means that looking at things through a statistical lens... the data does lend itself to being genuine. Make of that what you will

Edited on by JaxonH

GrailUK

@Octane The list was posted Feb 4th. 16 Nindies that appeared yesterday were in consecutive order. The Garage was only announced by Tiny Build yesterday and there is nothing dated earlier on the internet. I dunno...I am usually sceptical and roll my eyes at stuff like this, but...I couldn't list 200 games and predict the nindie showcase like that.

IceClimbers

Pretty sure that list is fake, or at least partially. Amiibo Festival DX? Come on now.

That being said, Simpsons Hit & Run HD would be beyond hype.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

@JaxonH Grip is a game from 2016. And we've known about Shadow of the Tomb Raider since late 2016.

No idea about The Division 2. I don't follow that game. But it could be a lucky guess. A sequel was inevitable, just stick a 2 behind it. Other games in the Tom Clancy franchise have done that too. From what I can find, media outlets have been talking about 'The Division 2' for a while.

Apart from the Nintendo titles that sound like they came straight out of a fake game generator, I find it hard to believe that Nintendo has a list of this laying around, accessible through their eShop. I can understand a few upcoming games, like what happened in the past, but a list this big? With games that are still years away? (I'm certain even Square Enix isn't aware of FFXVI yet!) I say it's fake.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Maybe they knew about some games (e.g. the Nindies) and the rest of the list is a combination of reasonable predictions and joke games? I mean that's been pretty common with previous leaks, use the joke games to get attention.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Octane @Grumblevolcano
I'm not discounting the possibility that it's fake, I'm only acknowledging the evidence that suggests it's not.

Captain Toad is on the list (that was just revealed), an expanded port of Mario & Luigi which was just announced (again what is the likelihood of guessing this game out of all the possible games), a new Smash not a port (would have been much easier to just say Super Smash Bros for Switch, a safe bet everyone was predicting, would it not?), etc

So again, I acknowledge this is not definitive proof, I acknowledge it's possible that it's fake.

But.

I think it's just important not to neglect the sheer volume of evidence suggesting otherwise.

edit
V-Rally 4... there's another one. And afaIk that wasn't rumored or leaked or anything. Just announced 1 week ago. If we made a list of all the games that have been announced since this went public would probably have over 30 games

Edited on by JaxonH

Octane

It would also be weird if they continued that story arc after decade of no Metroid Prime. A new story (kinda reboot style) makes more sense. Something fresh.

Octane

Octane

@JaxonH Fair, but they called it Captain Toad Treasure Tracker and World Explorer. And we know that isn't true.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
Fair enough. But I noticed a lot of these titles seem like placeholder titles. Which would make sense for an early list of registered games coming.

So that's also, hypothetically, easily explained.

Or it could mean it's completely made up. Hard to say either way, but I wouldn't write it off just because of that.

The only one that makes me actually question the authenticity is Chicken Wiggle: Rehatched. Since that is being kickstarted as we speak. Although it is possible he has filed for an application to release on Switch already, or previously filed. Maybe somebody should ask him.

Edited on by JaxonH

GrailUK

@JaxonH The list mentions Sonic the Hedgehog Movie! Of course there's going to be a game for it, but it was still mentioned a good 20 days before an announcement.

It's false though because of Earthbound Collection. There is no way I am going to allow myself to believe this is a thing only to be let down. O.<

JaxonH

@GrailUK

Victor Vran and Shining Resonance Refrain were also both announced after this went public. Even that new Sonic Racing game.

I keep finding more and more games. Games that fall in the "nearly impossible to guess or predict" category.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic