Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,401 to 24,420 of 69,991

JaxonH

I have 2,000 plus gold coins. Don't really care about their value dropping. I'll make plenty more in the years to come.

I saved all my physical games too, so I can register them all after March. I'm gonna have a crap load of coins, especially after adding in 60 some odd physical games, even if they aren't worth much each.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

RR529

Do you have to do anything special before games store to an SD card, or should it be automatic?

I bought a 125 GB (117 GB free space) card a couple months ago, but after buying Zero Gunner 2 (my first digital purchase since inserting the card), my free space is still at 117 GB.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

OorWullie

@RR529 It's automatic. Zero Gunner 2- only takes up around 300mb so it hasn't even tickled your 117gb.

Thinking about buying Disc Jam. Reviews for the PS4 version are mixed but most of the negatives are about the lack of modes and options. The actual gameplay though is supposed to be really good. I've just read that the Switch version comes with a huge update to the game included. There is a new character, new games modes including Ranked League with the ability to form teams and Ghost Arcade where you can take on AI offline. Best of all though, it has crossplay with PC players so finding an opponent online shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully the devs will continue to build on it from here as like I said, the base game is supposed to be really good.

I think I'll probably wait for a review to see how easy it is to find opponents online.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Spoony_Tech

Correct me if I'm wrong but should I register all my retail games before this goes live? Seems like I will get more now then later.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Spoony_Tech They've said to wait until the new system starts before registering physical games. Someone posted an image earlier, it said under the current system a $60 physical game will net you coins worth $0.16 but if you wait they will be worth a whopping $0.60.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Octane

@Spoony_Tech No, you should wait. You get about five times as many points I believe.

Octane

Spoony_Tech

@OorWullie @Octane Grear, I started registering about 4 of my available 7 games. At least my brother has the other 3 I haven't registered as of yet. I was thinking 1% was going to be worse then current.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Xyphon22

Is it possible to get rid of the news feed updates from other regions? I made Japan and Europe accounts in order to access their eShops, but now most of my news feed is in Japanese, and I keep getting confused by European ones. There was one today telling of a big sale, and I was wondering why some of the games weren't showing up on sale in the eShop before I realized the news item was from Europe.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Inertiacreep

Xyphon22 wrote:

Is it possible to get rid of the news feed updates from other regions? I made Japan and Europe accounts in order to access their eShops, but now most of my news feed is in Japanese, and I keep getting confused by European ones. There was one today telling of a big sale, and I was wondering why some of the games weren't showing up on sale in the eShop before I realized the news item was from Europe.

I would like to know this as well.. been so annoyed with nothing but Japanese news feed

Inertiacreep

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
No no no. Better than the current. Currently you get like 50 coins for a full game purchase (digitally) and you will soon get 300 coins for that same purchase (digitally). Probably divide by 5 if you are talking physical.

The only thing that could possibly be better is if you are into the coupons they are offering. I think you'd get a better deal than just straight cash back you can put towards a purchase but the downside is it has to be one of their hand-picked preselected titles for the 3DS or Wii U. Something most people just don't care about because they own the games already and/or they just don't want games on old systems anymore, they want them on Switch.

I have a truckload of physical games I'm going to register come March. They're not worth much compared to digital but, at least it's something and at least we can put it towards purchases of games we actually want on a system we actually want them on.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

So I'll have around £4 to spend with the new system, it's not amazing but it's better than how I thought things were going to work (i.e. lots of expired gold coins due to Switch rewards not happening until the paid online service went live).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Scrummer

Maybe once this goes live Nintendo will let you convert all your old points. Like if you have 100 points you got from digital purchases, you'll have 500 points after the update.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Grumblevolcano

@Scrummer If that was the case why would Nintendo warn everyone not to register their games before the My Nintendo update?

On another note, next week is very busy on the Nintendo front. Would be the perfect time for a Direct on either the 14th or 15th (there have been Directs on Valentines Day before).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OorWullie

If it is indeed Bandai Namco Singapore that are working on MP4 then that Ridge Racer 8 Switch exclusive listing must be true as well.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

FragRed

@OorWullie You spelled RRIIIDGE RAAACER!!!!!! wrong That would be an awesome E3 reveal though. We need more arcade racers.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

People need to stop treating Fe like it's an EA game and therefore a bad thing. It's only published by EA through their Originals label. The game itself is developed by a small indie team whom are also developing Flipping Death for the Switch, so I have total faith in their efforts.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Ralizah

Fe is looking good. Performance-wise, at least. I'll wait for impressions before buying, though, as I'm not much into games that are atmospheric and you just walk around chirping at other creatures. I had my fill of that with the dreadful Journey, thanks.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I read this earlier but wasn't sure whether to post it or not as it doesn't say a whole lot and there's no direct quotes but WCCFTech are a respectable site and I seen another prominent site post it so why not.

Nintendo To Put A Lot Of Resources Into The Nintendo Switch Online Service; Announcement Will Be Worth The Wait

https://wccftech.com/resources-nintendo-switch-online/

Edit: Sorry, there are quotes. Page 2, question 2 below:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180209e.pdf

Q2. This is a question about Nintendo Switch Online. The official start of service has been significantly delayed, so has anything changed during this extended development period? Also, how do you plan to popularize the service?

Tatsumi Kimishima (President and Representative Director):

"We view the online service as one component of our efforts to diversify how our games are played and to get people to play more of our games. That is why we want to apply substantial resources to the online service, with the thinking that we will devote our energies to making this a for-pay service.

As for how we plan to popularize the service, it is less about the mechanism and more a question of what kinds of products we can offer, and the spread of the service will depend on whether consumers want what we offer. Please give us a bit more time to announce more details about the service. I think that announcement will convey to you how we plan to popularize the service."

Takahashi:

"We have some ideas about how to make Nintendo Switch Online appealing when it becomes a for-pay service, so I think our next announcement will be worth the wait."

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic