Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,261 to 20,280 of 26,176

OorWullie

@Lroy I saw it on the news tab. It says there will be a Skela-tonne of games on offer so I guess that means a fair few.

@SuperJoon That's superb. Wish stuff like that would happen to me haha.

Switch Profile name - Mr Mustard

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Lroy

@OorWullie rubbing hands with anticipation - (looks forlornly at empty wallet) Ha! Ha!

Let's be Switch friends: add me 3127 6508 1219.

SuperJoon

@Lroy - It was in Tesco, I also have staff discount so that helped a bit, think I was just lucky with the price and the tills messing up the bundle. It was meant to be Switch/Lego City/Lego Worlds for £299... Which still is a bargain in it'self, but they didn't have the 2 games in stock, so replaced them for me, which sent the tills doolally and priced the 2 games swapped for 1p each. Bargain!

@OorWullie I know I couldn't believe my luck when it went through at 1p... haha!

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Scrummer

@OorWullie Looks at near empty bank account Yeah I might be able to afford a game or two.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

rallydefault

@MsJubilee
Yea, I agree - a lot of these loot box games lately are "too big to fail." They're going to sell millions even if every copy comes with a smack to the face.

rallydefault

Eagle9

That anniversary thing have me think that i have 8 Switch games already, i play still mostly 3DS, not bad at all ^^

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.

SKTTR

New UK boxart for WWE 2K18.
Untitled

The second game that has this big white mandatory-download info on its front cover.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

JaxonH

It's bogus how they're just using 8gb carts. At the least they could go with 16gb, preferably 32gb.

Even so, I won't let it stop me from getting the game. NBA 2k18 turned out fantastic, to the point I'm obsessed playing it and I don't even follow sports.

Tis a shame, though.

NOW PLAYING
Switch: DQ Builders
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro: MH World, Shadow of the Colossus
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

DarthNocturnal

Hopefully this becomes less frequent if/ when the bigger game carts become cheaper. Although if the games themselves keep getting bigger....

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

KirbyTheVampire

That's gonna majorly bite Nintendo in the butt if it keeps happening. No way we continue to see this level of third party support in the years to come when people realize they need to buy extra stuff just to play games.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH I have a really strong feeling Nintendo is cutting a deal with Bethesda on the cost of the carts! I'm even willing to bet Nintendo requested Doom and Wolfenstein for the cost cut or was part of the deal. Either way I'm so excited Bethesda is on board! Now where's my Fallout?!

Oh and when the storage medium becomes as expensive or in this case more expensive then the cost of the whole system then we have a problem. At least ober the life of the system.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OorWullie

Man I didn't realise it will take up an extra 24gb download space. Any game that takes that approach will be getting a pass from me, not that I was interested in WWE 2K18 anyway. I would like to play RE Revelations 2 though but unfortunately it'll be getting a pass from me. I can't bring myself to archive a game I've paid money for. Even if I could, my internet isn't great, so anytime I fancied playing it again I'd be waiting a long time to re-download it.

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
I was talking about 2K, not Bethesda. DOOM is using a 16gb cart, and offers the full single player and arcade experience out of the box. Only MP has to be downloaded.

But with NBA 2K18 and WWE 2K18, the games are like 30gb each and only use 8gb carts. You can do Play Now out of the box in NBA but that's it. I mean don't get me wrong, the game is incredible and having it on Switch is legit, but it's so aggravating to have a 20gb download on a physical purchase.

Definitely gonna need a 256gb microSD if you wanna make it through this generation. I'm not even sure my 400gb will make it, but I'll upgrade again when 512gb release and one final time at the end of the generation when 750gb cards release.

NOW PLAYING
New 3DS:
PSVR:
Vita:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

OorWullie

It's like they thought, well it won't fit on a 16gb card anyway so we might as well just put it on a 8gb card, pass the cost onto the buyer and make more profit for ourselves.

DarthNocturnal

I'm just hoping that it's mostly games I won't even care about (like sports), and that I'll just need something like 128GBs. Skyrim doesn't need it, and I kinda doubt Fallout 4 will be any different. And Nintendo devs are space efficiency wizards, so I'm not too worried about 1st party games.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH I knew what you were talking about. What I'm saying is the deal is with Bethesda and them alone and that's why you see 2K cheating out with 8gb cards and passing the rest to us. It makes Bethesda look better in our eyes that they're using a bigger card when in fact I think they're getting a deal to bring these games over whereas 2K is not.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SKTTR

They're clearly after the profit. The question is why even bother putting the game on a 8GB cartridge? Why don't they buy a small 1GB cartridge or even better, a 1MB cartridge with just the installer on it?

I can easily pass on these sports games, but if something like this happens to the Switch versions of big games like L.A. Noire, DOOM, Skyrim, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Super Mario Odyssey I get mad.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

GrailUK

Sorry 2K. That is not a physical copy of the game. Couldn't they have made the Gold Edition or whatever they are called on a bigger cartridge and ditch the game currency? Would have been more appropriate for Switch owners.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

JaxonH

@GrailUK
This. I would have LOVED to see the Legend Gold on a 32gb cart. But... that would have been insulting to everyone else. "So I gotta pay $150 for the full game to come on the cart like it already should?" Ya, it woulda been bad.

@Spoony_Tech
Oh, gotchya. Ya Idk, but thankfully all Nintendo's games (And tbh, most 3rd party games) are complete on the cart.

It's an aggravation, but dang if NBA 2k18 isn't a fantastic game. It's worth it. As long as you have a micro SD card (and practically everyone should invest in one) it's a non-issue. Just annoying.

Nintendo needs to make 24gb carts for games like DOOM that are larger than 16gb but less than 32gb, which cost significantly more I imagine.

NOW PLAYING
New 3DS:
PSVR:
Vita:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic