Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,801 to 22,820 of 69,993

Grumblevolcano

That Direct Mini was very good, especially glad to see Hyrule Warriors and Tropical Freeze. 2014's big Wii U game lineup will almost be complete on Switch by May (only Smash and Captain Toad missing).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

Dark Souls is confirmed. So yay! Maybe I'll buy one or two of the other games. Depends on how I feel, but yeah, not interested in too much of what is shown.

It's probably better that way, so I can finally finish some PS4 games I have in peace.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

jman0987654321

I thought this direct was pretty good overall, but I already played tropical freeze on Wii u so all of my hype is on hyrule warriors and the new Mario tennis game.

jman0987654321

Farmboy74

A demo of Dragon Quest Builders is up on the eshop!

Farmboy74

Inertiacreep

if this is what we have to look forward to this year it would be a pathetic follow up to the launch year... please tell me they are holding back on the good announcements and E3 is going to be dope and there will be other awesome games besides octopath coming out by fall/winter

Inertiacreep

Late

I wish I wrote the comment I was going to an hour ago but didn't because I was at work. I was so going to call a Direct at 4PM (Finland) since it was just too perfect of a timing. That's when the eShop updates and that's also when I'm leaving work so of course I wasn't there to see it until 15 minutes later when I arrived home. I made sure to check NL as soon as I could to see if I was correct.

As for the Direct itself. It was good. About what I expected from it after the rumor that said it's going to be a mini Direct. It had things I wasn't expecting and all the games they showcased looked great, even the Mario Tennis game. Out of the games shown, I'm picking up TWEWY (started second playthrough couple of months ago but didn't finish), probably Mario + Rabbids DLC, Kirby, Ys VIII, Celeste, maybe Fe and SNK Heroines as well. I hope SNK Heroines has Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

NaviAndMii

Jeez - there's no pleasing some people!

..DLC reveals ..ports of games we had no idea would be ported ..a few firm release dates for games that people are excited for (of various genres) ..and an answer to the question 'what are From Software bringing to Switch?' (finally!) - not too bad for an unannounced, stealth-dropped Mini Direct!

I was both surprised and delighted to see a Tropical Freeze port announcement! Neither Yoshi nor Kirby was particularly whetting my platforming appetite, so to see one of the WiiU's most highly regarded platformers also coming this year (with additional content) was welcome news! ..and I was quite impressed with the variety of games showcased too (considering the vid was only 15mins long) - it was far from a 'dream Direct' for me, but equally far from being 'the lamest thing I could have imagined' either!

..pretty good I thought!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@Inertiacreep Octopath, Yoshi and Fire Emblem are 2018, as is DQXI. Oh, DQ Builders 2, Wolfenstein 2, No More Heroes, and many more.

Remember Directs are short term.

Also remember, to everyone saying 2018 is gonna suck, when did we find out about DOOM, L.A. Noire, Resident Evil, Rocket League etc.?

This is covering most thing up to the end of May. Nothing dated June and beyond. Just like last year.

Also note...with the exception of January...1 or 2 Nintendo published games a month, just like last year.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

-Green-

So what games are Nintendo releasing per month? As in what are the monthly 'big' games.

KirbyTheVampire

Wasn't very impressed by it. They'd better have some great first party 2018 games to make up for these ones. A bunch of Wii U ports and games like Yoshi and Kirby don't exactly make a great first part of the year.

Games like the Souls remaster I would be excited for, but I'm not a portable gamer, so I would buy that on PS4 if I wanted it. Games like Mario Tennis don't really interest me much, either.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Harmonie

Lol. More Wii U ports! I didn't play neither of those Wii U games, but still...

The Mario Tennis actually looks a bit more inspired than other recent entries in the series. I'll give them that.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

-Green-

More Wii U ports were basically a certainty in my mind tbh. Cost effective.

FragRed

This doesn't exactly scream "we are aiming to sell 20 million systems". So unless Nintendo plan to shift 20 million in the second half of the fiscal year, this ain't looking good.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@-Green- Probably going to be something like this:
January - Nothing
February - Bayonetta 1+2
March - Kirby
April - Hyrule Warriors, Mario Tennis Aces (these 2 are labelled Spring but given the other games release dates I predict both will be April)
May - Tropical Freeze

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@-Green-

Feb - Bayonetta, DQ Builders
March - Kirby
April - My brain is blanking
May - DKC

@KirbyTheVampire patience young one.

Octopath and Fire Emblem are 2018 too. And again, remember 2017, how much did we know of the latter part of the year before we got there? They like to announce things close to release.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Harmonie

@SLIGEACH_EIRE NEVER fall for the hype. When was the last time a Nintendo Direct (which E3 and the Switch presentation were not, for clarification) was actually exciting?

This time my expectations were incredibly low. And when I saw it was a Direct Mini, my expectations fell even lower.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

-Green-

Don't feed hype. It has a tendency to bite the hands that feed it.

Roamer

I’m not a fan of Nintendo games, I bought the switch because of Skyrim on the go and the hope of more ports like that. There’s nothing I’d play from this announcement though. Urgh Dark Souls! I suppose Nintendo might make money from replacing all the switches broken by frustrated players 😂

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

TuVictus

That Hyrule Warriors surprise was all I could have hoped for. The Mario DLC and Dark Souls re release is just icing on the cake.

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic