Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,361 to 20,380 of 24,608

JaxonH

Who likes SNES Classics? Get em while they're hot people

https://m.gamestop.com/product/snes/consoles/super-nes-classi...

@Operative2-0

Um, there actually is a proper account system now. All your purchases are tied to your Nintendo Account and can be accessed on any system. Not at the same time, but the days of games being tied to hardware are long gone.

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

MisterPi

@JaxonH Yep, I know, but does it still not require a phone call to Nintendo?

MisterPi

DarthNocturnal

@Operative2-0

Pretty sure it's all handled by an on-console license system.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH It says unavailable online....

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MisterPi

No, I mean, if you lose your Switch, don't you still need to contact Nintendo? If not, then nice. If so, then my point stands.

MisterPi

JaxonH

@Operative2-0

If you lose any system you'll likely need to call the console manufacturer. Otherwise somebody's going to be accessing your account.

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
Yikes that went quick! It was live when I posted. Holy moly.

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

MisterPi

Hm, I believe you can just deactivate other consoles via a new PS4, I believe you can even do it online and deactivate them through your account. Not sure about Xbox. Plus, that's if its stolen, not broken. So my point still stands. No digital games for me, then.

Edited on by MisterPi

MisterPi

Tsurii

@Operative2-0 @JaxonH

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the last update add the ability to just sign in with a Nintendo account on any system and have it transfer your account like that? I think you actually talked about that a while ago, Jax?

But even then, if the support in NA is anything like the dude I got in the support chat today it's a matter of, like, 5 minutes to unlink your account from lost/broken/stolen (sigh) Hardware and it doesn't actually cost anything.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

JaxonH

@Tsurii

No. It's always been like that. But you need to deactivate your primary system first before you can activate another. Which for 99% of scenarios is perfectly doable from the system. In theory it is possible to have your system lost or stolen, and in that situation you would need to contact Nintendo but honestly, given the statistical likelihood of that happening and the fact that even if it did happen a 10 minute phone call is all it would take to rectify the situation (which is likely no more time than googling how to deactivate a console online and searching forums and getting confused, which you can see is pretty commonplace if you search PS4 online deactivation), I don't really see it as an issue... But that's just me.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

MisterPi

I wonder, with all this QOL updates, if they'll go back on what they said during the Wii U and offer a way to stream content

MisterPi

OorWullie

@Ralizah Cheers, SMT may be the first
turn based RPG where I actually enjoy the combat instead of trying to avoid it then.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

kkslider5552000

IceClimbers wrote:

Any excuse for more people to play VVVVVV is a good thing. One of the best games I bought on 3DS.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

JaxonH

Ya, VVVVVV is a classic.

Now, back to Fire Emblem Warriors or should I progress a little farther in Nights of Azure 2... I thought I'd just toss the game in and check it out real quick, and I ended up playing for like 2-3 hours today before I finally forced myself to pack it up to make time for FE Warriors.. Guess that should tell me the game is pretty good. And it is, too, because it started to open up a whole lot right before I paused it. It really, really feels like a Tales game. Except way more addictive.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

NintenerdCentral

The irony of this whole Switch anniversary, is that my birthday was the 20th yet I still do not have a Switch. Can I get a R.I.P. in the chat?

Signed by the one and only Nintenerd guy. Hype is real for Pokemon Ultra!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus is Lord.
I still need to get a switch.

Caldorosso-E

Hmm, I may try and get Cave Story... (slaps) NO. NO MORE. whimpers

NintenerdCentral wrote:

The irony of this whole Switch anniversary, is that my birthday was the 20th yet I still do not have a Switch. Can I get a R.I.P. in the chat?

Rest in Pepperoni.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM
-Verified Cheese Aficionado and Abecedarian Author-

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH Will you stop selling that game on here, I have enough to buy without adding yet another game. 😛

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech

Which one... Fire Emblem Warriors, or Nights of Azure 2?

You don't have to add another game... yet. Start with Fire Emblem and get NoA2 later 😃 See, I can be reasonable

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH I actually don't want Fire Emblem, it's the other game you keep praising I need to look into.

MERG said:

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic