Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,181 to 22,200 of 69,981

OorWullie

I never seen 'Switch Title 26/16/14' but I did see 'Switch Title 34/35/36/37'. But now they're all gone. Amazon have surely got ahead of themselves and realised their error.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Scrummer

@JaxonH I know, that was just meant as a joke. (Also because I don't own any Xbox controllers and don't have the money right now)

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

GrailUK

So...this week then?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

IceClimbers

Some preliminary predictions and expectations regarding the January Direct:

First off, it'll obviously use the rapid-fire headlines with a few spotlight focus games format with Koizumi as host again. The question is how many spotlight games there will be; the April Direct had two, while the September Direct had four. I do have suspicions as to what two of them are though.

Second, I don't think they'll reveal the vast majority of the major lineup (i.e. the "big" games for each month) like they did this year in the Switch Presentation. That was a special case because they were fully showing off the system. I expect the Direct to mostly focus on the first half of the year. I think announcements for the major games in the second half of the year will be spread out between the January Direct, the March/April Direct, and E3.

Third, I don't expect them to talk about the Switch online or VC services. I think that'll be at a separate time.

Anyways...

Direct starts off with some 3DS headlines:

• Kirby Battle Royale (NA)/Mario Party The Top 100 (EU)
  • Pokemon Crystal
  • Radiant Historia/The Alliance Alive/SMT Strange Journey Redux release dates
  • Sushi Striker
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Dead Heat Breakers
  • Detective Pikachu

That's it for 3DS headlines. Tha vast majority of that will hit before April. I think localizations of Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 and Yokai Watch 3 get announced in the March/April Direct.

Kirby Star Allies gets a spotlight focus. Gets a March date probably. Fire Emblem Switch gets a proper unveiling as another spotlight focus.

Switch headlines:

• Yoshi gets a trailer and proper title, Summer 2018 release
  • Bayonetta 1+2
  • Dragon Quest Builders
  • Project Octopath Traveler, given an April/May release
  • Wolfenstein II
  • Fe
  • Payday 2
  • Pac-Man CE2+
  • Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
  • Unexpected 3rd party ports
  • New Joy-Con colors
  • New amiibo

Then a couple unannounced 1st party games.

Basically not expecting some massive blowout, but it should be solid regardless!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Pazzo-TheFool

Good, Bad and Ugly of 2017!

The Good: Doki Doki Lit. Club. Just kidding, the Switch launch. I spent most of my gaming time (and then some) playing Splatoon 2, Mario, and Zelda. Can't wait to double up on Darkest Dungeon and maybe get a surprise port of Nier.

The Bad: Releases of established series. Mass Effect and Battlefront got terrible reception by the general community.

The Ugly: As mentioned, game journalists continue to wear down the brand of the plebians. The chief probelm might be that the writers are exactly what they are: english majors first and gamers second.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers I think DLC/updates will also be there. Stuff like the January update for Splatoon 2, the February DLC for Fire Emblem Warriors, the January DLC for XC2, the story DLC for Mario + Rabbids, etc.

Also Mario Party The Top 100 is already out in Europe, Nintendo moved it to a few days before Christmas so I wouldn't expect it to appear.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@IceClimbers I think that's the most realistic Direct prediction I've ever seen. I was going to post one, but you basically took the words right out of my mouth so...

link3710

JaxonH

I've seen release dates for Kirby All Stars saying January. Which seems an odd place holder date. Specially because it said like January 24 or some weird number that definitely isn't used as a placeholder.

Maybe Kirby is a January game along with Lost Sphear, Bayonetta 1/2 is February along with Payday 2, PAC Man and Dragon Quest Builders, March is Yoshi, April is Octopath Traveller and Fe, May is Street Fighter Collection, June is Wolfenstein 2, and lots of other games littered in that are confirmed first half of 2018. Like Battle Chasers Nightwar, Fallen Legion, Blade Strangers, Monster Energy Supercross, Atelier Lydie & Suelle, Titan Quest, Portal Knights, Hollow Knight, etc...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Why would Kirby release on a Wednesday though? All games created by Nintendo have been Friday releases for awhile now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Knew I was forgetting something! DLC/updates will definitely be part of the Switch headlines. Didn't know about Mario Party! Wonder what they'll put in the European Direct in place of Kirby then.

@JaxonH I think we'd have a firm date already if Kirby Star Allies was releasing in January! Especially if the Direct doesn't happen until mid-January anyways.

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano

No no no. That wasn't the date- I was just giving an example of the kind of date. As in, it was not "Jan 30" or "Jan 1st" or whatever. I can't remember the exact date I just know that it wasn't a typical placeholder date. I've seen it twice now.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Ya, you would think...

Dogorilla

This is nothing to do with what you guys are talking about, just a question I have. I don't have Sonic Forces but I downloaded the Super Sonic DLC while it's free, so I can use it in case I ever get the game in the future. However, the icon for Sonic Forces now appears on my home screen even though I don't have the game, which bothers me slightly. If I delete the DLC now that I've downloaded it once, will I be able to download it again for free in the future if I get the game?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Spoony_Tech

@Dogorilla Once you own the content you should be always be able to dl it. However if you just open and close a few other games it will get pushed further down to where you won't see it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

skywake

@IceClimbers
Pretty safe predictions there. I tend to agree except on two points.

1. With the number of game announcements for Switch that have come from nowhere? There will probably be something unknown in the next direct. Lately Nintendo can't seem to go a couple of months without surprising us with something like Doom or Bayonetta. I don't expect them to suddenly go back to Wii U era "nothing new" Directs.

2. The VC and online will come up at some point. Now is as good a time as any. It makes far more sense to talk about it now while the pace for gaming has slowed rather than spend time at E3 talking about it when they'd rather us focus on their big reveals

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

IceClimbers

@skywake My thought was they'd talk about VC and online on it's own via press release/trailer drop/Twitter and the website being updated and not via a Direct. I believe they want these Directs almost exclusively focused on games, with the lone exceptions being amiibo, special hardware bundles, and certain accessories like Joy-Cons. I don't think they feel Directs are the appropriate place to talk about services in depth anymore.

As for the announcements, that's what those "unexpected third party ports" are for! Those could take up quite a few separate headlines on their own. I think first party wise there won't be a ton announced because I feel the unannounced stuff is for the second half of the year, which they'll talk about more in the April Direct and at E3. I feel like it'll be 1 or 2 new 1st party games maximum in the January Direct, potential eShop titles like Pushmo aside (speaking of which, I wonder when we'll see Pushmo on Switch).

Looking at the first half of the year, this could be the hypothetical "big game" lineup:

February: Bayonetta 1+2
March: Kirby Star Allies
April: Project Octopath Traveler
May: Wolfenstein II/Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (3rd party month)
June: Fire Emblem
July: Yoshi

That's just hypothetical, but that really only leaves 5 months left uncovered. 1 or 2 of those could be third party months, and one of them could be Pokemon if that launches in 2018. That's not even accounting for Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes.

So barring doubling up in multiple months, there's really only 4ish major unknown 1st party games for the rest of the year. So again, expecting very little new on the 1st party front in the January Direct.

donkofthewild

Hello, im Donk Of the Wild. and i just created a Discord for all things Nintendo Switch!
We do Events for Almost all Nintendo Switch games, Chat, and Have fun!
So Join the fun! [removed]

Please don't post your own Discord channel here, you can put a link in your signature if you want - Octane

Edited on by Octane

donkofthewild

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic