Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,741 to 22,760 of 69,983

Octane

@SLIGEACH_EIRE What do you mean? You know, posting links doesn't really help if I don't know what I'm looking for.

Octane

Late

It's just so funny to me how big of a deal this upcoming Direct is to so many people. Sure, I'm waiting for one as well but I don't care if it's today or after two weeks. All this hype leads to funny tweets, though, so it's all good. The official Mega Man twitter account posted a picture of Heat Man to Nintendo's Chibi-Robo image and Sonic account followed with Blaze the Cat. They sure know how to gather attention.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

NEStalgia

@IceClimbers I always thought that gift meant Elmo was burning in Inferno for his pedophilia.

NEStalgia

link3710

@Octane I think he's pointing out the fact that half the people on Resetera who are posting about the direct use that image as their avatar for whatever reason.

link3710

Dogorilla

So when Nintendo posted that Chibi-Robo pic, the official Mega Man, Sonic, and Doom accounts responded with other pictures of characters on fire. But now the Assassin's Creed and Obsidian accounts have replied too with similar pictures? I might be looking too far into this but maybe that could be hinting at something...

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Snadertjuh

@Dogorilla I think that this really is the Direct. They give us some teasers now and then announce one big thing with dates. Riot Games also added a character on fire now. I really like this!

From Holland, SW-8284-9406-5119

canucksfan989

There's something to this or it's the greatest troll job by a collective of video game twitter accounts ever

canucksfan989

NEStalgia

@Dogorilla I can see Sonic doing it because Sonic's PR is a giant troll operation (it's more entertaining than the last 3 sonic games. Bada boom.)

Doom....well the character on fire may be a mere coincidence, that's sort of their thing.

AC and Obsidian? Interesting. I fear we're just being trolled on a large scale now

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Snadertjuh this is the first time I can think of that Nintendo has actually caught the attention of the entire troll base of the gaming industry on the internet. If Sony joins in I'll know it's just a gag. Maybe they're all at CES this week conspiring?

NEStalgia

Dogorilla

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Old Man's Journey - Nintendo Switch Trailer

This game looks fantastic, I was planning to get it on Steam at some point but I'll wait for the Switch version now

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

canucksfan989

@AlternateButtons I think we all are just being a bit hesitant it could be just a troll job but yeah weird to have this many companies in on it

canucksfan989

GrailUK

@AlternateButtons Hype levels are just insane. It is a pleasure to bear witness to such passionate insanity!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Octane

@AlternateButtons Could be just them playing along. I've seen the Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter post weirder things than this. I think their PR teams are just having a bit of fun.

Octane

Aozz101x

it's insane thats for sure XD.
sure it's just them being silly, but still.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

The 2 images could be hinting at new games. The first is obviously Chibi-Robo. The second is a costume from Tomodachi Life.

Untitled

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic