Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,481 to 24,500 of 69,983

Grumblevolcano

@Dogorilla To add onto this, Bayonetta 3 was probably only announced at the Game Awards to avoid more of the "Switch is only a Wii U port machine" discussion and Fire Emblem Switch was probably only announced in the Fire Emblem Direct to allow a more positive reaction for Heroes and Shadows of Valentia.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NaviAndMii

@JaxonH Yeah, I totally agree - just a line or two can go a long way!

Stardew Valley (Switch) had a few teething problems when it first dropped - but the devs quickly took to Twitter to reassure fans that they were investigating the issues - then again to confirm that they'd identified the problems and that they'd patch 'em up ASAP...no further information was required (although they did go above and beyond by detailing the specific problems/fixes on Reddit before the patch dropped) it was just nice to hear that they were listening, aware and working towards a solution (which followed quite promptly)

It's quite frustrating in this day and age that other studios can't take a minute or two out of their day to keep fans up to date - particularly when it comes to post-release patches and addressing the concerns of disgruntled customers!

Like you, I also appreciated hearing that MP4 and a Pokemon RPG were coming to Switch - those announcements were little more than a minor tease as to what lies 'beyond the horizon' - but it was just enough to plant a little 'hype seed' a year or two (or more!) in advance...and, as minimal as it was, I definitely appreciated the info ..especially with Pokemon - would've been typical of Game Freak to come up with some wishy-washy excuse as to why Pokemon 'wouldn't be a great fit' for Switch!

A little bit of communication can go a long, long way - I wish more companies would realise the power of (even minimal) PR!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

With the announcement of the new amiibo, stage, and weapons for Splatoon 2 I encourage everyone who owns a Switch to consider purchasing it. It's gotten new content every week for free since launch.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

bluemage1989

Have a dumb question if anyone can help. Are the Switch eshop cards the same as the WiiU ones?? Or is there specific ones for Switch??

bluemage1989

Grumblevolcano

@bluemage1989 Yes, all eshop cards work on Switch. Only Wii Points cards don't.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

A Hat in Time is officially not coming to Switch. The official Twitter account later replied to that announcement by saying its sold 10x the crowdfunding so they are good.

People are saying its because the Switch doesnt have official Unreal 3 support and that it really should...but UE3 has been legacy for years. Epic werent going to build that.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

OorWullie

According to Eurogamer MP4 is actually being developed by Bandai Namco Japan and not Singapore. The latter are working on an unannounced game.So Ridge Racer 8 then.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Dogorilla

YummyHappyPills wrote:

A Hat in Time is officially not coming to Switch. The official Twitter account later replied to that announcement by saying its sold 10x the crowdfunding so they are good.

That's a shame, especially as they describe it as a spiritual successor to Super Mario Sunshine and a 'GameCube love letter'. I thought I remembered them hinting at it coming to Switch but I guess that didn't work out.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Captain_Toad

@YummyHappyPills Concering Odyssey and Cuphead was at the same month, it's pretty surprising. What about calling Panic Button?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Octane

@Dogorilla You can't claim your own game to be a spiritual successor to something

Anyway, from what I've seen of it, it's more like Banjo-Kazooie than Sunshine, but it's very much its own thing.

Octane

Luna_110

Well, considering Rocket League is in Unreal 3 and it has some issues from what I’ve heard, maybe they couldn’t get Hat in Time running well on Switch...

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

jtmnm

I just found out Zone of the Enders 2 is being remastered and is being released on Steam and PS4 (with VR support). Anyone think we'll see it ported over to the Switch?

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

EvilLucario

@OorWullie I have absolutely no faith in that Namco Bandai rumor. I don't see them as the lead developers at all.

Grunt work is possible, but for lead developers I don't buy it.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@YummyHappyPills That's too bad. Not really surprising, though, given past tweets from the dev (they're surprisingly mouthy on social media) and the UE3 issue.

Oh well, my backlog is long enough as is. I'll just ignore it until I see it going for $5 in a Steam sale or humble bundle somewhere down the line and impulse buy it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah Dare I ask how "Mouthy" they are?

MsJubilee

Captain_Toad wrote:

YummyHappyPills Concering Odyssey and Cuphead was at the same month, it's pretty surprising. What about calling Panic Button?

I don't think the developers have the resources to contract another team to port the game. Especially a port that may or may not be worth it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah Ah. The PR nightmare. To be blunt I think responding in such crass ways is not the way to go about it, especially when it leads to people making misconceptions about Switch and UE3, forgetting UE3 has been legacy since 2014.

kkslider5552000

I'm not angry a company wouldn't port a game, but at least right now, it's hard to look at that as a good business decision. Especially when it would be porting a several year old card game.

If I was making a Hearthstone competitor, I'd be looking into porting at this very second btw. In general, this is great news for people porting to Switch tbh, since it means less competition.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic