Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 25,441 to 25,460 of 69,981

Luna_110

July will absolutely murder my wallet. I want both Captain Toad and Octopath, and both look wonderful.

Though, this was a bit more focused on third parties... So it means E3 will have plenty of first party projects. Its gonna be insane!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Don't forget Sushi Striker in June.

@Dev This Direct didn't really give anything concrete past July. Willing to bet Yoshi will be an August game with it's title and date revealed at E3. Probably alongside some Wii U port lol

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

shadow-wolf

Did anyone see the rumors for Retro's game based on an updated employee resume? Apparently the employee described the game as having "world building and non-linear storytelling." Here's the link to the Switch reddit where they discussed it: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/82u5en/retro...

My hunch is that this could be Nintendo's answer to traditional single-player AAA games like Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc. Something a bit more realistic with a heavy emphasis on a good story. This would definitely be interesting to look out for

shadow-wolf

EvilLucario

Non-traditional storytelling sounds great. I'd love to see Nintendo's own spin on storytelling. Retro knows what they're doing with both lore (Metroid Prime) and gameplay (both Metroid and Donkey Kong), I can trust them with such a game.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko no Tatsujin got announced! I’m done, been waiting on that for months. Time for some OT.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Scrummer

So here are the months where the big games have already been announced (+ Predictions for future months)
February: Bayonetta 1 + 2
March: Kirby: Star Allies
April: Nintendo Labo
May: Hyrule Warriors
June: Mario Tennis Aces
July: Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
August: Yoshi or an E3 announcement
September: Smash maybe?
October: An E3 announcement
November: Either Pokemon or Smash
December: E3 announcement

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Lroy

@Scrummer Imagine FIRE EMBLEM Switch is likely to be a 'tent-pole' Q4 2018 release.

Plus, Capcom's STREET FIGHTER COLLECTION and MEGA MAN releases will be significant for a certain audience.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Spoony_Tech

Zuljaras wrote:

I am dissapointed that the Diablo 3 rumour was NOT confirmed ;(

As was I. I'm not big on Smash and was hoping for another AAA 3rd announcement.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

EDIT: For anyone who is curious, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is probably going to cost $39.99 on Switch. Same for Crash. Based on the placeholder prices online retailers are giving them.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Late

I decided to watch the Japanese Direct since they showed some games that weren't in our Direct. NL has articles for Taiko Drum and Phantasy Star Online but they also showed SaGa: Scarlet Grace. That's one more Square Enix game for the Switch.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

BigBadJohn

Now that they’ve teased Smash Bros I wonder what the big E3 reveal will be?

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

TuVictus

E3's major reveal, I'm guessing as of now, is Metroid Prime 4, even if it's just a trailer with no gameplay

TuVictus

NaviAndMii

JaxonH wrote:

@NaviAndMii
With motion controls, with touch screen support...

Capcom righting the wrongs of their lack of faith. Doing us nice and proper

Aren't they just! Gosh, Okami HD looked glorious! ..and the motion/touchscreen controls looked very smartly implemented too! ..one of many highlights in that Direct (so many, in fact, that by the end I had briefly forgotten about the Okami reveal - now that the dust has settled though, I have to say that that was one of the real gems! Absolutely stunning! Great news!)

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Octane

BigBadJohn wrote:

Now that they’ve teased Smash Bros I wonder what the big E3 reveal will be?

Pikmin 4 of course.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Perhaps 'confirmed' was a bit much. They're up for pre-order for that amount on Amazon and Gamestop. Placeholder prices, to my knowledge, pretty much never go up, so it's reasonably certain that they'll cost $39.99.

And, of course, the placeholder prices for DKC:TF outed the $59.99 price tag long before it was officially confirmed by Nintendo.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic