Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,461 to 24,480 of 69,983

Ralizah

@JaxonH Glad we got official confirmation that Ys VIII is pretty much a straight port of the superior PS4 version. Based on the trailer footage, it doesn't look downgraded at all, either.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Ya it looks legit. NIS serving up only the freshest plate of goods.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Here's the video of NIS's Press Event.

NISA Press Event 2018

Much of it we've already known but we do get some new trailers. NIS are heavily supporting the Switch.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Koei Tecmo “readily available to make titles available on Switch” with its own IPs or outside IPs

Koei Tecmo President Hisashi Koinuma:

“I believe that the Switch was well-received and became popular because it’s really suited for the modern lifestyle, not only in Japan, but the US and also European countries as well. So we are readily available to make titles available on Switch, and either our own IPs or some other company’s IPs. I feel we’ve been working on making the titles available on Switch much faster than the other publishers. If there is any need or wishes to be played on Switch, then definitely, we will work on that.”

https://nintendoeverything.com/koei-tecmo-readily-available-t...
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/koei-tecmo-still-wants-a-st...

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

darkfenrir

Hopefully they'll import Ar Nosurge or Ar Tonelico remakes for Switch, since they owned Gust now. But I think that's too huge of a wish ;_;

darkfenrir

electrolite77

@JaxonH

That's great news about Doom. I've really enjoyed playing the Switch port but a fix to the audio issue is very welcome.

Panic Button are building themselves a very healthy future too. As Switch continues to sell, being known as experts on the format won't do them any harm at all. They can be the Bluepoint of the Switch world.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

IceClimbers

Wonder if we'll see Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge get a remaster/re-release on PS4/XB1/Switch/PC.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Pazzo-TheFool

Maybe Square will port some Deus Ex games over too.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

JaxonH

Nintendo has always been the outlier. They're never ground zero for 3rd party games- they usually only get select games from series known to sell to the fanbase.

But Switch is doing well to buck that trend. It still won't ever offer everything or even close to everything but, anything it gets will be much appreciated on my end. My whole life I've dreamed about a powerful handheld that got all the best games on it. Switch even goes one step further being a hybrid... no... tribrid (that tabletop with removable controllers is the most under appreciated feature on the system).

I used to be totally ok with no 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles. Figured what's the point. There's no reason to buy them. They're better on other consoles so, who cares. That's why Wii U was such an enjoyable console. Aside from the exclusives I didn't have much interest in anything else.

But now that has completely changed. I want it all on Switch. I may still want certain games on other consoles too, but at the very least I want a Switch version on the side. And in most cases I'd just rather have the Switch version period.

Once Switch gets Dragon Quest XI, Valkyria Chronicles 4, SMTV, a new Monster Hunter, Dark Souls, Bayonetta 3... what else do I want on Switch really bad... Final Fantasy, either the FF7 Remake or FFX or FFXII. Not too interested in seeing FFXV. It would be great and all, but I'd rather see those others.

Anyways, if/when Switch has all those games I will be utterly satisfied. As for 1st party, they're already bringing the goods. Zelda and Mario already out and 2 of the best games ever, Splatoon 2 and Mario Rabbids are already out, Xenoblade 2 is already out and one of the best JRPG's I ever played. Fire Emblem coming and Metroid Prime 4 and console Pokemon on the way. DKC Tropical Freeze, the best 2D platformer I ever played is on the way.

Just need a new F-Zero.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I'd say 3rd party support for Nintendo home consoles was good on the Gamecube and pre-N64. The way Switch is going so far, it'll probably reach Gamecube levels of 3rd party support by the end of the year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

Gamecube started strong IIRC, and then went south.

Switch is starting south and building up. Makes a nice change

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

GrailUK

Good news! RCMADIAX received a big fat NO from Nintendo. Sounds like he was a tad stroppy about it.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

NEStalgia

@link3710 that's interesting i hadn't realized it was a new engine. It looked and felt like anvil. Ubis obsession with new engines for half their games has to be half their problems.

I'm assuming crew was the same only because the driving had most of the same issues. Which is bad because driving was Universally hated in dogs, and crew is a game featuring only the driving....

@gcunit you're kidding, right? I played the "proper" ps4 version. It's not a bad game by any stretch but it's missing is heart and soul, and most of it feels like a paint by numbers design in spite of it's ambition. I hear 2 improved a lot, but i haven't opened it yet. It wasn't bad but it was decidedly average.

NEStalgia

bluemage1989

@Caldorosso-E

We did see some Deus Ex action on WiiU so it's possible. Mankind Divided was I dunno don't get me wrong I liked a lot of things about it the story was good great great atmosphere and the whole apartheid inspired world felt real and believable to me I just found it a bit boring gameplay wise by the end

bluemage1989

GrailUK

Wow, The Final Station from NIS looks amazing! Really strong Elevator Action vibe from it (and I loved that game!)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

NaviAndMii

JaxonH wrote:

DOOM patch is real.

I thought they'd forgotten about it and left it as a cheap cash in with no post support. GLAD that is not the case. It's a great port but a few technical issues prevent it from being as good as it should be. It's a relatively minor thing to hold such a great game back that it would've been a true shame had they not put in the minimal effort needed to fix these issues that remain.

Good job Bethesda. And with the recent resolution increase with Rocket League, I can't help but wonder if they will be able to do the same for DOOM. If not then at the very least perhaps they can incorporate what they've learned into Wolfenstein 2

Still don't know why Bethesda/Panic Button couldn't just drop a 'we're working on a patch' tweet to reassure fans before hand **grumble grumble** ..but, still, great news nonetheless - I'd been putting off buying DOOM until I'd heard that the issues were going to be fixed, so it's just jumped (just behind Mario Odyssey) to the top of my backlog!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@NaviAndMii
Ya, the inexplicable secrecy seems to work against so many companies.

Which is why I appreciate the hat tipping of Metroid Prime 4 and Pokémon and Fire Emblem and Bayonetta 3.

Four extremely high profile titles, none of which even have an official logo, half don't even have official titles and none have revealed anything more than "in development".

And I see so many people complain about that, like "uh blah blah, didn't even show us any gameplay" but the way I see it is gameplay wasn't ready to be shown, or maybe it was but they just weren't ready to show it yet. And normally games that they are not ready to show yet they don't tell us about but I really appreciate them telling us about all of these games. It's nice knowing that they are coming, knowing they are in development, not having to have debates every several weeks on fansites with people who insist the games will never be announced.

Just letting people know hey, we are working on this... that's all it takes sometimes.

Octane

@JaxonH Oh yeah, it's definitely good to know about those games. I mean, I know we'll have to wait till E3 until we know more about the rest of this year's line-up, but I do wish we get to know about it sooner. Just to have something to look forward to.

I think the main issue people had with Pokemon and Metroid Prime 4 was how they chose to reveal the games. Two ''now in development'' games following each other up in their big E3 Direct, without any footage, not even a small teaser. It was a bit lame IMO, but I'm glad we know those games exist and are coming at some point.

Octane

Dogorilla

I think the only reason they announced Pokémon Switch and Metroid Prime 4 when they did is to avoid backlash. When Ultra Sun/Moon was revealed a lot of people were annoyed that Game Freak was releasing a rehashed version of Sun/Moon 'instead of' making a new game for Switch, so Nintendo mentioned that there's a Switch version in the works to calm those people down. Also, if Metroid Prime 4 hadn't been revealed at E3, I think the reception to Samus Returns would have been much more negative for the same reason: people would be annoyed that they were remaking an old Metroid game on 3DS instead of working on a new one for Switch.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic