Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 25,861 to 25,880 of 69,964

EvilLucario

Gonna buy Ys VIII and play the heck out of it. I feel like I'm gonna love that so much.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

@Syndrome OH NO, NOO! I've been hearing that game is having a ton of problems right now not just on consoles.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Ralizah

This will be my first Y's game, and my second Falcom game after the PSP version of Trails in the Sky: FC.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Syndrome

@Captain_Toad Really? If that's the case i hope that by the time this releases they've fixed most of them.

Syndrome

IceClimbers

@YummyHappyPills Good release date for that game. June is looking solid: BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, Sushi Strikers, Mario Tennis Aces, and Ys VIII. Not bad at all.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Right now the games I'm planning on getting is looking like:
March - Kirby Star Allies (already out but getting later)
April - Nothing
May - DKC Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition
June - Mario Tennis Aces
July - Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Octopath Traveler
TBA 2018 - Smash, Yoshi, Fire Emblem
TBA - Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Pokemon

I have such a large backlog from last year that I may skip a lot of 3rd party stuff I want.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@IceClimbers God, I forgot about SNK Heroines!

There's too much stuff to play.

link3710

@Spoony_Tech Ark: Survival Evolved is coming? That's right up there with the Doom port for "games I never expected on Switch"

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition confirmed to be 1080p/60fps in docked mode (it's out now in Japan).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KryptoniteKrunch

@Ralizah

Yup. May-July is gonna be stacked. I'll be getting all of those games you listed + Street Fighter and Owlboy(physical version).

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

JaxonH

Ark Survival Evolved? On Switch?

Holy moly... Now that's hype. Seriously, that's hype.

Tons of grear fighting games piling up too.

Ultra Street Fighter II
Street Fighter Collection
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle
SNK Heroines
Blade Strangers
Fantasy Strike
Super Smash Bros
Neo Geo fighters up the wazoo

Also on the topic of PS4, it's a viable platform and as such is going to get some good games from time to time, just like Switch. Difference is, when Shadow of the Colossus releases (a game which released on the last 3 Sony consoles in a row) it's heralded as a groundbreaking must have, while games like DKC Tropical Freeze release (a game which has only appeared on one previous console and is every bit as good if not better imo) they're brushed to the side as "games we've already played" and thus aren't exciting at all.

Bayonetta 2 is every bit as hype as God of War, in fact it you ask me, I haven't seen one snippet of GoW gameplay to get me excited, and the game was never as good as Bayonetta in the first place. But because it has a massive budget behind it people are hyping it up, because big budgets get hyped. Bayonetta 2 is a ported game but to anyone without a Wii U (ie 90% of gamers out there Nintendo is trying to draw in) it should have been just as hype. But it's not as big budget and thus doesn't get the hype. Regardless of how many dozens of perfect scores it received. GoW may very well turn out to be a gem, but I have no evidence to convince me of that as of yet. Which is why it's barely registered on my radar. Not looking for another Naugty Dog styled game. I would have been excited had it followed the Bayo action style of previous games but, it's being rebooted into goodness knows what. We'll see though. I have it preordered so, I'll see for myself soon enough.

And that's not to downplay PS4 (or X1), it's to up- play Switch. Alot of Switch games get swept under the rug while anything with a marketing campaign on PS4 gets the royal treatment. Graphics and budgets sell games. But Switch has a killer lineup these first 6 months- Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2, Kirby, Hyrule Warriors, DKC Tropical Freeze, Dark Souls, Y's VIII, Mario Tennis Aces, Captain Toad, Octopath Traveller, South Park, Okami HD...

That's a freaking mind boggling lineup imo. Some highly praised, top shelf games in that spread for sure. Most all of which are the first ever handheld version (it was exciting just getting a 3DS/Vita version in past years, how much more exciting is it getting first ever handheld entries in HD included with the full console versions).

More credit should be given to how many great games are coming to Switch, and with such high release density. Imagine how poor and starved the library would be without the sweet back catalog of greatest hits? That's the juice there. We'd be sorely deprived without all these excellent games being compiled onto Switch, which if it wasn't justification enough just being great games consolidated onto a current platform, the fact they're all portable seals the deal.

I couldn't be happier. The only ones who are constantly comparing to other consoles, pointing fingers saying "uh, you see, a good game released and Switch didn't get it! Oop, there's another one!" are focusing on the wrong thing. As long as Switch is getting plenty of great games (which it is), is selling well to ensure support continues (which it is)... who cares about the rest. Basically, there's plenty to be happy for without trying to nitpick everything you're not getting (although I take no shame in saying I'd like every game on Switch, it's perfectly normal to see other platforms get good games too- if they weren't getting good games too I'd be questioning their futures)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

LuckyLand

What do you guys think are the chances to get a D&D Chronicles of Mystara port on Switch? I have it on Steam and I would love to have it on Switch too.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

GrailUK

@LuckyLand It feels like Capcom are slowly coming around to Switch. Anything that came out on the WiiU will probably end up on the Switch eventually. We might even see Disney Afternoon Collection and DMCHD Collection one day...maybe...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

JaxonH

Ok, I have to post this.

About a month ago a date a miner found a list of about 200 games supposedly coming to Switch. When it was first shared most people didn't pay it any attention but since that time at least a dozen games have been announced and confirmed from the list, including Sonic Mania Plus, Mark of the Ninja Remastered, Undertale, and Division 2 (which has not been announced for switch but was announced after this list went public).

So there is some serious credibility to be given here.

Take a look. If it's correct, it shows the 2 new Pokémon Switch games and 2 remakes, Overwatch, Division 2, Fortnite, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, even Monster Hunter World. And notice Fire Emblem Mutiny is on the list... I know we've heard that name from a previous leak before.

Of course some of these could be announced and released after the other versions (which is often the case with Switch versions of games, especially since a lot of them were already well under development by the time they decided to make a Switch version)

https://m.imgur.com/E8AltM9

@subpopz
I get the hype, for me at least! I love Shadow of the Colossus. It's one of my favorite games, and I never got to play the PS3 version. But I agree on a macro scale. I just think Switch games, in general, deserve a lot more credit and hype than they are given.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

You can't really compare full-priced ports of decent last-gen games to an affordably priced and utterly gorgeous remake of one of Playstation's most enduring classics.

Imagine if Nintendo took Super Mario 64, fixed up the controls, made it look at least as good as Mario Odyssey, and dropped it on Switch for $39.99. It'd be COLOSSAL.

The SotC remake is a lot like that, I think.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Price is a fair argument.

But I don't think $20 accounts for the difference between being one of the most hyped up games ever and something quickly swept under the rug, especially when the $60 Bayonetta included the first game free (and was really only $50). Of course it didn't need to be remade because the game just released a few years ago on similar powered hardware. It looks as good as it can already, same for DKC.

edit
I also don't think it's even remotely similar to Mario 64. The original SotC didn't even sell a million units out of 150 million consoles afaIk

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic