Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,261 to 20,280 of 22,289

rallydefault

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Octane

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/n...

• As a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.
  • You have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.
  • We also have heard some players are looking for a way to play where all players will have the same set of Star Cards with flattened values.

They say all that, dude, but rarely does it play out that way. Most of us posting here have been around the block a few times and played quite a few games: that post-beta stuff is just PR talk and literally mostly just "stuff." At the bottom of the pile still lies a game close to release that EA wants to sell millions and millions of copies of: they're going to tell us anything we want to hear at this point.

I played the beta. Wicked fun gameplay. Much better than the first. Graphics are absolutely amazing. It's a Star Wars fan's dream. But I ain't buying it. Loot boxes are the modern bane of gaming and they need to go away. Micro transactions of all forms in games that have a sticker cost need to go away. Either make the game free-to-play and go wild with the micro transactions, or charge the consumer a flat price with the possibility of large, major expansion packs down the line. But 1.99 here and there in a game I already paid 60 bucks for is stupid and greedy and needs to die out.

Didn't buy Shadow of War either even though I'm one of the biggest Tolkien fans I know and freakin' LOVED Shadow of Mordor. Pains me a bit, but I'm stickin to my guns. Also didn't buy Destiny 2 even though I like the gameplay. I just won't stand for this crud anymore. (side note: I hear Destiny 2 sales are a bit disappointing? not sure if true - just forum fodder I saw somewhere else)

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

JaxonH

@rallydefault

Same. Huge Tolkein fan since having The Hobbit read to me every night when I was 6 years old. Not buying Shadow of War. Huge Star Wars fan (who isn't, right?). Not buying Battlefront II. Not buying Destiny 2.

Microtransactions, loot boxes, mandatory persistent online connections, entire $60 games built around nudging you to constantly spend more money...

Homie. Don't. Play that.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
Switch: Skyrim, LA Noire, DOOM, Rocket League
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
PS4:
PSVR: Skyrim VR
Vita:
X1:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

DarthNocturnal

I'll just wait to see if what they say is true. Maybe it will be, maybe it won't be... maybe it will be in part. And I've “been around the block“ myself. I've been disappointed..... but also pleasantly surprised. I guess being pessimistic has an advantage.

I guess I see it as the lesser of two evils. Season passes often feel mandatory, loot crates aren't. One splits a playerbase, the other mostly splits opinions. They can “nudge“ all they want, I'm not buying them (with real cash, anyway). I'm not forced to pay extra to play all the content that matters. With a season pass, you are.

Shadow of War is rather odd though.... loot crates in single player? I hope any major expacs are free....

Always online for single player needs to die though. That I agree with.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Octane

@rallydefault Destiny 2's sales are down by 50% compared to the first game (reportedly), but the game still sold millions anyway. If it was EA, Bungie would've been dissolved.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

DOOM is now in the coming soon section on the UK eshop with a price of £49.99 (the same price as most Switch games) if anyone was wondering.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

@sanya_exe Good, do you now want to delete your rated R tweet lol!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MsJubilee

@rallydefault The weirdest thing about all these loot boxes. They're always in games that will succeed regardless. Shadow of war was gonna sell,it has a fanbase that loved the first one and Star Wars. Well anything with the name Star Wars will make money. So it's pure greed at this point and it's sad to see people defend all these practices. But that's modern gaming for you.

I've died. There is no more me

Crack Down 3 runs at 30 frames "The best frames no compromises" Halo Wars 2 runs 22 and below on Xbox One X "It's a monster" AC origins runs at 30 FPS on the Xbox One X "The most powerful console ever"

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: TwilightAngel9

FragRed

@MsJubilee Yep, just look at how the media sometimes defends it - especially certain big sites out there. They often side on what the publisher says that it's due to the increasing costs in development and marketing of games. If it was the case then that $3.5 billion Activision made in a single year just from loot boxes and micro transactions alone would significantly cover any development costs for the next few years.

FragRed

erv

I don't like it either, yet if they make that much money then there's a market for them. I wouldn't leave that money on the table either.

However, I'm not sure how much brand damage can be quantified out of this. Because if the more loyal customers and buyers of your games stop thinking highly of you, that might cost you more in the long run, with a solid base of people no longer being vocal in their support.

So who knows? But I don't like the in game purchases, and I don't like that there are apparently enough people ok with them for these businesses to exist.

At least I'm not alone in this sense.

The anatomically awesome evello is bringing the fame and glory!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Inertiacreep

This generation of games with all the dlc and microtransactions can be blamed on the millennials.. [removed]. I don't spend my money on these things because i want them to end... the only things i find acceptable are free to play games and games that offer real expansion packs like the witcher 3. Like blizzard always did with their games. But if a company tries to nickel and dime me ill try to steal from them the same they try to steal from me.

[sub]@Inertiacreep Mind your language,
you've broken the rules quite a few times already - Octane[/sub]

Edited on by Octane

Inertiacreep

Spoony_Tech

@Octane So that word you removed in that context was a bad word? He didn't refer to anyone as being that.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Scrummer

@Spanjard Oh yeah.
Skyrim for people who love... Well, Skyrim.
L.A. Noire for people who love mystery.
Resident Evil for those who love horror/TPS'.
And Rime for people who like Open world games.

That's gonna be an awesome week for Switch TBH.

Scrummer

Octane

@Spoony_Tech It can be offensive in some countries, but this wasn't the first time he broke the rules. Anyway, if he has a problem with the edit, he can contact us directly.

Octane

OorWullie

Seems we're getting a demo for Heros of the Monkey Tavern soon. It says demo available on its shop icon, I thought that meant it was available now but sadly not.

Also there's going to be a big Halloween sale which runs from the 24th through to the 2nd November. Looking forward to see what games will be included in that.

Edited on by OorWullie

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

Azooooz

Today marks a year of the reveal of Nintendo Switch, which was know back then as "NX".

Edited on by Azooooz

"Knowing your enemy is the key to victory" Snake - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

"Knowing your stomach is the key to end hunger" Azooooz - Nintendo Life

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Lroy

@OorWullie A Halloween sale on the Switch eShop? Cool. Guess I'll have to find some spare pennies to spend somewhere, lol! Where was this announced?

Let's be Switch friends: add me 3127 6508 1219.

SuperJoon

Went and got my Wife a Switch today, walked out the shop with Neon Switch, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8, Zelda, Mario/Rabbids and a case for £299.

Error on the tills put 2 of the games through for 1p each. Said they would honour it for me, but took the 2 games off the shelves while they fixed.

Cashier asked me "You don't mind paying 1p for a game do you??" I told her she was driving a hard bargain. haha!!

I felt like I was robbing the place at that price

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Lroy

@SuperJoon Wow! That is an incredible deal. Been pondering about getting a second Switch and a second copy of Splatoon 2 (for the wife) myself a lot recently. She constantly wants to play it when Grizzo hiring is on for Salmon Run. Where did you manage to buy yours from if you don't mind me asking? I know I won't get games for 1p but even still you seem to have gotten a terrific price for the actual system and a game, case etc.

Let's be Switch friends: add me 3127 6508 1219.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic