Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,221 to 20,240 of 26,391

Spanjard

“We will wait for sales of Fifa18”

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Star Wars Battlefront 2 uses the Frostbite Engine. EA couldn't get FIFA 18 running on it(or did they even try?) so getting a game like this on the Switch would be much more difficult. EA say they built a custom engine for FIFA which was closer to XB360 than the next generation consoles. FIFA is very different from Star Wars and I doubt that engine could be used here.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

OorWullie

I doubt I would even bother with Star Wars Battlefront 2 if it did come to Switch. I played the original after all my mates had harped on about it for ages and thought it was crap. Just another one of those over hyped games. Same goes for Destiny. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. I'm really happy with the Bethesda support as those are the kind of games I have been missing as a Nintendo gamer.If I could choose just one game from the other consoles that I'd love to see on the Switch it would be The Witcher 3.

Switch Profile name - Mr Mustard

The Nintendolife Leaderboards

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Azooooz

@SLIGEACH_EIRE They said the Switch can run frostbite engine, but when they were making a Switch version of Fifa 18, they decide not to use Frostbite engine for it. I say they didn't even try.

"Knowing your enemy is the key to victory" Snake - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

"Knowing your stomach is the key to end hunger" Azooooz - Nintendo Life

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Azooooz

@sanya_exe

And my TV's speakers are old and crapping out.

Yep, that's maybe the problem.

"Knowing your enemy is the key to victory" Snake - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

"Knowing your stomach is the key to end hunger" Azooooz - Nintendo Life

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

DarthNocturnal

SWBF1 was alright, but it definitely had a lot of missed potential. It didn't stop me from enjoying it, but it was flawed in more then a few ways.

2 is improving a lot of the gameplay and other mechanics (like, no more token pickups). I think it'd be great if it came to Switch.

I'll still be wanting my XB1 copy in the meantime, however.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

OorWullie

Talking of external speakers, I was considering buying a set of small ones for playing in tabletop mode. Either Bluetooth ones with a Bluetooth transmitter dongle plugged into the Switch or wired ones. I assumed this wouldn't be an issue but when I had a search online, I read someone saying not to use external speakers as it can damage the Switch. I find that hard to believe but its possible I suppose. Anyone else used external speakers for handheld/tabletop?

Edited on by OorWullie

Switch Profile name - Mr Mustard

The Nintendolife Leaderboards

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

DarthNocturnal

@Octane

The beta's progression was different from what the final game's will be. And even if there are some issues at launch, that's what balance adjustments are for. Go read the post-beta “thank you“.

I get the dislike for gameplay-impacting items being found in lootcrates (and cosmetic-only or no, I'm not paying real money for any of them), but throwing money at the game isn't going to aim your blaster for you.

EDIT: Better “Loot Crate: Battlefront 2“ then “$70 Season Pass: Battlefront 2'.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Scrummer

So, looking ahead into early November, we have 5 games releasing:
Farming Simulator
Sonic Forces
Heroes of the Monkey Tavern
Doom
Snipperclips Plus (Technically DLC, but it's a physical release so I'm counting it.)

This is nice because there's something for everyone. Farming Simulator for people who like laid-back games, HOTMT for people who like RPG's/Dungeon crawlers, Sonic Forces for people who like platforms, Snipperclips for people who like Co-op/puzzle games, and Doom for people who like FPS'.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Octane

@DarthNocturnal It doesn't. But I just dislike the way they handle everything. If you spend an extra €60 day one on loot boxes, you have a massive advantage. The way the game shows your opponent's (legendary) star cards whenever they kill you... yuck... Doesn't feel like I'm buying a game anymore, feels more like an expensive gambling machine made to make EA more money.

I was looking forward to a single player Star Wars campaign, but I'll be skipping one. All of my friends were burned by the first game, and none of them are getting this one. At least I have EA's other single player Star Wars game to look forward too! ...oh wait, never mind.

Octane

Spanjard

@Scrummer Don’t forget Skyrim. Nor L.A. Noire... and Resident evil... RIME.

Edited on by Spanjard

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

DarthNocturnal

@Octane

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/n...

• As a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.
  • You have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.
  • We also have heard some players are looking for a way to play where all players will have the same set of Star Cards with flattened values.

Grumblevolcano

I think eventually all the massive 3rd parties will use the new Activision patent tactic in their multiplayer games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KirbyTheVampire

No loss for me if we don't get Battlefront 2. It basically looks like Battlefield 1: Star Wars Edition.

That seems to be a problem with shooters lately. It's hard to come up with new gimmicks to separate your game from the rest. Maybe I just think that because most shooters bore me, aside from stuff like Splatoon 2 and PUBG.

KirbyTheVampire

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic