Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,401 to 20,420 of 69,981

skywake

@MegaTen
I think part of the slump recently has been because these are still relatively expensive devices but they're losing rather than gaining features. Or at least features people actually care about. When people brought a PS2 they were also getting a DVD player and at the time that was possibly their only DVD player. When people got the 360 it was a HD media centre PC which was great because people were buying HDTVs and had no HD content.

Now? These consoles continue to try and sell themselves as TV guides, PVRs, BluRay player and general media consumption boxes. But nobody cares anymore. I'd argue that's why there's a bit of a slump, it's as a result of the console makers not catching up to what consumers wanted. They just want something that does games well and they don't want to pay extra for stuff that doesn't make the games better. Now that the console makers have worked that out I think it'll correct itself.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

skywake

And while I'm in the mood to do pointless graphs. Console marketshare by brand over the generations. Again, home consoles only but the Switch is included because otherwise the graph doesn't make much sense.
Untitled

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Octane

@KirbyTheVampire DOOM was â‚Ŧ15 on PS4 last time I checked a local store. But the game sounds way too stressful, at least the no safe zones part. Maybe some day I'll get to play it...!

Octane

MFD

@MegaTen "I flocked to the PC for a while, but that wasn't really a good enough alternative for me." If you don't mind my asking, as someone who divides his time between PC and Switch, what set you off about PC? PC as a platform has been gaining a lot of games that used to be console only.

MFD

Spoony_Tech

@Octane The no safe zones isn't true. When you enter a new area sure there's usually some demons then a horde but once you clear that horde then you're free to explore the area freely. It's often your actions that bring the horde so even then you bring it when you are ready. At least that's my experience so far. For that price you should really check it out.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

My Switch won't turn on, it says low battery, but it's connected to the charger. Anyone know what to do?

@Spoony_Tech I'll see if I can find a good deal on Black Friday then! I'm not in a hurry, and the price may drop even more, or maybe I'll buy it as part of a ''x many games for x price'' deal.

Octane

OorWullie

@Octane Try holding down the power button for 12 seconds, that usually fixes things. If that doesn't work, disconnect the cables from the dock, do the same with the power button, plug the cables back into the dock and then pop the Switch into the dock. It should come on then.

I let the battery run right down one time and had Issue getting it to turn on. Unplugging the dock got it working again for me.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

KirbyTheVampire

@Octane Huh, that is a pretty good price. I'll have to think about getting that at some point, then.

KirbyTheVampire

gcunit

@Octane Just be patient, leave it charging for 10 minutes or so.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@OorWullie Did everything and it worked... weird though, not sure what was going on.

Octane

Linkus

I bought a Switch today and I have a question. I also have a Wii u with a Nintendo account. I tried to log into it on the Switch but it didn't work. Is it a new kind of account which means my old one wont work and I have to set up a new one? Or is it a good idea to idea to use my Google account? I also have the same Nintendo account on my 3ds.

Linkus

Haruki_NLI

@Linkus Read the instructions...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

@Linkus Or you could DIY. Google is your friend.

Look. Its a new account. You create it and can link your social media stuff and the account from your Wii U/3DS.

Your new Nintendo Account will track your Switch purchases, get you MyNintendo rewards from mobile/game purchases on any platform, and can merge any funds remaining in your Wii U/3DS account into your Switch account as well as see potential friends that have a Switch that are in your mobile/3DS/WiiU friends lists.

You do this by going to a website and registering and linking either Facebook or Twitter allows you to share stuff from your Switch album.

There. Now you know. For future reference Nintendo has websites dedicated to explaining this.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Account/Nintendo-...

And one day maybe people will be able to function independently.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Linkus

Then what's the point with forums if you can't ask questions and is told to google it? I did google it first but didn't find the answer so spare me comments like that!
Anyway, thanks for your help!

Linkus

GrailUK

@BLP_Software Asking if you are stuck is nothing to be ashamed of. You had a bad day or something?

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Haruki_NLI

@Linkus You didnt find the site? Odd. Does your region not have specific sites?

@GrailUK Trust me if youve seen my day on Twitter or on my site looking at those metrics with people telling you its crap and people will go to other people who are established with personality over "your dull ass", youd be very much in a mood to not help people.

But thats depression and being kicked down wheneber you open your mouth in a nutshell. I apologise

GrailUK

@BLP_Software Eek. That would make me depressed too! But on the other hand...they don't sound like people that I want to kowtow to

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

JaxonH

@Linkus
Never mind him. There's nothing wrong with asking for help.

Nintendo Account is a new account. But when you set it up, it will give you the option to link it to your NNID from Wii U. Just search for Nintendo Account online and sign up there. That account will also let you sign into MyNintendo for rewards, although there isn't really much of note. But check it out, you might find something you like.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

So, in addition to Mutant Mudds Collection and Monster Hunter XX, the new Stardew Valley patch will also add video recording.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic