Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,201 to 20,220 of 69,981

MFD

@MegaTen A strange word, "middle--range games" I heard people mention games like World of Final Fantasy, Chocobo Dungeon, or like Crystal Chronicles, or Final Fantasy Tactics in regards to that.

Something Final Fantasy on Switch would be nice, to come full circle. Final Fantasy Explorers on 3DS was quite fun, all things considered. I'd get that on Switch

MFD

Tobiaku

@Joeynator3000 Different people like different characters
As far as gameplay goes, Hibari was the one I was best at in Shoujotachi no shinei. Felt like she got a lot weaker in Burst. Or I just started to suck at the same game.

As for Square Enix, gimme a remake of Super Mario RPG Legend of the seven stars. (I know its very very unlikely.)

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Pazzo-TheFool

2018: Year of the Switch

Look Square, all we need is Bravely Third. I'll buy two copies.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

MFD

@MegaTen In that case, I think people will be pretty happy with SE's contribution to the Switch's line-up.

Also Square, Final Fantasy Tactics, I want it for 3DS or Switch, take your pick, I'll go with either.

MFD

antster1983

UmniKnight wrote:

Also Square, Final Fantasy Tactics, I want it for 3DS or Switch, take your pick, I'll go with either.

I'll go with that!

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

God, listen to you people. This is a €330 machine and you're talking about being fed the crumbs that fall from these developers tables. Em I'll have a new mainline Final Fantasy game please, enough of the B studio, spin-off and/or port lark. Or similarly big franchise from another developer. That goes for all the major publishers. Why should we eat beans on toast while they're eating steak next door? Switch games are €60, sometimes more and that's despite some of the games being weaker old ports. You could argue it's because next door is a michelin star restaurant while we're eating from a chip van.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Agriculture

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

God, listen to you people. This is a €330 machine and you're talking about being fed the crumbs that fall from these developers tables. Em I'll have a new mainline Final Fantasy game please, enough of the B studio, spin-off and/or port lark. Or similarly big franchise from another developer. That goes for all the major publishers. Why should we eat beans on toast while they're eating steak next door? Switch games are €60, sometimes more and that's despite some of the games being weaker old ports. You could argue it's because next door is a michelin star restaurant while we're eating from a chip van.

I agree. When they made GTA5 and MGS5 they released them on the last generation of consoles too, and the Switch is more powerful than them, so there is no reason why the latest game in a popular series shouldn't come to the Switch.

If Bethesda announce Elder Scrolls 6 and it's not coming to Switch, then I would be pissed off.

Agriculture

gcunit

Agriculture wrote:

I agree. When they made GTA5 and MGS5 they released them on the last generation of consoles too, and the Switch is more powerful than them, so there is no reason why the latest game in a popular series shouldn't come to the Switch.

If Bethesda announce Elder Scrolls 6 and it's not coming to Switch, then I would be pissed off.

Ridiculous. A couple of months ago Switch barely had any non-indie multi-plats on its lineup. Then Bethesda announce a couple of ports and you suddenly expect every new AAA.

My ignore list amnesty didn't last long.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

StuTwo

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

In the immortal words of the 20th century's greatest philosopher - words fit for the Buddha himself:

And don't spend your time lookin' around,
For something you want that can't be found.
When you find out you can live without it,
And go along not thinkin' about it,
I'll tell you something true,
The bear necessities of life will come to you.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Pazzo-TheFool

"Follow the Money"

Calling companies selfish because they don't do what we want is the essence of selfishness.

They have to sell you something, not provide charity for the darling Nintendites. Current gen games are coming, but they weren't because Nintendo punted the Wii U into the stands.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

IceClimbers

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

This type of attitude is exactly why AAA isn't sustainable and continues to get worse. A lot of the best games these days are mid-tier games, especially over the past year or two.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Yeah like the next Rockstar game that would make the most sense would be GTAV as it's essentially this gen's Minecraft. It has even recently become the best selling game of all time in the US.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Feel free to go play the spanning lineup of games on Wii U while we "settle" for the Switch lineup.

Switch is gonna be rockin it with games, and it's just starting to ramp up now. Nintendo alone is releasing enough new games to keep people busy gaming 24/7. Factor in all these 3rd party games too? DOOM and Skyrim and LA Noire and Wolfenstein 2 and Gear.Club (which looks incredible by the way, like a mini Forza Horizon- check out the new gameplay in the Gear.Club forum), Lost Sphear and Project Octopath Traveller and Dragon Quest XI, 3 new exclusive games from Bandai Namco (and I'm 100% confident we'll see Dark Souls trilogy and DB Fighter Z now, new Tales game is already announced and still have more One Piece coming), Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2, I'm betting we see Capcom start ramping up next year with a number of Switch games yet to be announced, and TakeTwo after the excellent NBA 2K18 (which, like practically every other 3rd party game exceeded their sales expectations) and WWE 2K18 and LA Noire, so I'm expecting GTAV which will be bigger than even Skyrim, Marvelous is ramping up with new Story of Seasons game and who knows what else, Ubisoft will be ramping up with that new Battle For Atlus game and Steep and I imagine tons more after their success on Switch, Koei Tecmo is already smashing it full tilt with Switch releases after the incredible FE Warriors and Nights of Azure 2 (and just by localizing the games they've already released in Japan we have 3 to 5 new titles to look forward to, not counting anything new they announce going forward which they will do), Platinum should be stocking us nice and proper with the last remaining 3rd party Wii U classics via Bayonetta Collection and Wonderful 101, and I'm sure they've got a new game in the works like Bayo3 or W102, NIS will be hitting it hard, heck I imagine even Activision will get on board by the end of next year.

It's been a total onslaught of games. Absolute crisis mode for our bank accounts lol. And it's going to get worse. Switch is about to see a stampede of 3rd party support. It will never have third-party support on par with other systems, but relative to past Nintendo consoles I think Switch is going to outdo them ALL. And thank God for that, because every single one of them will be HD portable.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

JaxonH wrote:

...because every single one of them will be HD portable.

Steady Eddie. I'm not sure LEGO Worlds can claim to be HD portable

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MFD

@JaxonH A ton of games overall, but manageable amounts for the genres their in. Well, unless you love platformers/fighters, then you'll be poor alright lol. Still waiting for the announcement as to what that Platinum game is, now that you mention them.

Still, I do feel you're TOO positive. It's great what the thirds are reporting on sales, and the Switch is selling well too, but they're not out of the woods yet.

MFD

zionich

I just got my Doom, L.A. Noire , Lego Marvel 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil, Xenoblade Chronichles 2 pre-ordered and paid off today and finally got Mario + Rabbids. I am ready for the holiday season!!

I did forget WWE 2K18 though =(

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Grumblevolcano

@UmniKnight Too positive, sure but I do see a lot of what @JaxonH has said happening. The main points I see as least likely are:

• Capcom support (The approach taken with MH World means they could just ignore Switch)
  • Activision support (I don't see CoD 2018 or Destiny 2 coming to Switch, outside of maybe Crash I think they will take the EA route)
  • Lots of exceeding sales expectations (Given the success of the Switch so far, devs are now more likely to set expectations way too high than too low)

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

@Grumblevolcano I think there will be a Call of Dudy. Didn't the Wii U get 2 of them. Even the Wii got like almost every version but downgraded. If the Switch is selling the Wii did then they almost have to.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
They are out of the woods. The year is almost over and Switch will have outsold Wii U in 12 months. Practically every third-party game is meeting or exceeding sales expectations- even sports games which traditionally have not done well on Nintendo consoles. Be it Capcom with USFII, Bandai Namco with DB Xenoverse 2, Tecmo Koei with FE Warriors, Ubisoft with Kingdom Battle, TakeTwo with NBA 2K18, Marvelous with Fate Extella, or any of the countless Indies who's sales have exceeded that of all other platforms combined...

Third parties are stepping up and committing support. They are allocating resources and they are revving up their Switch development. We made it... we made it. Our collective support has worked, 3rd party games have consistently been a success, and we are about to get inundated with support from these companies. Just look at how many games we got this year from 3rd parties... and this year was a "non committal test" year. Now just imagine how many more games we'll be getting after proven success and full commitment to the platform.

How is calling that for what it is being "too positive"? I'm not saying anything the third parties haven't said themselves: our games have sold great and we are now diverting resources to support the platform full steam ahead. That's what practically every third-party has come out and said this past week.

@Grumblevolcano
I do see Call of Duty coming. They brought not one but two CoD games to Wii U. Heck, even Vita got a Call of Duty game. Destiny is a no. But CoD is in the likely camp. They wanted to sit on the sidelines like everyone else and see if the platform was going to become another Wii U... which is now clear that is not the case. They'll bring it, of that I'm confident. They might outsource it to another studio ( which is what Bethesda has done) but that's totally fine.

I'm not sure if they'll bring much else besides that... but CoD is something they have historically brought to all platforms whenever possible. EA and Activision will probably be very hands off aside from a game or two. But that's OK because there's so many other developers out there and Nintendo bombarding us constantly with hit after hit. I certainly won't miss them. If they want to bring more games that's terrific and I'll gladly support anything good they bring but if not my money will just go to others who do support the system.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic