Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,281 to 22,300 of 35,775

GrailUK

It's nice as a Nintendo gamer to feel relevant again.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

IceClimbers

So Switch's 2018 lineup (besides indies):

• Kirby Star Allies
  • Yoshi
  • Fire Emblem
  • Project Octopath Traveler
  • Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
  • Dragon Quest Builders
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Collosus
  • Starlink: Battle for Atlas
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
  • Mega Man X1-8
  • Mega Man 11
  • BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle
  • Atelier Lydie & Suelle
  • Gal*Gun 2
  • Lost Sphear

Not bad at all so far!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

@IceClimbers It's been a long time since I've been so excited for so many third party games on a Nintendo system.

Ralizah

Knuckles-Fajita

I was expecting nothing.

But Nintendo fans didn't get shafted.

They made up for skipping us with Legacy.

We get the X games in the EU.

Mega Man 11

I can die happy.

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

NaviAndMii

@IceClimbers There actually doesn't appear to be too much for me so far...I really enjoyed what I played of the OCTOPATH demo, so I'm definitely curious about that - and Wolfenstein is also going to be very tempting (provided they don't make a mess of the port, which I'm confident they won't!) ..but I certainly recognise that the provisional line-up will add extra breadth and diversity to the ever-growing Switch library, so I'm all for that ..and considering that 2017 has sent my backlog in to overflow status, a few months of releases that aren't necessarily targeting me (as a player) will at least give me a chance to catch up a little bit! (I still haven't played Odyssey!)

...and, of course, it's still early days - I'm feeling a lot more confident that the Switch will see a (relative) wave of third-party support - and Nintendo themselves seem to have kept their 2018 plans quite low-key, so hopefully we'll get a few first-party surprises along the way too ..and with the addition of the 'Classic Game Selection' (and hopefully some other OS/online additions) to keep our playtimes topped up, there's plenty of cause for optimism - even if the above list (of the few titles confirmed for 2018 so far) doesn't have too much to tempt players like me quite yet!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

OorWullie

@IceClimbers I'm not a hard gamer to please nor do I expect every game to be for me but so much of that 2018 line up is not for me. A normal Nintendo year would have me included in most of it's line up with me skipping the odd game here or there but that list of games there, it's the other way around. Turn based RPG's or Turn Based Strategy are not my thing, although I'm willing to give them a go, but no more than 1 or 2 of each.I'm not a fan of Megaman, never thought much of the series but I'll give 11 and the X collection a go. Starlink may be one too watch but it has toys to life so again probably not for me. I'm expecting Pokémon next year but that's another series I've no interest in.

From that list, there is only 3 games I am genuinely looking forward to.Kirby, Yoshi and Wolfenstein 2. I'll likely buy Fire Emblem and possibly Valkyrie Chronicles but I can't say I'm looking forward to them in the slightest. Travis Touchdown is another I may get but I didn't particularly enjoy the first 2,they were OK. There will of course be much more to it than that, I just hope, without meaning to sound selfish, it is more my kind of games than those kind of games.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

KryptoniteKrunch

Yeah, 2018 is already looking great and Nintendo hasn't even had their usual Q1 Direct where they announce new games and outline a good chunk of the year. If SMT V and/or Pokemon Switch release next year, then that'll be even better.

[3DS Friend Code: 2793-1322-9869] Pokemon X/Y FS Type: Bug.
[NNID: KryptoniteKrunch]

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah How long did Persona 5 take lol?!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Spoony_Tech How ye getting on with Gear Club? Has it scratched that arcade driving itch? I'll probably go for it myself if I see it coming down in price but last time I checked on Amazon it had actually gone up. Maybe that 90's Arcade Racer/Super GP will arrive before, or then again probably not.

I've been really enjoying Mantis Burn Racing. I think I've already put 10 hours into it and it's just getting going. Great game!

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Spoony_Tech

@OorWullie I do keep coming back to it which says something. Usually I'll play a game to death and never go back to it. I spend a lot of time trying to beat other online racing scores and that alone can be addictive. Graphics get the job done and there's enough meat there to hold anyone's attention for quite a while. Still think the price is a bit high but I've got my money's worth. Now if there was something better announced then I would most definitely wait but I see nothing quite close to this.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DarthNocturnal

I'm hearing that the rewind functionality from Disney Afternoon will be in the Switch version of MMLC1, and will be patched into 1 on XB1, PS4, and PC.

I loved rewind in Rare Replay. It seems to be catching on as another “must-have“ feature for emulated titles (right next to save states).

EDIT: Apparently, MMLC2 doesn't have save states OR rewind.... weird. I mean, I wouldn't expect it in 9 & 10, but still.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech Persona 5 was announced in 2013, and it released in Japan last year, but it was in full development since late 2011. SMT V will be quicker as Atlus now has HD models for almost all of the major demons, but it didn't seem like it was very far in development when they announced it at the beginning of the year.

2018 is a no go. 2019 is possible, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back to 2020.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah I was thinking the same thing. I think we have a better chance at seeing Prime 4 before SMT V.

MERG said:

shadow-wolf

@OorWullie I see your point, a decent lineup for 2018 so far but nothing standout or eye-catching the way Odyssey or BotW was. But as other posters said, Nintendo could announce something in early or mid 2018. Also, my gut feeling is telling me Nintendo is keeping one game as their heavy-hitter for Holiday 2018. Not sure if that's Pokemon or another game (Metroid seems like the heavy-hitter for Holiday 2019), but I feel like Nintendo will definitely have a first-party standout game released holiday 2018. This is the same gut feeling that's predicted the Switch would be a success and predicts that the Switch will ultimately sell about the same or slightly more than the 3DS but less than the Wii, so I'm trusting it haha.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

EvilLucario

If Retro's game is confirmed for 2018 and blows our socks off, that will be yet another bombshell game.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

EvilLucario wrote:

If Retro's game is confirmed for 2018 and blows our socks off, that will be yet another bombshell game.

Well, apparently they've been working on 'Untitled Project' since 2014 or something like that - so maybe it's due? It feels like it's due. ..surely? ..please? ..pretty-please-with-bells-on??

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

shadow-wolf

@NaviAndMii @EvilLucario Yeah I forgot about Retro. Whatever game they're working on would definitely qualify as a standout release, and it does seem due for a release next year now that Zelda and Mario are out. Wonder what they've been working on that's required this much time? Hopefully a new IP.

shadow-wolf

OorWullie

@shadow-wolf Yep, there will be a heavy hitter for holiday 2018 that we don't know about yet. I also think there will be another for the summer, a new IP that will take us all by surprise. I'm confident they've got a huge 2018 planned,it's the console's 2nd year and history shows that's normally when a console comes into its own. That line up above just doesn't cut it for me. It needs a lot more. However that line up with a handful of first party games (2 biggies and 3 smaller) plus something like Bayonetta 3 and Retro's game mixed in with some big 3rd party games on top,then it's looking rather stellar. If the rumours are true that Nintendo hope to shift 25 to 30 million Switch next year then it's going to take a line up similar to that with Pokémon in there too, to achieve that. Nintendo said there will be some "non-traditional Nintendo titles" next year, so I think I think it's safe to say we're in for a few surprises.

My gut instinct tells me we're going to see a few big online/local multiplayer focused games but not the kind of games we would expect from them. This online subscription is going to be a big thing for Nintendo going forward and it needs new games to support it. A port of Smash 4 and Animal Crossing isn't enough. I'm going into fantasy land here but here goes. I'm imagining one of these online games is going to be a new sports game.Not a traditional sport though, something futuristic, perhaps quite violent,more Rocket League/Speedball 2 than Mario Golf or Strikers. Something like this could certainly be classed as a "non-traditional Nintendo" game. Nintendo are never easy to predict though, so I'm probably miles off. Regardless, I'm confident we're in for a few shocks when they do reveal their line up for 2018.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Qwertyninty

I’ll be honest.... I don’t want to see anything from retro that isn’t a new IP. They are too talented to be stuck on DK or anything else Nintendo has in the back catalogue. I want to see something new and modern inspired from them. More than likely this is not going to happen but I can dream.

Qwertyninty

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic