Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,741 to 24,760 of 35,698

JaxonH

@EvilLucario
Yes I meant Aces.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna, Super Mario Party
N3DS:
PS4pro/PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

rallydefault

@OorWullie
Yea, a good Mario tennis game is gonna be awesome. I've always loved stylized, arcadey sports and racing games. People will put hundreds of hours into stuff like Final Fantasy and Xenoblade: I put hundreds of hours into Mario Tennis and NBA Playgrounds lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

OorWullie

@rallydefault Yep I'm the same. Rocket League is that game for me just now, I can't get enough of of it. 150 hours I've put in so far and I'm enjoying it more now than ever. Add a quality tennis game into the mix and I don't know how I'll find time to play anything else.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Octane

Apparently Smash and NSMBU are rumoured ports for the Switch, both coming this year as well.

Octane

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@Octane Ya, I saw that along with a few other things. It's just stuff we'd already heard before. Seeing Emily Rogers name being mentioned again. She'd previously said this:

"I'm going to be brutally honest with you.

Nintendo's strategy with 2018 is to rely on third party stuff + ports of older games.

They believe that's enough to hold them over until 2019 when they bring out the big guns. (Metroid, etc)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-there-a-january-nintendo-...

She reportedly said something about NSMBU but can't find a quote.

This guy over on Resetera is meant to be in the know:

Heard from a source that bandai namco is indeed making MP4

Smash 4 switch deluxe port is happening this year

And also NSMB U + port is actually a thing that's also happening lol

Year of ports baby qqq

https://www.resetera.com/threads/switch-rumor-archive-read-po...

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

FragRed

@Octane I'm not sure I feel there's a need to port New Super Mario Brothers U, especially with 3 2D platform games already coming this year. Each game in the New franchise just got worse and more stale, that's my personal opinion though.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Octane

@FragRed I feel the same way, but it's for all the people who didn't own a Wii U

Octane

Harmonie

Octane wrote:

Apparently Smash and NSMBU are rumoured ports for the Switch, both coming this year as well.

Ugh. Why did I even ask for the Switch. It's turning out to be even more of a Wii U port machine every single day. It's so pathetic.

NSMBU being ported to the Switch is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. That game was already so port-like that when I got it for free with my Wii U, I popped it in one time and couldn't even play it it was so boring.

Oh well, I don't think a new NSMB would be exciting either but at least it wouldn't be another lazy port. I mean this is a lazy port of a lazy port-like entry. I have no words.

My Switch is going to collect so much dust this year I might not even be able to find it under the dust.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

FragRed

@Octane I hope Nintendo isn't going to focus too strongly on ports this year, because as it stands there's not a whole load of good stuff coming from them first party wise and I don't think relying on third party is going to work out well.

I realise most people never owned or knew of the Wii U so for them it's acceptable, it's just a crap game compared to previous entries. Again my opinion.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Octane

@Harmonie Well, keep in mind, it's just a NeoGAF rumour, or whatever they're called these days.

Octane

OorWullie

They couldn't call it NSMBU anyway, what would the U stand for? Perhaps ONSMB, Old New Super Mario Bros.

I really don't think they will release that anyway . I do think we're getting a 2D Mario this year though but not of the 'New' kind. A brand new style of 2D Mario for the big Xmas title. It won't just be ports, Tennis and Labo.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Harmonie

@Octane I hope to god that it is just a made-up rumor. Enough ports. Does Nintendo really have so little new to show that they have to keep releasing ports? The Switch isn't impressing me even one bit.

Harmonie

Octane

@OorWullie I don't think Pokemon or Metroid are going to be 2018 titles, so I hope they've got a surprise left for us at E3. Something big.

As for a new 2D Mario game. Maybe, but they'd need to overhaul the looks I think. The sterile NSMB style is quite boring and uninspiring. The 2D sections on Mario Odyssey looked better than any other 2D Mario game I've played in years!

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Still, who needs that game when you can have Super Mario Maker instead? Even on Wii U, Super Mario Maker made NSMBU kind of pointless.

Of course Smash was an obvious pick for Switch port this year given a new game wouldn't have been ready until like 2020/2021 judging by the past which is way too late in the Switch's lifecycle so a Wii U port followed by no Smash 5 would make the most sense.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Azooooz

I'd rather wait 2-3 years for new Super Smash Bros. for Switch. I want something new rather than old experience.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@Grumblevolcano The reason Super Mario Maker probably isn't being mentioned yet is because the Switch doesn't have Miiverse or any equivalent service. That was a big part of the game. Nintendo have no shame, they've no problem churning out ports of minimal effort but charging maximum price. People have to vote with their wallets to have any affect. Surely Nintendo can put out a Miiverse successor when they start charging for online.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Knuckles-Fajita

Er guys.

Why do yall keep forgetting Fire Emblem is a 2018 game

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

Harmonie

@Azooooz SAME. Especially if we're actually seriously thinking that port of SSB4 will actually push a new Smash Bros out of existence for the Switch. People who didn't play the Wii U version of the SSB4 version can do without. It was THEIR choice. But of course, Nintendo does not care about Wii U owners. So we just get to see port after port of our favorite franchises because it will make Nintendo easy money.

I'm just glad there is no Animal Crossing to port from the Wii U. Nintendo will actually have to gasp make a new entry for the franchise for the Switch.

I guess I'm just old-fashioned, expecting new games on a new console.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

NaviAndMii

I'd pick up NSMBU in a heartbeat! ..a game like that would just fit the 'Play Anywhere, Any time with Anyone' concept so well - the ability to slide off a Joy-Con, hand it to a friend and have some quick co-op platforming fun would be just ideal

So far, the best on-the-go multiplayer game I've found is Overcooked - which is lots of fun (and isn't split-screen, so is less of a strain on our ageing eyes!) ..and I just feel that a full-screen co-op platformer would be the perfect accompaniment I'm hoping that DK:TF might fill that little void for me - but NSMBU is perhaps a little more accessible and would also offer 4 player on-the-go co-op as well, so if a port were to be announced, it'd be very appealing to me! (..as would Mario Maker, of course!)

I know that we're already getting a healthy amount of platformers this year, but I wouldn't complain if they dropped a 2D Mario (of any flavour) as well - especially if it'd offer something a bit different (4 player/level creation) from the others

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Knuckles-Fajita

Untitled

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic