Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,681 to 22,700 of 22,870

NaviAndMii

I still don't agree with an early access game being nominated for Game of the Year - sets a bad precedent - but at least a properly 'polished' game actually came away with the main award (..and Breath of the Wild was also my personal favourite - so I'm doubly pleased!)

Great news about the Bayonetta reveals too! I suspected that we may get 1 & 2 ported over when Platinum put out the below tease on Twitter a few months ago - but a Switch-exclusive 3rd instalment is a happy and welcome surpirse!

...and, naturally, as soon as the TGA's are all done and dusted, we all begin to turn our attentions to the next Direct! This year? or early next year? ..I'm gonna guess the latter - but I'd love to be wrong!

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 Switch 🎮

Currently Playing (Online):

PS4: GT Sport (DR: D, SR: S)

Switch: Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 46, RM: A-, SZ: B+, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCat★

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

blaisedinsd

Data management is confusing.

I had a small sd card in my switch that I figure would be for screen shots and video, I think it’s 4 gb

I went to download the Zelda update and it says I’m out of space. I have lots of space in my system memory but I don’t see how to move the data from sd to system. I ended up turning the switch off and taking the sd card out. It redownloaded the update and plays fine. Now however I can’t play MARIO because I need the update on the sd card I left at home and I don’t have internet to download the update.

I guess it’s a bad idea to try and use a small sd card for anything.

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

Grumblevolcano

@blaisedinsd Yeah, I agree that data management is a mess on Switch. I hope with the next big update you'll be able to transfer between system memory and microSD cards like you can with external hard drives on home only consoles.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Operative2-0

The bf and I were looking at 9 parchments. It looks so fun! Is it something we should get ?

Operative2-0

JaxonH

9 Parchments is really fun, I think.

I almost wasn't going to download the demo but I'm so glad I did. Ended up going from barely on my radar to a day one purchase. Which, there is still a demo so you can always go try it out and see for yourself.

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Operative2-0

Ah, didn't realize it had a demo. Thanks for the tip. We're suckers for dungeon crawlers, so it looks right up our alley

Operative2-0

Anti-Matter

Hiya, guys !
Which Micro SD card should i choose for Nintendo Switch ?
Sandisk 128 GB speed 80 or speed 100 ?
Does speed number matter for Download speed ?

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

Speed of 80mbps should be plenty. Anything beyond 60 is sufficient (and I've heard reports that those even with lower speeds had no issues despite warnings from games like LA Noire, although I personally wouldn't want to test it)

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

At this point I am legitimately afraid of what Nintendo is going to do for VC. If they even get half of the glory days of the Wii VC (with hopefully the new additions to the service that the WiiU brought) then I'm going to be broke for the next two years. What a fantastic time to be a gamer.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama At this point, I'm more afraid that they're going to try streaming classic games or something instead of letting us just download VC releases to our Switch.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

skywake

@Ralizah
It won't be streaming. It'd be more effort for Nintendo to do that and the end result would be worse for consumers. Game steaming only makes sense if the game is bigger than the machine you're using can handle. Not really much point doing it for a classic game service.

Subscription? Maybe. Streaming? No

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

rallydefault

Hey U.S. people, just noticed something weird. My Octopath Traveler demo is gone from my system, and I'm 99% sure I didn't delete it. At any rate, I went back to the eShop to redownload it, and the "you've purchased this" button is there, but it's grayed out, and there's nothing for me to click to download the demo again.

Also can't find anything in my data management.

Any ideas? Kind bummed... I really wanted to play it again.

rallydefault

Inertiacreep

@rallydefault maybe try to make like an AUS eshop account and see if it says the same thing?

But I'm pretty sure if a person actually did uninstall the demo it would allow you to download it again... or, does the switch have a games list like steam? Where you can just click to reinstall games?

Inertiacreep

JaxonH

@rallydefault

I am curious as to whether it could have been the auto archive feature?

I see that each game has the option to toggle auto archive off (it's on by default for every game) but I'm not sure what triggers the system to archive a game. Perhaps a certain amount of time passing without you playing the game or maybe when a certain percentage of your space is used up it will start archiving from the back of the list... Idk.

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

Spoony_Tech

@rallydefault Hey it's no longer there to dl for me either. It's exactly like you said you Can't select it. Can't remember if I deleted it for space or not but I'm pretty sure I heard that won't be the final name of the actual game and maybe that's why it was removed. Who know though.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic