Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 22,061 to 22,080 of 69,981

SKTTR

There were two instances where Nintendo downgraded the Wii U version to benefit the Switch version.

1. Mario Kart 8 - Second DLC pack. Instead of adding another 12,99€ pack for Wii U like they originally intended, they canceled it and included the battle mode and the 3 new characters only on Switch.

2. Breath of the Wild - taken out finalized 2-screen-gameplay so that the Wii U version has no benefit over the Switch version.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

JoyBoy

And in both of those instances, Nintendo was smart in doing so. (Even if I don’t know about the credibility of the first one)

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Kimyonaakuma

@SKTTR I don't think that they ever considered improving the battle mode on the original version. The game sold well for the Wii U and the DLC was just a bonus. They only remade the battle mode for Deluxe so people would stop complaining about it and to tempt those who already own MK8.
...and Deluxe added 5 characters, not 3.

Breath of the Wild is a shame but I don't think it would have improved the experience that much. You can access the map with a button press and the gyro aiming is still intact. Luckily the best aspects of the game didn't rely on the Gamepad, but maybe some small things were cut before Switch.

Kimyonaakuma

JaxonH

Dragon Quest Builders is live on BestBuy, $49.99 ($39.99 GCU)

Dragon Quest Builders Switch

Untitled

And it never really got mentioned in the news articles, but 2 more NIS special editions are available for Switch.

Atelier Lydie & Suelle Special Edition Can Be Found Here

Untitled

Fallen Legion Special Edition Can Be Found Here

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TuVictus

The next major Mario Kart addition should be custom tracks that users can share

TuVictus

ThomGee

@DarthNocturnal I completely agree. Mario Kart's characters have become too repetitive. The series would really benefit from more variety.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

NaviAndMii

@Operative2-0 I really enjoyed the Content Creator in GTAV - being able to create custom race after custom race and share/play them with my friends helped to turn a 100 hour game in to a 1000 hour game! (..literally!) ..so that'd definitely be something that I'd be excited to see if it ever came along!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

DarkRula

I dunno. I have a feeling the crossover tacks and characters can stay, but shouldn't change the Mario from the name. Mario Kart All-Stars would be better, as it says to the casual market that it's still the same series. In a way, the mechanics wouldn't need to change. Just the fact they have the All-Stars name add plenty if they go about it the right way. New characters, two/four new cups with nothing but crossover tracks, even crossover items, kart additions and the like. Perhaps an items toggle that's deeper than just saying Mushroom race or Frantic mode would be added into that, allowing each item to be toggled in rarity or even turned off [though pre-built options would be available]. They could even go back to the SNES way of doing things with five races per cup instead of four.
It entirely depends on what they want to do. They could go crazy and make a Double Dash remastered with gliding, underwater, and anti-graity mechanics added to the basic formula for all we know. But hey, speculation's fun.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Ralizah

I think we all know what the next big shake-up for MK should be: open world gameplay!

Climb mountains, explore dungeons, lose yourself in a big open world... in a KART!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Buizel

Ralizah wrote:

I think we all know what the next big shake-up for MK should be: open world gameplay!

Climb mountains, explore dungeons, lose yourself in a big open world... in a KART!

You say that as a joke... But I'd actually quite like to see something like the hub in Diddy Kong Racing but on a much larger scale. But most importantly I think it should be optional and not detract from the multilayer aspect of the game.

As for Smash Kart? The Mario and All-stars approach makes most sense to me, considering the series' history. I'd like to see them continue to focus on Mario, but also include a few cups based on the range of other Nintendo IP (maybe half and half?)

At least 2'8".

link3710

Given the lack of Pilotwings releases lately, I'd put my money on seeing true flight sections added into the next Mario Kart as the 'big thing'. Which honestly, would probably be the best shakeup the series has seen in awhile.

link3710

NaviAndMii

They should steal borrow this mini-game from DKR...

Untitled

p.s. ..you're heading to the wrong nest Diddy!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Kimyonaakuma

MK games since DS have had four new and four old grand prix, aside from MK8 which had 4 extra DLC ones.

Maybe going forward we could have the Mario Kart Allstars that people have been mentioning with 3/4 grand prix for new courses, retro courses and then crossover courses.
That way we could have the fun new crossovers while maintaining the main focus which is Mario. I'm not expecting open world kart racing though
An increase in scale could make tracks more interesting. More branching paths could work so that there's room for gliding, underwater etc. I think more courses that are just one long track like Mount Wario could be added because they're a nice change.

Kimyonaakuma

Farmboy74

@JaxonH, DragonsQuest Builders is a mighty fine game, but that can't be the official box art surely? Why not reuse the PS4 box art it's miles better in my humble opinion. If I knew how to add a picture to this forum it might be easier to understand what I mean

Edited on by Farmboy74

Farmboy74

JaxonH

@Farmboy74
I have the game on PS4. But I like this far better. Just like DOOM, it's a much classier boxart I think.

This boxart has that classic art style, which I think looks more timeless next to 3D models.

But, it's just boxart.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

The boxart for the Switch version of DQB is incredibly charming. Very old-school, which is fitting for a spinoff of an old franchise that is steeped in nostalgia and tradition.

Too bad my interest in the game itself is so limited.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Farmboy74

Yeah it's just box art, but it won't stop me double dipping!

Farmboy74

Ryu_Niiyama

Is anyone having issues with the left joycon stick tracking with no input? I'm noticing in stardew that it will keep highlighting menu items even when I don't move it. Granted I've not seen it do this with my other games....

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Kimyonaakuma

@Tsurii Was it really THAT bad!? I thought it was okay but it focused more on the Zelda theme than the actual track.

I think if they actually focused on one Zelda game in particular the track could have been better but the generic theme with the track design made an average course. Not worth leaving Mario Kart for in my opinion but it seems to affect some more than others

Kimyonaakuma

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii BotW proves that MK8 is Zelda canon though!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic