Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,601 to 24,620 of 69,964

IceClimbers

@Spoony_Tech Agreed. I still haven't bought all of the games I wanted from last year, yet alone played them.

Luckily the schedule through May is relatively light on games I'm interested in picking up right off the bat... or at least major games.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

I think it's a possibility that Nintendo saves the Direct for the end of March (i.e. 28th/29th). 20 million Switch sales in the next fiscal year is easier when big announcements come right at the end of the current fiscal year so they may just settle with something like announcing Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition for April and the usual promotion of stuff like indies, Kirby and DLC via social media for the rest of March.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SLIGEACH_EIRE

New Game Announcement from SWERY - "The Missing"

It'll be published by Arc System Works in the West and he says it'll "blow your mind". No clear release date other than a vague 2018.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I have been wondering if there will be an indies Direct prior to the next big games Direct, like they did 2 last year. That's a good way of generating some hype and interest around the Switch.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

gcunit

I find the current variety in the UK eshop chart quite pleasing. Only a snapshot, but it does help indicate that all types of game are welcome:

Untitled

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

Wow!

Bayonetta on Switch is a dream! It looks and plays just as good, maybe even better than Wii U, all in the palm of your hand.

Seriously, this is a dream come true. I remember playing this game on Wii U, and playing on the gamepad and thinking how awesome it would be to have the real full game on an actual handheld in high definition... and here we are.

This game is a masterpiece. Straight up masterpiece. Another notch in the ol' Switcheroo belt.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

Nintendo Switch UK eShop Charts - February 17th 2018

1: Bayonetta (NEW)
2: Rocket League
3: Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
4: Stardew Valley
5: Celeste
6: FIFA 18
7: Golf Story
8: Oxenfree
9: Overcooked: Special Edition
10: Enter The Gungeon
11: Arcade Archives: VS. Super Mario Bros.
12: Worms W.M.D
13: Human Fall Flat
14: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
15: Dragon Quest Builders

Usual suspects. Interesting to see Bayonetta 2 isn't charting, BUT I suspect that is largely due to Bayonetta 1 being digital only here, and people getting it not only on it's own, but with physical copies.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ieatdragonz

@gcunit I love the diversity, but really wish that Super Mario Bros arcade was replaced with something else. Its been plus top ten in the us for months :/

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
Um...
Little bit question about Different Region E-Shop account.
If i want to create Europe & Japan account, what country should i choose ?
For Europe, should i choose England ?
For Japan, should i choose Tokyo or any Japan city that has ZERO Tax ?
What is yours ?

Anti-Matter

OorWullie

@gcunit I was thinking the same thing just a couple of hours ago. It's strange that Bayonetta 1 has made it to the top while the sequel is nowhere to be seen. Other than Minecraft and DQ Builders which are kind of similar no 2 games in the top 15 are even remotely similar to each other.

Glad to see Oxenfree start to slide down the charts. Nothing against the game, I own it and look forward to eventually playing it, but it was surprising to see it hold onto 1st for so long considering it's 75% discount ended 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'm guessing it generated a lot of new sales at its full price on the strength of it being top of the charts . Fair play to the developer though, it looks like the massive discount worked out brilliantly for them.

I have to say, by Eshop standards the screenshots for The Long Reach are pretty gruesome, in a pixelated sort of way. One is the aftermath of a very bloody murder or suicide in a supermarket and another is, what looks like a scientist hanging from a noose.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

OorWullie

@YummyHappyPills I wouldn't have thought the Bayonetta 1 download codes would count as Eshop sales but looking at the current chart, I think you might be right. It would certainly explain why it's reached the top so quick with the sequel nowhere to be seen. I'd imagine the majority of folk that buys one will take advantage of the discount on the other. It's a pretty hefty chunk of storage to lose buying both digitally though. If that is the case then that the Bayonetta 1 download codes count as an Eshop sale, it's likely Bayo 1 will always be ahead of 2 in the charts.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
Yes, UK and Japan. You will need to create a separate Nintendo Account for each region first, and each of those accounts will require a new email. I use my jaxoneurope and jaxonjapan @example.com so that I can easily remember.

You don't need an address.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills @OorWullie Why wouldn't the download codes count? You did essentially buy the first game when getting the second, it's just you bought the second in a physical format. The download code just tells the store you own that game now, kinda like a transfer of money across to the store when you buy one of the eShop gift cards. Plus Bayonetta reaching top of the charts is a good bit of marketing as people who see the game may well be more likely to buy it, and thus get the second too.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

grizzgolf

My switch will be here Monday. I don't think I've been this pumped since the Wii first came out.

grizzgolf

JaxonH

Bayo 2 was actually ahead of Bayo 1 in the US charts, at least last night.

Now Bayonetta is in #4 spot and Bayonetta 2 is #5. That's really good for a full AAA title just a day after release. Bayo1 can be explained with digital inclusion of physical but Bayo2 is right behind it.

Also, DQ Builders is #11 which makes me happy. I'd like to see it higher but, at least it's charted. That's about what Resident Evil Revelations did in the chart and it's sold 250k already. Maybe DQ Builders can do even more... we'll see.

$61.99 Green/Pink Joycons
Neon Green/Pink Joycon Set

$61.99 Yellow Joycons
Neon Yellow Joycon Set

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH That's not surprising, some of the US Bayonetta 1 codes with the physical versions were faulty.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Ya I heard. I think it's only codes that start with a certain four letters though so it's probably a small percentage. I was reading on Reddit and most people responding said their code worked fine.

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH Interesting that Bayo 2 went to the charts for you.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Azooooz

I don't know what Switch games Nintendo is making for next year aside from Metroid Prime 4, but I'm absolutely certain that Mario and Sonic at Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games will be shown either this E3 or next year's January.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic