Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,381 to 24,400 of 35,768

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills But how many of those are still active? And I mean recently had a brand new release, not a re-release.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

FragRed

@GameOtaku I dont count Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or any other licensed games because there's no way they'll ever be coming back through Konami.

GameOtaku

@FragRed
Yugioh the card game is still widely popular and games sell well. A lot of wasted opportunities.

Maybe Saban brands will put out a power rangers game collection on switch to celebrate their anniversary!

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Grumblevolcano

We're looking at the wrong support here. We're seeing it increasingly often now, for the most part 3rd parties want to focus their Switch support on what they think the Nintendo fanbase would want. Look at Square Enix's support for example, their Switch focus is original exclusive JRPGs and remasters of old games which were exclusive to Nintendo consoles. You probably won't see stuff like Tomb Raider or Hitman appear on Switch.

Sure, there's exceptions like EA releasing FIFA or Bethesda releasing DOOM but it's not common.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GameOtaku

@Grumblevolcano
I can see konami reviving its franchises they are incredibly popular especially with older gamers who remember good games instead of the crap they have recently. Castlevania Netflix was a hit, Bomberman sold well, seems fairly lucrative to me.

GameOtaku

OorWullie

Well there was that rumour Konami are bringing the Wiiware Rebirth games to Switch, Castlevania, Contra and Gradius and are developing a 4th title in the series. I found Castlevania and Contra to be quite good and I'll likely buy them again. Never played Gradius Rebirth though for some reason. If true, I wonder what the 4th title could be?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/rumour_konami_is_bri...

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

GameOtaku

I also wouldn't count out Tomb Raider or Hitman on switch either as they've both been on Nintendo consoles.

GameOtaku

FragRed

@GameOtaku Hitman is now owned by an independent developer so whether that would ever come to the Switch would greatly depend on whether or not there is sufficient funding to port such games to the system, and more importantly how easy such a port would be to do? As for Tomb Raider, those aren't ever coming to the Switch.

Octane

@FragRed Wouldn't people say the same thing about Dark Souls if you had asked them last year? Depends on whether Square sees potential in a Switch port or not.

Octane

MegaMari0

@SLIGEACH_EIRE I'm surprised you're not an Nlife employee yet with how you pop out news left and right. Seriously, what do you do all day? I'm genuinely amazed your sleuthing skills... 😎

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

FragRed

@Octane But Dark Souls is getting a port on both PS4 and Xbox One at the same time, so it makes more viable sense to port it onto a platform like the Switch whereas there is little reason to port both Tomb Raider games. In fact, would they be even able to port the Xbox 360 version of Rise of the Tomb Raider because Microsoft paid for that which is why I don't think it ever came to the PS3, just the PS4 a year later

Octane

@FragRed Microsoft had a one-year exclusivity deal with Square. They're free to port the game to the Switch. I was more talking about the upcoming Shadow of the Tomb Raider though.

Octane

Alber-san

@Nicolai @Spoony_Tech
I had that same problem. All you have to do is blow where the joy stick meets the joy con or use compressed air (which is quicker and better in the long term). That should get rid of dust that causes the drifting problem. It worked for me at least.

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Did Square release any games for PS3 in 2016/2017? It could've easily been just moving on if not. It felt like 2015 was the main end for 3rd party support on PS3/360 outside of stuff like FIFA and Just Dance.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

@SLIGEACH_EIRE
Not surprising given a lot of us have been saying Switch will hit 15 million by its first birthday, but really does put into perspective how awfully the Wii U sold.

I do remain a bit skeptical about its momentum in 2018, though. The new Kirby looks nice and Tropical Freeze will be good for those who didn't own the Wii U, but beyond that... we need to hear more about some other big games. What's going on with Yoshi? Octopath? Is LABO going to bomb (and does it really matter if it bombs)? Are they going to have a big holiday game? And in my opinion, the longer they go without getting Smash on the Switch, they're just turning their back on insane amounts of easy money.

Nintendo does tend to hold game announcements closer than Microsoft and Sony, but even though Sony has been dangling the next God of War for what - 2 years now? It does have an effect of keeping your eyes down the road.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Henmii

I feel like there's a "Breath of the Wild" situation going on. And with that I mean that one big title (Metroid prime 4 in this instance) sucks away most of the staff. Result: A very dry year, with only a few new interesting Nintendo titles and tons of ports. Nintendo doesn't worry, they think: Our already released games (like Mario Odyssey) have legs, The Switch still flies of the shelves, the indies fly of the shelves, the ports sell, all is good. And now the Toy-cons, wich may become a gigantic succes (and a way to get Miyamoto's child, Giant robo, to the masses). I can understand their thinking.

As for myself: Still finishing Odyssey. I have yet to properly play Mario+Rabbids. I have yet to buy Xenoblade 2. I hope Kirby and Yoshi will be decent. For the rest, there may be a few surprises. But Metroid, that could be "Breath of the wild" strong if everything goes right. Could make up for a dry year, if it gets released this year at all (yes, that's a thing. it could get delayed if it becomes that big).

Henmii

Grumblevolcano

I think the way the games tie together, if Shadow of the Tomb Raider was coming to Switch we'd likely end up with ports of the other 2 games too. It's like how even though Anniversary was a Tomb Raider 1996 remake it became the basis of some plot points in Underworld so Legend, Anniversary and Underworld kind of became a trilogy which you could play the entirety of on your PS3/360/Wii/PC (Underworld released years before Nintendo got rid of GC backwards compatibility on Wii).

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic