Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,261 to 20,280 of 69,981

Nintendoforlife

Nicolai wrote:

@Nintendoforlife
Oh, I didn't realize. That's a little strange, considering Mario Odyssey released right at midnight.

Well for big releases it appears right at midnight. But lesser releases obviously do not have the same hype levels, which in turn allows them to be released pretty much whenever.

Nintendoforlife

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
It's not about "bragging rights" It's about the fact I love this series more than you and more than most. And even I'm not continuing to complain months after the fact. If anyone were to be justified in complaints it's me. If even I've moved on so can you.

World is not coming. Period. Accept it for what it is. MHXX may or may not come. But if it does it'll be next year. But either way, complaining about it is getting old. If you want it that bad, import. The system is region free, and many of us here can help with any issues.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

StuTwo

@JaxonH it's off topic and I'm not a mod but come on Jaxon - that's not a very nice word to use. In the U.K. The Spastics Society changed their name years ago because the word (and forms such as you used above) has been used so often as a blunt insult.

I'm sure you didn't mean to use it in a nasty way but still you're much better than that.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

JaxonH

@StuTwo
??

I have no idea what you're talking about

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

@JaxonH I find it funny how you say something that is 100% subjective as if it's objective, and putting yourself as some grand example of the MH fans, someone to state that what he is, everyone should be. I'm quite sorry, but that's just outright disrespectful. Everyone is different, people view things differently, and they will react to things differently. I'll buy World, I'll play it on my PC eventually, but that won't stop me from remembering that there's people that love the franchise for their portability, and can't access that right now, save for importing. That's not an option for everyone, not all people have the patience, the time, and the capability to get through a guide, constantly need to look up what everything is, just to play a game. That part above, takes the enjoyment out of it for me.

I want to be hunting monsters, not constantly looking through a guide to get an idea of base things that I already know in a different language. And before you go "Then you're not a true fan" read the above part on different thinking and different reacting again, consider that, then please refrain from going there.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

StuTwo

@JaxonH The word 'spazz' is very offensive here in the U.K. (although wiktionary suggests it isn't in the US):

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/spaz

It's not quite on a par with the N word or the P word here but it's not a million miles away.

StuTwo

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
It's not disrespectful unless you're looking to be offended. It's a real comparison that needs to be made.

And I get it. You want the game localized... So do I? But gosh dang man, it's been 3 months now. Way to long to still be complaining and not nearly long enough to know it won't be localized (And therefore too early to be complaining as if it's 100% for sure not happening).

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal @StuTwo

Here in the US it's very innocent word used quite often. Obviously I don't know every taboo word in every country of the world

MFD

@JaxonH Well, one has to consider that all the other times the games were localized, there wasn't a massive new entry in the franchise looming over it. Yes, it may very well be premature, but I can very well imagine that Capcom wants all Western eyes on World, and that localizing XX could distract from that, something they don't want to happen with all the effort and costs that went into World. Even if it is to come a while after the console versions, they'd probably wait after the PC version, which we don't even know when it comes out. Is it still worth it all that time later?

Edited on by MFD

MFD

StuTwo

@JaxonH well now you know one taboo word more!

Seriously though I'd imagine there's a decent likelihood that some people reading this would be very offended to read that word used casually (especially as an insult) even if your use of it was innocent.

Edited on by StuTwo

StuTwo

MFD

@StuTwo Reminds me of how the internet now loves to universally use "lul" as "lol" when, in Holland, it's both an insult, and a different word for what's down in the pants among men. Makes it so strange to read, and then consider it's meaning here.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
Idk, I'll take it whenever it comes. Obviously sooner is better but, it's out of our hands so, all we can do is wait and see.

IceClimbers

I'm surprised this site still hasn't reported on the third party sales success news from yesterday.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

StuTwo

@UmniKnight Woah. I never knew about that one. At least most Dutch people are really liberal otherwise the internet might seem like pretty filthy place!

StuTwo

JaxonH

I think that's why alot of people don't get the excitement.

Should compile a list of every single developer who has made a statement concerning Switch sales success, including all the indies who saw more sales on Switch than every other platform combined.

MFD

@MegaTen Might have to do with Kimishima being head of the company now. Just a thought. And one thing that's for sure, is that the they had to learn from Wii-U.

MFD

Octane

@JaxonH I think I've told you before it has a different meaning in the UK. I've edited that word out of your posts more than once, I'm sure of it! Anyway, no worries, but please consider not using it again.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
If you have you didn't tell me about it. I'm sure of that.

Spoony_Tech

@UmniKnight @MegaTen I think him having spent so much time in the west when he was running NoA really gave him insight as to what the western market needs and wants.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

-Green-

Never even knew that was a big nono word in the U.K. I commonly use it over here.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic