Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,381 to 24,400 of 24,775

bluemage1989

@DarthNocturnal

Same but at this rate well probably have GameCube VC sometime round 2022

Currently playing Mario Odyssey, Arms and F Zero.

Grumblevolcano

My view about VC is pretty much only be concerned about whether it exists or not if it doesn't appear whenever Nintendo decides to properly reveal the paid online subscription. Nintendo gains nothing by revealing it before then.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
You can switch characters in Hyrule Warriors Legends just like FE Warriors, right? I don't think I could do without that feature going forward. Of course, FE Warriors also let you command units, which was even better.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Switching characters and commanding units were both in Legends.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kimyonaakuma

@JaxonH Yeah you can switch characters in Legends and direct them to keeps.
The gameplay video from the Direct shows the character select screen which suggests that this feature is carried over (There are four character slots near the bottom of the screen I think...)

Edit - I didn't know that there was already a reply, I was checking the video again to be sure

Edited on by Kimyonaakuma

I usually write WAAAAY TOO MUCH!
...so I'll apologise now in advance.

Caldorosso-E

Looks like a full year. INSERT CLEVER WALLET MEME

I missed out on DKCTF, but I'm a Kong fam, so that'll be one.

@Grumblevolcano

Hi, I'm "Kid" Icarus Fanbase. I. Am. Desparate.

@YummyHappyPills
Be my guest, man.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

GrailUK

Oh my word this looks amazing! Squadron 51 coming to Switch.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

bluemage1989

Tropical Freeze is for sure Top 5 platformers of all time (Super Mario World, Super Mario 3 All Stars version, Mario Odyssey, Banjo Tooie I think are better but that's a debate for another day!!) But the best of what is an incredible series with so many great memories. I won't be buying again as I always have it on WiiU if I fancy playing but highly recommend to anyone who hasn't played it yet.

Currently playing Mario Odyssey, Arms and F Zero.

Grumblevolcano

Another advantage of Wii U ports on Switch is the save data situation. If your Wii U or external hard drive dies you lose your save data forever whereas if Switch gets cloud saves you won't lose your save data if your Switch dies or your microSD card gets corrupted. Very helpful for games like Hyrule Warriors which has content that'll last you hundreds of gameplay hours.

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I never finished Bayonetta 2 because the save corrupted and it would crash the whole system so that's the reason I'm double dipping on the Switch.

FragRed

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Another advantage of Wii U ports on Switch is the save data situation. If your Wii U or external hard drive dies you lose your save data forever whereas if Switch gets cloud saves you won't lose your save data if your Switch dies or your microSD card gets corrupted. Very helpful for games like Hyrule Warriors which has content that'll last you hundreds of gameplay hours.

Eh, really ?
How scary to imagine my Wii U Internal drive can dies by aging someday.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Grumblevolcano You can make back-up saves on the Wii U. You can't on the Switch (yet?). Cloud saves are just an expensive alternative

Useful, but not worth paying for if you can make your own back-up files IMO.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane If your Wii U dies the backed up save files won't work with your replacement Wii U though. Also what if all the devices you back up your save files break or get corrupted?

Grumblevolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Well, if my Wii U breaks, my laptop hard-drive fails, and the USB stick fails, all at the same time, then yes, I'm out of luck.

Octane

zitpig

"...And even if there were, we couldn't tell you about them."

Edited on by zitpig

zitpig

Scrummer

It's really is kind of strange how Netflix went from "We have the app up and running, we need the OK from Nintendo" to "Yeah, we're not doing this."

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

YummyHappyPills

Seems like Netflix has subscribed to the Capcom/EA school of "We will support it" one week, then not the next, and then back again.

It does need to be mentioned though, there is a HUGE logistical issue with apps like these - Europe.

28 countries. Each with their own stations. Each with their own native shows, production companies, licenses to work out.

That's part of why TVii never came to Europe. It was too costly and too much of a mess tuning it for every country, their licenses for shows and so on.

Remember, Netflix does have significant regional variance in shows. Some are only in the UK, some are only in the US, and so on. I imagine the licenses would all have to be renegotiated...to include a new platform.

People will chirp up and say I'm wrong and no nothing. Nothing hurt a little speculation now, did it?

Edited on by YummyHappyPills

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Twitter: @BritishPlaying

gcunit

@Scrummer Surely the answer is obvious, not strange. Maybe they didn't get the o.k. and so it's been dropped. Simple as.

Edited on by gcunit

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Rocket League; Splatoon 2; Super Mario Odyssey; Xenoblade Chronicles; Fire Emblem; Suikoden; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; Gravity Rush; Ratchet & Clank; Red Faction: Guerilla; Fez; FIFA 18

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

toiletduck

Since I have a lot of Netflix enabled devices already (laptops and smartphone portable, TV, STB and PS4 in home), I couldn't care less if it would never come to Switch. It leaves more time to focus on what the Switch is meant for: gaming.

toiletduck

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic