Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,381 to 24,400 of 32,448

bluemage1989

@NaviAndMii

I was a littlq disappointed with Fractured But Whole. It just seemed to lose momentum half way through. One of those few games I think would he better shorter.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, Battle Chasers: Nightwar and Arms.

WiiU: Mario Party 10.

N64: Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini.

Xbox One: Assassins Creed: Unity.

DanteSolablood

@NaviAndMii @IceClimbers Hope for South Park, expect Assassin's Creed Rebellion (their mobile project).

I actually wouldn't mind a new IP tailored for the Switch - though that's pretty unlikely.

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

FragRed

@IceClimbers I had assumed it was a bit too good to be true. Why would a Ubisoft developer know anything about what Nintendo is to announce?

ENGAGE VG NEWS & REVIEWS SITE LAUNCHING SOON: www.engagevg.com

Snadertjuh

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/20180118/index.html

What will this be?

Any Japanese translator here?

Edit: Got a teaser from Nintendo Holland. Tonight at 23.00 (Dutch time) they will announce something. An interactive experience for young and old.

Edited on by Snadertjuh

From Holland, SW-8284-9406-5119

chardir

Google translate says: "New play" using Nintendo Switch will be introduced on this page.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Currently playing: Snake Pass, Fast RMX, Splatoon 2, ARMS

chardir

Snadertjuh wrote:

An interactive experience for young and old.

Sounds like 1-2 Switch DLC...

Inertiacreep

@Snadertjuh well,

apparently Mario tennis was internet explosion inducing according to him... so its probably going to be Dr. Mario 2 or some crap and it will be a total meltdown.

Inertiacreep

Knuckles-Fajita

I have one concern with this announcement.

If we aim squarely at non-gamers with whatever this "New way to play" is...I am very afraid Nintendo could end up down a Wii-like line of accessories that floods and confuses the brand again.

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

zitpig

An interactive experience? Maybe like that quiz/question thing on Wii many years ago, where the world was asked daily questions like "Which is better cats or dogs?"

zitpig

gcunit

@zitpig Nah man, that's what Splatfests are for nowadays.

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Runner 3; Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; FIFA 18; Owlboy

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills I think it's pretty clear that Nintendo never let go of that dream to capture that market. They have the core gamers on board so now they will focus their own games entirely on the Wii market while leaving it up to whatever third party support the Switch gets to cater to the rest.

Knuckles-Fajita

@FragRed I swear if that happens there will be outcry.

It's a Nintendo console. You cant leave catering to core gamers down to third parties. That's asinine.

Things were going so well...

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Therad

Can it be that toys-to-life space game ubisoft (I think) announced last year?

Therad

chardir

@Therad Hopefully not. That's already announced and multi-platform.

Octane

@FragRed Metroid Prime 4 cancelled, 3-4 Switch confirmed

Maybe some Wii Sport/Wii Music type game? Don't know what else could appeal to ''everyone''. Just don't get your hopes up.

Anyway, it does confirm there was something more coming today, something Emily Rogers hinted at.

Octane

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills I hope that's not what they end up doing either, but after that recent interview I get this worrying feeling that Nintendo are going to focus on the Wii market, and if that proves successful enough then that will give them all the reasons they need to continue focusing on that particular market. They will still publish some core games like Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4.

FragRed

@Octane Metroid Prime: Return of Funky Kong calling it now

FragRed

@Octane That will require an entire E3 presentation with a month hype build up beforehand

Snadertjuh

Last week a mini-direct (11-1), tonight/tomorrow a 'new play' announcement (18-1), next week another mini direct (25-1)? And subsequently a full direct (1-2)?
Nintendo has big plans for 2018. These succesive announcements each week could fill the 'january game gap'. I really do like all this news of the Switch. Nintendo wants it to be a succes!

From Holland, SW-8284-9406-5119

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic