Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,221 to 20,240 of 22,260

Octane

@rallydefault Nope, not that I'm aware of at least! I've been lucky I guess.

@BLP_Software As always, you make it sound way more convoluted than it is in real life. You can change the settings on your PS4, you can record anywhere from 30 seconds to up to an hour. Double tap the share button to start recording. You can also press the share button, and since the PS4 always keeps footage of the last 15 minutes you played, you can pick, choose and trim the video you want to share (provided it happened within the last 15 minutes). The latter option is handy for if you want to share something that has just happened, whereas the regular record settings can be used for Let's Plays or walkthroughs I'd imagine.

The only downside is that the PS4's video quality is limited to 720p, 30fps, but the same is true for the Switch.

Octane

rallydefault

@Octane
Yes, very lucky lol

I've had all my systems crash on me, all the way back to NES. SNES, N64, PS1/2,4 Xbox 360/One... yup lol

rallydefault

Operative2-0

My ps4 randomly crashes during some games. No warning or symptoms, just a blue error screen before getting kicked to the home menu. Always wondered what caused them specifically

Operative2-0

Octane

@rallydefault I own a bunch of bootleg GameBoy games that used to crash once in a while, but it was always the games, never the system. My old PC crashed a few times back in the day, but I truly believe this is the first time it happened with a gaming console.

Octane

YummyHappyPills

@Octane I can tell you PS4 Share is NOT used for LPs because of "Sharing has been disabled in this scene".

And its nice to know thats how it works. Sad I need to change settings but they dont really explain this. All a bit too convoluted to be usedul and their HDCP is limiting beyond that. I know its a game by game basis but come on.

You know, maybe me making things more complex than needed and you explaining them, is a sign this stuff isnt very well explained by the companies.

And I dont always make things more complex than they are. I actuay program things in less ckmplex ways than others

Bro. My Wii U crashed. My 3DS has crashed. My Switch games have crashed. My PS4 often fails to send a HDMI signal on boot. It crashes like nuts as does my PS3.

TBH in upgrading my capture card Ive discovered another reason I wamt to smack Sony.

New card does no latency 1080p 60fps. HDMI only input.

PS3 has HDCP you cant disable.

Edited on by YummyHappyPills

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Octane

@BLP_Software Well, I know people use capture cards, but it's there, that's all I'm saying. And yes, some games don't work, that depends on the publisher. I assume the same will be true for the Switch once they expand the recording feature beyond the current four games. That's not really an issue of the PS4 or Switch.

Well, if you want to features and functionality, it's going to get more complex. The Switch uses a simpler system, but you cannot change the amount of time you record, you cannot record in advance, etc. That's always going to be the case. But you know, the internet exists (manuals are redundant these days), and everything is explained on PlayStation forums, and on countless other sites. It took me less than a minute to learn all of this, so I don't see the problem.

Octane

YummyHappyPills

@Octane I imagine Switch has to record this way out of necessity. It only has 1GB of RAM at most for OS stuff. Thats not a lot.

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Operative2-0

I'm fine with 30 second clips, but I always imagined, even in the wii u days, that short clips like that would have been perfect for miiverse uploads. I'm gonna miss that place

Operative2-0

NaviAndMii

Kind of frustrating that it's only available for select first-party titles - hope it gets a wider roll-out before too long...

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 Switch 🎮

Currently Playing (Online):

PS4: GT Sport (DR: D, SR: S)

Switch: Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 46, RM: A-, SZ: B+, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCat★

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

Hughesy

Just had a weird bug, the screen wasn’t very bright. Auto was off and it was on max, but it was like when you leave it for a while and the screen dims. Thankfully after putting it to sleep and then back on it was back to normal. Not sure if the new update is the cause, or it’s just a random thing.

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Statement from NOA regarding sales.

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In September, the Nintendo Switch system was once again the top-selling current-generation console hardware, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. This marks the third straight month that Nintendo Switch has been No. 1, and the fifth time overall in the seven months since its launch. Nintendo Switch has already surpassed 2 million units sold in the U.S. alone, and has yet to go through its first holiday shopping season.

When combined with the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and the plug-and-play Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system, Nintendo systems claimed two-thirds of the month’s total video game hardware sales.

Nintendo Switch games again occupied multiple spots in the list of best-selling individual games of the month, including Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle from Ubisoft at No. 7, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at No. 10 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at No. 11. Also, the Metroid: Samus Returns game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems debuted at No. 8.

Nintendo Switch aims to continue its momentum into the holidays, with the launches of Fire Emblem Warriors on Oct. 20, Super Mario Odyssey on Oct. 27, DOOM and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim from Bethesda Game Studios on Nov. 10 and Nov. 17, respectively, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Dec. 1. Additionally, Nintendo 3DS will see the arrival of Fire Emblem Warriors on Oct. 20, Mario Party: The Top 100 on Nov. 10, and Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon on Nov. 17.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Operative2-0

I'm glad they're doing well. I may not be happy with everything they do, but I'm so glad the Switch is thriving enough that we're getting stuff like DOOM. Here's hoping for an equally game packed 2018

Operative2-0

SKTTR

New eShop release dates:

2017.10.26 - 14,99€ - [DL] Splasher (Plug In Digital / Playdius / Splasher Team)
2017.10.26 - 14,99€ - [DL] Moon Hunters (Kitfox Games)
2017.10.26 - 4,99€ - [DL] Zombie Gold Rush (amazing Inc.)
2017.10.26 - 6,99€ - [ACA/NG] Mutation Nation (HAMSTER / SNK)

Is Moon Hunters the same game as the formerly announced Moon Hunters: Eternal Echoes or is this one the prequel?

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Nicolai

Oh nice, a Kass icon! That fits perfectly!

I found @Haru17: https://youtu.be/c0Xtv8OAvYU
...well it was Haru.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: EST (-5:00) - || - Splatoon 2 Rank: SZ A+ ::: TC S+0 ::: RM S

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

OorWullie

A new game has appeared in the coming soon section of the US Eshop and it looks right up my alley. It's only $9.99 too.

Heroes of the Monkey Tavern

https://youtu.be/LNvGEiPJ0sI

It seems the US Eshop staff have finally got their finger out and started to regularly update the coming soon section. The UK Eshop is a great source for finding out about new games, I check it every day. There's quite a few differences between the 2 as well so it looks like both are worth keeping an eye on from now.

Edited on by OorWullie

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

GrailUK

@OorWullie Game looks great but omg the game's icon is going to get some hate. (It's basically a badly drawn monkey!)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

OorWullie

@GrailUK How did you know that will be the icon? haha. I just had a search and yep,it looks bad.At least it's holding a pint,not that I drink but still.

Edited on by OorWullie

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic