Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,941 to 22,960 of 69,981

Ralizah

After years of third parties reporting underwhelming sales of their games on Wii/Wii U, it's nice to hear about all of the success they've having on Switch.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kobashi100

Ralizah wrote:

After years of third parties reporting underwhelming sales of their games on Wii/Wii U, it's nice to hear about all of the success they've having on Switch.

The Wii U was definitely a toxic console that's for sure. People just didn't want to buy games on that machine

kobashi100

link3710

@Ralizah Unfortunately, the chances of it coming with Stick of Truth are slim. The likely reason that Fractured But Whole is coming is that the Snowdrop engine was already ported over for Mario and Rabbids and Starlink, while Stick of Truth is on the Onyx engine, which is obsolete afaik.

On the other hand yes! I called this as soon as Mario and Rabbids engine was announced! Now the only question is if that means we might get The Division as well...? I still don't think so, but it's not out of the question.

link3710

OorWullie

Hamster must be raking it in with Super Mario Bros Vs. It's number 1 in the US and will likely hang around the top 10 for months to come. Pretty sure Nintendo will be taking a larger cut than SNK do but still, what a catch for little ol' Hamster.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

SLIGEACH_EIRE

BRAWL, the most explosive Nintendo Switch game, available now in US

[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]

The BRAWL game was launched today on Nintendo Switch in the US at a price of 9.99 USD and will be released on January 19th in Europe and Australia.

Are you ready to face your darkest fears... with a bomb in your hand?

Step into the darkness of The Emporium with 8 unique characters, each with a rich back story and a surprising plot-twist. Fight your way to the end using different play styles, from pure brutality as a Wrestler to hiding in shadows as an elusive Thief.

Play with up to 4 players on Multiplayer Mode with 20+ interactive maps. Fight against your opponents and environmental hazards in 6 game modes, featuring Sumo, Color Domination and Classic Brawl.

Link to BRAWL Gameplay Trailer (Nintendo Switch) : https://youtu.be/VaCy1IfvE2I

You can download the press kit and videos in our Press Room - www.qubicgames.com/press

If you would like to check BRAWL on Nintendo Switch, please don’t hesitate to get back to us and let us know for which region you need the press code.

You can also register for the press codes of the latest and future QubicGames and our partners’ games at www.qubicgames.com/press

Media Contact

Jakub Pieczykolan

[email protected]

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/312986/BRAWL_the...

BRAWL Gameplay Trailer (Nintendo Switch™)

It plays just a little like Bomberman. /s But with a very dark theme.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Ralizah

Man, what is with people trying to make Bomberman dark and edgy? First Konami, now this dev.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pazzo-TheFool

Nintendo does a good job with moving past trends, but it failed to realize keeping the kid-casual Wii ad/branding was old. Switch is a whole new idea with the adults/cool kids/Karen in mind.

This is a tl;dr of the whole marketing strat. Let's watch and listen very closely.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

shadow-wolf

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Bit off-topic, but now that you have a Switch, how is the portability in your experience? Do you find yourself often playing it in portable mode or being surprised at how fun it is to play in portable mode? Like you I'm mostly a home console gamer so I'm curious how you viewed the portability aspect of Switch.

shadow-wolf

Late

Saw these couple of days ago but thought I'd share them here now in case no one else has done it yet:
Tweet 1
Tweet 2

Untitled

Cave Story 2? Both tweets are from Tyrone Rodriguez, the founder of Nicalis. I'm sure most here know but Nicalis publishes lot of indie games, including Cave Story. In addition, Rodriguez has been helping Daisuke Amaya (the creator of Cave Story) with the development of Cave Story ports.

EDIT: Added the picture from first tweet.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Haruki_NLI

Nintendo Switch UK eShop Charts - January 13th 2018

1: Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
2: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3: Arcade Archives: Vs. Super Mario Bros.
4: NBA Playgrounds: Enhanced Edition (New, 50% OFF)
5: Stardew Valley
6: Rocket League
7: 1-2 Switch
8: Super Mario Odyssey
9: Sonic Mania
10: Enter The Gungeon
11: Snipperclips: Cut It Out Together!
12: Splatoon 2
13: Overcooked: Special Edition
14: The Escapists 2 (NEW)
15: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

OorWullie

There was new details revealed about Layers of Fear a couple of weeks ago. I either missed it or NL never reported it.

Anyway it's called 'Layers of Fear - Legacy' now and is a remastered and redesigned version of the original which will be exclusive to Switch. It will have HD Rumble, motion controls and make use of the touchscreen. It will also include the 'Inheritance' DLC and will release in the first quarter. So now we know we'll have this, Outlast 1 & 2 and hopefully Detention to play before the end of March. 4 of the scariest video games ever made. Great stuff!

It's looking really good.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

@YummyHappyPills If Team Meat are really happy with day one sales then so must the devs behind The Escapists 2 be. Super Meat Boy hasn't even entered the chart yet and they both released on the same day.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

PuppyToucher

Hey sorry if you guys have already answered this question, but I am thinking about picking up Mario kart 8 deluxe digitally. I already have the physical copy because it was included with the bundle I got from GameStop. Personally I like having all my multiplayer games digitally just for ease of switching between them. If I buy the digital copy does it still keep all my save data?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-0626-8454-8990

My Nintendo: AgentQ723 | Nintendo Network ID: AgentQ723

EvilLucario

@Late Holy crap. If that's an actual Cave Story 2, I'm legit going to buy two copies.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@PuppyToucher It does keep your save data because save data is on the system for both digital and physical (this isn't like pre-Switch handhelds where save data was on the cartridge). You'll only lose your save data if you either delete your save data or your Switch gets damaged.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kimyonaakuma

@PuppyToucher The save data is on the console itself so it will be fine. You won't notice any differences really

Edited on by Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

IceClimbers

So BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle has a release date in NA: June 5th.

Has 40 playable characters, 19 of which are DLC.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

GrailUK

@IceClimbers It's nowt new. Street Fighter V had 16 characters at launch. It's no to about 34 now I think?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Pazzo-TheFool

Dark Souls is going to be $40.

Strap in and call me Bob Barker, because the price is right.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic