Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 25,821 to 25,840 of 49,663

JaxonH

Luigi's Mansion 3

To provide some perspective, the previous Luigi Mansion game sold as much as MH World has but on a single platform.

Ya.

Nintendo has some big selling games.

You can bet Luigi's Mansion will make an appearance. Can't say for sure it'll be Next Level Games but, it's coming. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something announced this E3. Along with Retro's shiny new game, which is sure to be a treat.

PLAYING
NS: Xenoblade, Bioshock, Borderlands 2, XCOM 2, Shantae Seven Sirens, Bug Fables
PC: Gears Tactics

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020
NS: Paper Mario Origami King, Trails of Cold Steel 3, Bravely Default II
PC: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

Metroid Prime 4: Federation Force 2

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

Something great, as they often do when working on a Nintendo project (which, is now all their projects).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

NaviAndMii

@Scrummer I'd love it if they brought Mario Strikers back! I had many a fun, beer-fuelled evening playing Charged on the Wii with my friend (who isn't even a football fan) - climbing through the global leaderboards and generally just having a blast! (..we even managed to briefly get to #1 in the daily global rankings, which felt pretty sweet!)

Football - with a healthy sprinkling of Mario craziness! ..what's not to like?!

They took the 'beautiful game' and made a BEAUTIFUL game So underrated - I'm a massive football addict, but I'd take Strikers over FIFA any day...just so much more fun to play!

Yep, that'd be my #1 choice!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

ūüéģ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Peek-a-boo

Thanks for the replies guys; too many folks to reply back to individually, but it seems that the general consensus with regards to my good and bad points are the same-ish.

I spent a shy over five years with my 3DS and Wii U (I was actually playing the latter during the week before I spontaneously bought a Switch) and the sheer lack of character, charm and community spirit (Miiverse) was the first thing that stood out to me. It was certainly a chilly reception for me...

And yet it is hard not to like the Switch itself - it feels comfortable, is a good form factor, has four shoulder buttons, a surprisingly effective HD rumble, is able to be played/used in three unique ways, a decent sized screen and is an appealing item to hold, use and look at, unlike the 3DS and Wii U.

It’s definitely one of the most thoughtful pieces of hardware that Nintendo has put together.

The issues with battery life (and the time it takes to charge up), occasionally fiddlesome JoyCons and a lack of themes are all acknowledged; here’s hoping they start with the latter and try to find a way to improve the former two in their inevitable hardware refresh.

@Octane I finally started Breath of the Wild the other day and... all I can say is that it is a rather interesting beginning!

And when I say ‚Äėinteresting‚Äô, I mean dying to the first enemy I see (a Moblin?) and finding the world to be organically playable. To be able to climb just about anywhere is a very welcome surprise after being restricted to certain places to naturally climb in the likes of Horizon Zero Dawn.

I am not quite sure about those shrines though. Let‚Äôs hope they are significantly more challenging as the game goes on. That ‚Äėold man‚Äô is definitely the King of Hyrule, ha ha!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

IceClimbers

Yeah I'd like to see a new Mario Strikers or Luigi's Mansion 3 personally.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo The first three shrines on the plateau are mainly there to introduce you to the few abilities that you'll make use of throughout the rest of the game.

And yes, there are a large number of systems at play in BotW that allow you to freely interact with your environment in a number of interesting ways (or, in the case of rain, which I guarantee you'll soon come to hate, have that freedom temporarily restricted). The climbing is great, too, even if it does seem like Link must have been bitten by a radioactive spider.

Edited on by Ralizah

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Yeah, the game does some interesting stuff. I loved the Great Plateau. The shrines get a little more difficult later on, but don't expect the puzzles to be on par with something you would expect in The Witness.

Climbing is fun at first, but you can easily 'break' the game, since you can literally avoid anything by climbing around it once you upgrade your stamina meter.

Octane

bluemage1989

Mario Strikers oh wow that would be awesome!!

bluemage1989

JHDK

Points system is almost live!

Switch Friend Code: 5258-4283-7999

JHDK

I think it's a good system they have in place. 5% for digital purchases is fair. I would have liked to see the same for physical but I can understand why they want people to buy digital since it is most cost effective for them.

JHDK

I want this server maintenance to finish up so I can check out how this works. I have 1572 gold points and I've grown awful tired of staring at them in that silly jar on the My Nintendo site. Time to get a "free" game from my wish list!

Spoony_Tech

Looks like it's time to redeem those games I've been saving. Too bad I pulled the trigger on about 4 or 5 of them already.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Finally! When this goes live, I'll be downloading Detention. <3

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

JaxonH

I'm bummed. Just watched Karak's Fear Effect Sedna review and... it falls flat. Shame, really.

Guess it's back to waiting on DKC Tropical Freeze and Dark Souls.

PLAYING
NS: Xenoblade, Bioshock, Borderlands 2, XCOM 2, Shantae Seven Sirens, Bug Fables
PC: Gears Tactics

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020
NS: Paper Mario Origami King, Trails of Cold Steel 3, Bravely Default II
PC: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Spoony_Tech

I wonder how many have been holding off buying games? My son just had a birthday and he has bought like 4 games off the shop. I couldn't hold him off if I wanted to lol.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

IceClimbers

With Rocket League's new patch the game is up to 7.5GB now.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

The maintenance should be finished in around 90 minutes.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bluemage1989

Is any Switch game on the eshop eligible for a discount??

bluemage1989

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic