Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,381 to 24,400 of 69,983

Haruki_NLI

@zitpig Well that statement is actually true.

Do you know in the US they had "Platinum" membership and rewards? That wasn't a thing here, ever, to my knowledge. So technically, that statement is true

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

zitpig

@YummyHappyPills - Yeah, each region had their own "entitlements" some were better than others. Except in Japan, where everthing was better than anywhere else!

zitpig

SLIGEACH_EIRE

The site again hasn't posted the Japanese charts, they're over a day late. Time to drop them an e-mail. I wonder what spin they'll put on them this week. "Nintendo have 80% software chart domination."

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Octane

@YummyHappyPills There was some pretty neat stuff during the Wii era as well though. Mario Galaxy OST is one I remember. When the Wii U came around, most of the rewards became digital downloads.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane I got the 3D World soundtrack CD when it closed, as well as the Smash CD.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

rallydefault

@SLIGEACH_EIRE
Why does it matter? We know PS4's gonna be ridin high with MH and there's no way Switch or any of its games are gonna be higher.

rallydefault

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@rallydefault It's not very professional to ignore the charts just because MHW and PS4 are riding high. All the other Nintendo centric sites published them yesterday afternoon and they don't put spin titles on the story like, "Nintendo Software Dominates The Week's Japanese Charts" when clearly last week it was all about the monstrous sales of MHW and PS4 selling x3 that of Switch. Anyway, it's not like Switch sales are bad and Nintendo software feature heavily in the chart.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

IceClimbers

Golf Story and Rocket League (along with most of it's DLC) are on sale on the US eShop.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

PLATINUM7

I'm honestly pretty happy about the changes to My Nintendo. While after everything I've bought has earned me $5, one of the things I purchased digitally was Rayman Legends for AU$60. That alone in the new system would earn me $3 so it's funny to think how much I would have earned had the new system been in place from the beginning.

I also much prefer to get some of my money back then earn coupons because then I'm always stuck waiting for a discount on a game I want AND don't already have. With how much My Nintendo updated that never happened.

In comparison to Club Nintendo, nearly all of the rewards for my region were like game cases or stands. There were some cool things, like hanafuda cards but not much. I only ever earned free rewards and only spent points when the service was ending because digital titles were finally on offer.

PLATINUM7

3DS Friend Code: 1246-8735-0293 | Nintendo Network ID: PLATINUM7

TuVictus

I'm happy with the changes provided it's usable on any game and not the "select" games I saw on a tweet. if that's the case then they haven't improved what I believe to be the fundamental issue with the program.

TuVictus

bluemage1989

Okay okay trying to make sense of this gold coins thing but I've read to much and now I'm confused!!

I have seven full price retail games unregistered. If I register them after the new system comes in how much do I have in gold coins and what does that equate to in eshop credit??

Can I then use this to out right buy a digital game (assuming for arguments sake the game was cheap enough) or would I be limited to only ever receiving a fixed discount??

bluemage1989

PLATINUM7

@MisterPi
The news feature I saw once I logged into My Nintendo said points can be used on any digital Switch purchase.

For people trying to figure out how many points and then money you earn. Just skip the points in your calculations.
You get 5% of your money back from digital purchases and 1% of the eshop price back for physical. Say you spend $50 digitally, you get $2.50 back (250 points). Say you buy physical and the eshop price is $50, you get $0.50.

Edited on by PLATINUM7

PLATINUM7

TuVictus

@PLATINUM7 I think for NoE, but NoA sent this out

"A #MyNintendo update in early March will let you redeem Gold Points for select digital games and DLC for #NintendoSwitch!"

Not sure how to embed tweets

TuVictus

PLATINUM7

I hope it's not select titles. If it's another case of NoA being different to NoE, they'd better change that.

PLATINUM7

TuVictus

If that's the case, I definitely praise NoE, they've often times gotten the short end of the stick, so this would be a nice change for them I'm sure. But yeah, that doesn't excuse that we'd be getting the short end this time.

TuVictus

Azooooz

MisterPi wrote:

@PLATINUM7 I think for NoE, but NoA sent this out

"A #MyNintendo update in early March will let you redeem Gold Points for select digital games and DLC for #NintendoSwitch!"

Not sure how to embed tweets

@MisterPi Just copy and paste the tweet link.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

TuVictus

@Azooooz oh, of course it's that simple lol. My bad, I never have used Twitter

TuVictus

OorWullie

I'm totally fine with the 5% back, I think it's pretty decent and with all the digital games I buy I should do quite well from it. However the paltry amount our current lot of coins will be worth this time next month I'm not so fine with. I've got around 1500 gold coins currently but under the new system I would have had around 7,500 instead. So if I had waited a year and then bought all the same games I would have earned $75 of Eshop credit. All I'm going to get though is $15. That's pretty crap no matter what way you look at it. Is it possible Nintendo will adjust our current totals to what they should be worth from next month?

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic