Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,281 to 22,300 of 22,870

rallydefault

@Qwertyninty
It's reminding me a lot of Steam, actually. The number of indies and "smaller" games on this thing is insane, and many of them are really good. I've already built up a backlog of games I own but still need to finish or even start, and I'm finding myself wanting to go back to some of the early launch titles I never got to buy but are supposed to be good (Bomberman, Has Been Heroes, Puyo Puyo, etc.).

That said, Nintendo NEEDS to clean up the eShop ASAP. As soon as a game falls off the "recently released" or "best sellers" tabs, it pretty much has zero decent exposure, and a customer is only going to find it unless they do a search specifically for its name or spend a good chunk of time using the search function to browse by genres. Bottom line: you shouldn't have to use the search function just to see old games. They need to separate the eShop into tabs for all of the genres very, very soon, or more excellent games are just going to get buried under the 15 that are selling well.

Keep the best sellers tab, that's fine, but ADD tabs for the genres and put all the applicable games in those tabs. You could even have the "top 10" in each genre at the top of the page, but just make it a simple scroll to view the rest of the RPGs, racing games, etc.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

JaxonH

Grumblevolcano wrote:

A question about the microSD card situation. If say you have update or DLC data for a specific game on the system memory and then an update for that same game comes, is the update installed to the system memory or is the data shared between the system memory and microSD card?

The way I understand it, the data always installs to micro SD if you have one inserted. Doesn't matter where the rest of the data is. Unless the game is programmed to specifically save data on system memory, like save data.

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

tobibra

@Ralizah I absolutely I agree. Thou I have the Japanese release, it would be cool to actually understand what she says

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

JaxonH

Gal Gun 2 is getting a physical release. Where's Octane. Wasn't he all jazzed up for this one or was that someone else

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH It was @Ralizah

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Qwertyninty

@rallydefault yeah I have a lot of games. I think after wwe2k18 and Resident evil revelations 2 I’m done for the year. Right now I’m sharing time between doom, Mario odyssey, mantis burn, rocket league, and splatoon. ITS CRAZY!

Edited on by Qwertyninty

Qwertyninty

skywake

rallydefault wrote:

That said, Nintendo NEEDS to clean up the eShop ASAP. As soon as a game falls off the "recently released" or "best sellers" tabs, it pretty much has zero decent exposure, and a customer is only going to find it unless they do a search specifically for its name or spend a good chunk of time using the search function to browse by genres.

I 100% agree. Say what you want about the Wii U eShop but at least there was space for Nintendo to highlight genres, themes and so on. On the Switch it loads fast which is fantastic but in terms of actually finding content they've taken a backwards step. It was fine when all of the content could fit on a couple of tabs but every time new content is added it becomes more of an issue.

At least there's now a tab for discounted content which is a start. But I'm not sure how much further they can push this by just adding more tabs. They really need some kind of front page to the shop. Though if they're stuck on the idea of keeping the interface as it is? At least have a tab for recommendations or something.

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Spoony_Tech

skywake wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

That said, Nintendo NEEDS to clean up the eShop ASAP. As soon as a game falls off the "recently released" or "best sellers" tabs, it pretty much has zero decent exposure, and a customer is only going to find it unless they do a search specifically for its name or spend a good chunk of time using the search function to browse by genres.

I 100% agree. Say what you want about the Wii U eShop but at least there was space for Nintendo to highlight genres, themes and so on. On the Switch it loads fast which is fantastic but in terms of actually finding content they've taken a backwards step. It was fine when all of the content could fit on a couple of tabs but every time new content is added it becomes more of an issue.

At least there's now a tab for discounted content which is a start. But I'm not sure how much further they can push this by just adding more tabs. They really need some kind of front page to the shop. Though if they're stuck on the idea of keeping the interface as it is? At least have a tab for recommendations or something.

I still say they're using the news feeds to draw attention to some of that other content and older games and such but sadly I don't look there often. They really do need to draw more attention within the shop itself.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

skywake

@Spoony_Tech
The news feed is good but it either pushes new content or content I'm already following. Neither of which really cover what is missing on the eShop. If I could sum up what is missing on the eShop in one page it would be either some sort of "recommendations" or a "highlighted" tab.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Ralizah

@JaxonH @Spoony_Tech Indeed ! I played Gal Gun: Double Peace on the PS4 a year or two ago and discovered a charming and surprisingly sweet (considering the raunchy theme) rail shooter with addicting gameplay, tons of repayability (score chasing, multiple endings, missions to complete in each chapter, etc.), and a vibrant, aesthetically pleasing anime aesthetic. Pleased as punch to hear that physical distribution is confirmed for the sequel!

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Azooooz

My opinion about why game saves are stored to internal memory only might be a good decision:

So I was on twitter scrolling around the search tab, I found someone who wasn't able to access to his SD card on his Switch. I told him to fully turn the console off and on again, but he says it's still not working. My other suggestion was to try out another SD card after archiving the games so that he can download archived games right from the home menu. I also reminded him that archiving software doesn't erase game saves, so even when re-downloading the software again, you can continue from where you left off.

Also, based on my experience, internal memory has a very, very low chance of being corrupted, unlike some SD cards.

That's my opinion, though.

"Knowing your enemy is the key to victory" Snake - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

"Knowing your stomach is the key to end hunger" Azooooz - Nintendo Life

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

kobashi100

Azooooz wrote:

My opinion about why game saves are stored to internal memory only might be a good decision:

So I was on twitter scrolling around the search tab, I found someone who wasn't able to access to his SD card on his Switch. I told him to fully turn the console off and on again, but he says it's still not working. My other suggestion was to try out another SD card after archiving the games so that he can download archived games right from the home menu. I also reminded him that archiving software doesn't erase game saves, so even when re-downloading the software again, you can continue from where you left off.

Also, based on my experience, internal memory has a very, very low chance of being corrupted, unlike some SD cards.

That's my opinion, though.

That's a fair enough explanation. still it's ridiculous we don't have cloud saves yet.

kobashi100

Grumblevolcano

Hmm, I just thought of a problem with cloud saves on Switch. If you think about it, each console that does cloud saves still has their servers up and running now even last gen. But unlike Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo is notorious for shutting down services when current gen becomes last gen. Sure the Wii/DS situation wasn't Nintendo's fault but Wii U/3DS situations like Miiverse says it all.

So when the Switch's successor comes out, you will lose all your Switch cloud saves.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

@Grumblevolcano

If it's part of the online sub fee, I expect outrage (hopefully. Actually, I'd expect it even if it was free). And Miiverse being dropped isn't the same as “btw, your saves are gone“.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Anti-Matter

Hiya !
Soon i will buy Nintendo Switch on December 2017.
But before that i want to know how big is the Save file for each games.
These are my Nintendo Switch games so far :
1. Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. Super Bomberman R
3. Puyo Puyo Tetris
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
5. LEGO CITY Undercover
6. ARMS
7. Mario + Rabbids
8. Pokken DX
9. Super Mario Odyssey.

I will buy Portal Knights Switch version in Digital download at first. Later, i will buy again the Retail version. For someone has downloaded Portal Knights, how big is the game size ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

DarthNocturnal

@Anti-Matter

Portal Knights Switch is 2.7 GBs, from what I'm reading.

I doubt the save file size of any of those games is terribly big. Only NBA 2K18 has the absurd 5 GBs.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic