Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,741 to 24,760 of 69,964

Grumblevolcano

Burnout Paradise Remastered has been announced but it's only PS4, XB1 and PC (no Switch version).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

@Matthew010 I reckon Ubisoft are making it a 1080 crossover since their last crossover did so well.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Matthew010

@GrailUK Wasn't born when 1080 was around, but many people say it's incredible. I wouldn'tbe surprised if there was some sort of Nintendo crossover.

Matthew010

Octane

But that was like five years ago! At least it feels like it was...

Octane

RobertAGamer

I hear a lot of people stating that the Nintendo Switch's OS [ start up screen before any app or game is loaded ] is empty and boring. Ironically it's really not as empty as it seems in fact compared to the Wii U the Switch actually gives you a lot more options with what you can do within your Nintendo Switch's OS. [ You had to exit a game to change any account settings on Wii U which didn't have the best load times ] They may had taken out the background music but I believe that it saves power and reduced the loading time. I can see where you are coming form if you miss internet browser and Youtube app and such, even though half of the time people would talk about how bad they were and even go as far as saying they would rather not have them on the consoles because they have phones and laptops that do the same thing and better for a lower price. What do you guys think, is the Switch os a subtraction or is it an improvement?

Edited on by RobertAGamer

RobertAGamer

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I don't think anyone should be surprised by this. I don't think EA cares about the Switch, apart from perhaps something like another FIFA game and maybe the odd EA Originals.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

TuVictus

That'd be quite a late port, but I'd be down

TuVictus

Ralizah

@RobertAGamer The UI is one of my favorite things about the system. Simple, clean, and very responsive. It's wonderful.

Compare to the slow, cluttered mess that is the PS4's UI. Or the even slower Wii U's UI.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Grumblevolcano

@RobertAGamer Compare to the 3DS and you'll understand why people think the Switch UI is empty and boring. On 3DS there's themes, badges and folders which allows you to customize your console a lot.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

antster1983

A couple of Kadokawa Games titles coming to Nintendo Switch courtesy of NIS America...

"God Wars" coming west in the autumn:

"The Lost Child", previously only announced for PS4 and PSVita also confirmed for Switch. Coming out this summer.

https://nintendoeverything.com/el-shaddai-directors-new-game-...

Both titles' limited edition sets are available for pre-order from NIS America's online store. Not on the European store yet though.

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

RobertAGamer

@Grumblevolcano I like that the Switch keeps only the important futures and doesn't include extra features that could potential reduce load times and performance. You don't actually need a themes, badges, and folders to enjoy your Switch. You just need a fast responsive os that lets you do what you need to do without extra things clogging up your time and system resources. With that said Nintendo should in the future add an option to turn on and off folders along with themes. With all of these being optional to turn off and on.

RobertAGamer

antster1983

We can expect more indie titles to get physical with the opening of Super Rare Games, a UK based publisher who aim to bring an eShop title to the Switch each month in print runs limited to 5,000 copies available only from their website at a fixed price of £29.99 plus shipping (or local equivalents in Euro or USD), along with even more limited editions containing extra goodies.

Their first title will be Human: Fall Flat, which will be released on 9th March. 500 limited edition copies will also include the game's soundtrack on vinyl. All copies will have a trading card, with a random 125 copies having cards signed by the game's developer.

A further two titles are in the pipeline, but they are holding their cards close to the their chests as they only intend to announce these games a couple of weeks prior to release.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-02-20-super-rare-...

Edited on by antster1983

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Hmm, was kinda hoping we'd get the burnout remake. Oh well, let me know when you want my money EA.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Spoony_Tech

As long as the Ridge Racer rumors are true I can live without it.

Yes I know they are different styles of racing games.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

'Owlboy' Creator Explains 'Zelda' Influence and Move to Nintendo Switch

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/owlboy-creator-...

Untitled

The Mummy Demastered has been updated with a smoother frame rate, shorter load times, and re-balanced death mechanic! Switch version adds all new HD Rumble!

This update includes:

• Initial load time has been drastically reduced.
  • HD Rumble added to Nintendo Switch version
  • Revamped the death mechanic:
    > Health Packs regained from Undead Agents default to full
    > Weapons Regained from Undead Agents have more ammo
    > Undead Agents health more fairly balanced, based on number of Health Packs they are holding
  • Health drops are more fairly balanced
  • Spawn Frequency of Bats, Ravens, and Spiders re-balanced
  • HP of all bosses has been re-balanced
  • Game performance greatly increased

Try out all these great new updates NOW!

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Ralizah

NaviAndMii wrote:

I just found it really infuriating that the game would give me full control for all of the mundane sections - but whenever anything cool happened, they'd take control away from me!

Yeah, that's also my biggest complaint about ND's games. They relegate the busywork to the players, but never give them enough agency to do anything that might muss with the game's precious pacing, especially in crucial sequences.

While I don't agree that the Uncharted games require little in the way of interaction (they do during gunfights and puzzle sections), I would agree that they're cinematic to the point where they feel like they're constantly railroading the player in certain directions all the time, which is incredibly unappealing.

I liked UC4, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Grumblevolcano

I guess I was wrong to think that big 3rd party support was improving because of the Switch's success.

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

Never liked Uncharted, and have never played one I didn't lose interest in. And I've played most, even the one on Vita.

Being Sony's top franchise, it's kinda why I never cared much for their games. God of War was always decent, never great, Killzone and Resistance were meh... only in recent years have they finally started making some games that truly excite me. Shadow of the Colossus, Horizon and The Last of Us are all great games. More of that, less of the rest.

Anyways, I got the new Skull & Co Gripcase for Switch, and it's amazing. SUPER comfortable, still docks (It's a tight fit but it does fit) and the case is the PERFECT case I've been looking for that can house both a Switch + GPD Win 2 (or Switch + New 3DS XL if you prefer).

Skull & Co Switch Gripcase https://imgur.com/gallery/6fjDA

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic