Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,741 to 24,760 of 26,083

SLIGEACH_EIRE

R.B.I. Baseball 18 Announced, Coming To PlayStation 4, Xbox One And Nintendo Switch

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/01/21/r-b-i-baseball-18-anno...

I've no time for Baseball myself personally, I'd rather watch paint dry. But another one is coming out. The 2017 version on Switch got slaughtered.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/r_b_i_bas...

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

LuckyLand

@rallydefault
"The other "fact" that you may be referring to (given that you used the plural of the word) is the part about "choosing the hardware that best fits the game" (loosely paraphrased from the article). Yea. That part's garbage. And if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell ya."

Of course they are talking about when the game started development.
They didn't plan a Switch version back then because they didn't even know what a Switch would have been four years later and that's ok, so how possibly could be not ok that they did not think the Switch would have been a good fit BECAUSE OF THE SAME REASON???
The fact that they did not even know what a Switch would have been four years later, you know...

And don't tell me that they should port it now it would be like creating an almost new game and by the time it would be ready people would perceive it like an old game not worth their time.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

FragRed

To be fair, anyone who ever thought Monster Hunter World would ever come to the Switch really needs to take a step back and take a deep breath. This is a game designed for the PS4 and Xbox One and began development at a time the Switch didn't even exist. Then remember the Switch is not powerful enough to be able to run such a game without so much in downgrades it would just be pointless.

Then again, you should also remember that this is Capcom and even if the Switch sold tens of millions more they would still shrug it off and throw the odd cheap to port game here and there.

FragRed

EvilLucario

I personally wouldn't use Monster Hunter World as an example, but I'm sure behind-the-scenes there's some business deals that sort out that exclusivity junk if it's not up to the developers.

Microsoft did it a lot last generation (DLC packs with CoD as an example), Sony's doing it a lot this generation (Destiny DLC as an example). It doesn't really matter, just support the games you want.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

MH World devs wrote:

โ€œWe donโ€™t have any plans for the Switch at the moment. Part of the reason is that the title has been in development for almost 4 years. At the time we had to commit to our hardware choices, we decided on using the most powerful current generation consoles available at the time, which was PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. So [the decision was made] before the Switch was even announced or on sale."

One word: DOOM.

This post was sponsored by id Tech 6 - not all engines are built equal, some are built better!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

๐ŸŽฎ SNES ๐ŸŽฎ N64 ๐ŸŽฎ GB ๐ŸŽฎ GG ๐ŸŽฎ PC ๐ŸŽฎ PS2 ๐ŸŽฎ GC ๐ŸŽฎ PSP ๐ŸŽฎ Wii ๐ŸŽฎ X360 ๐ŸŽฎ PS4 ๐ŸŽฎ MDC ๐ŸŽฎ NSW ๐ŸŽฎ

Currently Playing (Online): Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 61, CB: A, RM: A, SZ: A, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCatโ˜…

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

Therad

Paying Capcom to not put a game on the switch would be a breach of antitrust laws.

They started development when they had Xbox one, ps4 and Wii u to consider. Dropping Wii u is one less platform to develop for, and it had less engine support than the competition. It is a logical choice, not a malice one.

Therad

FragRed

@Therad Exactly. What people should be asking is not why World wasn't ported to the Switch but whether there will ever be a Monster Hunter game on the Switch in the future. Personally I think if this game is successful, then Capcom will continue down this route instead.

FragRed

Shellcore

I think we will see Monster Hunter on the Switch in the future. Just not this one and that's okay.

Scrummer

That's pretty cool for anyone who hasn't played the original SteamWorld Dig yet, but I actually managed to snag it for free from origin, so I probably won't pick it up on Switch.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

OorWullie

It's good to see Oxenfree at number 1 on the UK Eshop charts. I bought it when it was on sale on the US Eshop, I think it made it as high as 5th or 6th there which is still good. I'm not sure if it ever made the top 15 when it was released but I doubt it. I bet they're making more money from it now than they ever did,even with the 75% off. It's not just extra profits though it's earning them though. With more people having played the game and now aware of the developer behind it, if they enjoyed the game then they are more likely to pick up the next one they make. NBA Playgrounds also reached number 1 in the UK during its 50%off sale. Hopefully some other indies will see this and think the same instead of just offering 10 to 20% off months after their game released and failed to make the charts.

Edited on by OorWullie

Switch Profile name - Mr Mustard

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

YummyHappyPills

Nintendo Switch eShop UK Sales Charts as of January 22nd

1: Oxenfree (75% OFF)
2: Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
3: Stardew Valley
4: Arcade Archives: Vs. Super Mario Bros.
5: The Escapists 2 (NEW)
6: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
7: NBA Playgrounds Enhanced Edition
8: Rocket League
9: Super Meat Boy (NEW)
10: Darkest Dungeon (NEW)
11: Super Mario Odyssey
12: Sonic Mania
13: Enter The Gungeon
14: Snipperclips: Cut It Out, Together!
15: 1-2 Switch

Make of that what you will, regular contenders in the same spots as usual, with some indies filling in new slots, and 1-2 Switch refusing death.

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Twitter: @BritishPlaying

#NL Inklings Playlist: http://bit.ly/2DRgKFL

NL Inklings Discord: https://discord.gg/zTBBRRX

Twitch: http://bit.ly/2DO17vr

YouTube: http://bit.ly/2rArTSd

Grumblevolcano

It'll be interesting to see if Nintendo follows up the Direct Mini and Labo announcement with even more Switch news on Thursday.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RETRO_J

Well, as no one's posted the retail charts on here and NL have yet to cover it, I thought I'd oblige. So many surprises on this list!

TOP 20 NINTENDO SWITCH, WEEK ENDING 20 January 2018

LW TW Title Developer Label Publisher

1 1 MARIO KART 8 DELUXE NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
2 2 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD NINTENDO NINTENDO
3 3 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
4 4 SPLATOON 2 NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
5 5 1-2 SWITCH NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
6 6 MARIO + RABBIDS KINGDOM BATTLE UBISOFT (FRANCE) UBISOFT UBISOFT
12 7 JUST DANCE 2018 UBISOFT (FRANCE) UBISOFT UBISOFT
10 8 RAYMAN LEGENDS: DEFINITIVE EDITION UBISOFT (FRANCE)
8 9 FIFA 18 EA CANADA EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
9 10 POKKEN TOURNAMENT DX NAMCO NINTENDO NINTENDO
7 11 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM BETHESDA BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
13 12 SONIC FORCES SONIC TEAM SEGA SEGA
16 13 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 TRAVELLER'S TALES WARNER INTERACTIVE
14 14 LEGO WORLDS TRAVELLER'S TALES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
15 15 XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 MONOLITH SOFTWARE NINTENDO NINTENDO
17 16 ARMS NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
16 17 LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER TRAVELLER'S TALES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
11 18 L.A. NOIRE VIRTUOS ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
20 19 SNIPPERCLIPS PLUS: CUT IT OUT, TOGETHER! SFB GAMES NINTENDO
18 20 THE LEGO NINJAGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME TRAVELLER'S TALES WARNER BROS.

Still, it's interesting to see titles like FIFA being a lot more evergreen than many initially thought. It would be great to get some sales figures for this title and LA Noire to gauge how much support we can likely expect from EA and Rockstar in the coming years.

Edited on by RETRO_J

RETRO_J

gcunit

@RETRO_J Where's this chart from? Is it a weekly chart, or total sales since Switch launch, something else? Which territory?

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Rocket League; Splatoon 2; Super Mario Odyssey; Xenoblade Chronicles; Fire Emblem; Suikoden; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; Gravity Rush; Ratchet & Clank; Red Faction: Guerilla; Fez; FIFA 18

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

RETRO_J

@gcunit It's a weekly chart (Week ending 20th January as stated above). As this is a UK site, I didn't feel the need to post the territory but yes, it's from the UK.

RETRO_J

gcunit

@RETRO_J @Shellcore Thanks.

1-2 Switch doing surprisingly well. Poor suckas.

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Rocket League; Splatoon 2; Super Mario Odyssey; Xenoblade Chronicles; Fire Emblem; Suikoden; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; Gravity Rush; Ratchet & Clank; Red Faction: Guerilla; Fez; FIFA 18

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

Grumblevolcano

Mario Kart 8 (comparing Wii U and Switch) continues to be proof that release timing of games are just as important as the games themselves.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic