Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 23,681 to 23,700 of 28,743

Octane

@Eagle9 If there's one next week, they won't tell us until one or two days before it takes place.

Octane

Eagle9

@Octane
Am i remembering wrong then, earlier at least until week before or so.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

StuTwo

Octane wrote:

@StuTwo You don't even know how much I'd want a Murasame reboot. There are way too few games set in feudal Japan. At least we're getting Ghost of Tsushima relatively soon-ish.

I made my list of ‘predictions’ tongue in cheek (well ‘duh’) but I do actually think Murasame is something that Nintendo will one day revisit.

The IP has no value- it never even launched outside Japan - but the setting is distinct (Nintendo doesn’t have a similar or conflicting IP) and the genre of Zelda like action game with more of a focus on fighting than puzzles is one that Nintendo has space for in their line up.

Plus they’ve name checked the game a few times over the past 5 years. Not every minor 1st party Famicom game gets that honour...

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Grumblevolcano

@Eagle9 Things like last year's Switch presentation and E3 stuff have had a longer time between announcement and the event itself but Directs are generally just a few days warning. If the Direct is happening on the 11th, Nintendo will likely announce it on the 8th (Monday).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@StuTwo It got a mini-game in Nintendo Land, so they haven't forgotten about it yet.

Octane

Eagle9

@Grumblevolcano
Oh.. okay, thanks.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

rallydefault

@Eagle9
It's usually only been 2-3 days of notice before many Directs (with some exceptions of course).

rallydefault

FragRed

@Octane Until he posts details on something that actually comes true, I will like with all rumours, ignore what he says. Though the Rockstar thing I do think is true, I can't remember who else said it, may have been Zhuge on Twitter?

ENGAGE VG NEWS & REVIEWS SITE LAUNCHING SOON: www.engagevg.com

Octane

@FragRed Well, we shall know soon enough, in a week or so. If none of it is true, we can forget about it.

Octane

NaviAndMii

"I also heard Rockstar has something else planned for Switch"

I knew it - RDR2 is a Switch exclusive! (..and that 4K trailer that they released wasn't 'actual gameplay footage' after all! )

...one can dream!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MD 🎮 NSW 🎮

MK8D (R: 8600, B: 2500)
Splatoon 2 (L: 63, CB: A, RM: A, SZ: A, TC: A)
Rocket League (L: 25 - Pro)

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

YummyHappyPills

The Nintendo Just For You Birthday Offer doesn't include Switch still.

YummyHappyPills

OorWullie

Bayonetta 3 for the summer would be something else. We've already got Outlast 1&2 and Layers of Fear coming in the first quarter along with Bayonetta 1&2.Plus I think Detention is coming soon. The announcement of that one completely passed me by. It received some very good. reviews on PS4 and PC. Seems like the first half of 2018 is all about mature games...and Kirby.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

FragRed

@NaviAndMii That would be incredibly funny, if after everything Rockstar just turned around and said "Red Dead Redemption 2.... Now Switch Exclusive". The internet would have a meltdown so huge, the world would catch fire.

Luckily that isn't going to happen though.

Luna_110

There are two things that make me doubt the leak, the Pokémon supposed highlight, since The Pokémon Company likes to show stuff at their rate, and the supposition he makes about Red Dead Redemption, since even PS4 and Xone haven’t received a remaster for it, supposedly thanks to the utter pain that is the game code. I don’t think Rockstar will make the effort just for the Switch.
Plus we should hear about Yoshi and Kirby, which launch next year and we have no news about that.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

NaviAndMii

@FragRed Haha! Yeah - that'd be a pretty rock'n'roll move from Rockstar if they did it!

I never know what to make of this persistent (and perhaps more realistic) 'GTAV Switch' rumour...on the one hand, it really is 'the gift that keeps on giving' for Rockstar Games, so it'd make sense that they'd want to have it on the platform to cast the net even wider - but I often hear things about Nintendo's online structure perhaps not being 'robust' enough to handle such a game (?)

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MD 🎮 NSW 🎮

MK8D (R: 8600, B: 2500)
Splatoon 2 (L: 63, CB: A, RM: A, SZ: A, TC: A)
Rocket League (L: 25 - Pro)

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

FragRed

@NaviAndMii The game would sell huge I am sure IF it were all on cartridge without the need to download a massive chunk of the game. I imagine seeing that slapped across the top of the box would put a lot of people off. And this being Rockstar/Take Two, that is exactly what will happen if the game does indeed come to the Switch.

Pazzo-ZaFool

NieR: Automata for the Switch is my holdout pipe dream. Platinum and Square have good relations with Big N right now, so I'd call it a 25% by this point.

Flips two coins

If Darkest Dungeon gets the Crimson Court DLC added in too, I'll double dip for the Switch. Maybe if the Color of Madness gets a close release I'll just put up my PC and call checkmate.

For you will certainly carry out God's purpose, however you act, but it makes a difference to you whether you serve like Judas or like John.
~~youtu.be/ntG50eXbBtc~~

JaxonH

We'll see.

That source has apparently gotten some things right and somethings wrong. He says it's because he has multiple sources and he himself is still weeding out who he can trust and who he can't. I also try to bear in mind that even trustworthy sources are wrong sometimes. Either plans change, or a leaker perceives something to be a certain way, when in reality that's not the case.

Either way, we'll find out come January. Alot of those things could never possibly be guessed. So if I see a few of them pan out I'll know he's legit. But if that January direct comes and none of it pans out... i'll probably dismiss anything he says in the future until he proves me wrong.

NOW PLAYING
Switch: South Park, Fire Emblem Warriors
New 3DS: Radiant Historia
PS4 Pro: God of War
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

rallydefault

That stuff is always fun and interesting to read, but I don't buy into it too much. Sure, some stuff makes sense. I do think they'll try to get Call of Duty onto Switch for next November. I mean, by then, we may be looking at an install base approaching 20 mil. They'll want a piece of that.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic