Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,021 to 20,040 of 32,446

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Violett Trailer - Nintendo Switch

"Dragged by her parents, a young and rebellious teenage girl – Violett, moves to an old spooky house in the middle of nowhere. Forced away from her friends and life in the city; she imagines how boring life in countryside will be: spending day after day, bored in her room with absolutely nothing to do. But what she cannot imagine, is that in just few moments, she'll have the adventure of her life."

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

rallydefault

I think Crash Trilogy would sell better on the Switch than it did on PS4. Honestly.

rallydefault

antster1983

Sony Music Entertainment of Japan have created a new label to publish indie games.

Untitled

The new label is called "Unties", and the press release says they aim to "dig up the masterpieces buried" in the current avalanche of indie titles "and support them so that more users notice and pick them up". The name comes from the idea of unrestraining "the excellent talents of unique game creators all over the world, setting creators free from the various shackles of game publishing, named from the intention of realizing publishing that is freedom of production without restraints".

Unties will publish games on multiple platforms. Their first release will be the Advance Wars-esque "Tiny Metal", which will be released worldwide on Switch, PS4 and PC on 21st November.

https://www.sme.co.jp/s/SME/pressrelease/detail/NEWS00770?ima... (in Japanese)

Edited on by antster1983

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

antster1983

Just when you though game titles couldn't get ridiculous, along comes "Heroes of the Monkey Tavern", a first-person dungeon crawler previously released on PS4 and PC. Now listed on the NA eShop for 7th November. Here's the description...

After countless days and nights celebrating within the infamous Monkey Tavern, our team of adventurers have spent every last penny… Their fates, however are about to change…

Like a gift from the gods, in walks a mysterious stranger who points them towards a high tower full of invaluable treasures.

It doesn’t take much more to rouse their thirst for adventure.

You will enjoy exploring a dungeon full of riddles, dangerous enemies and vicious traps.
And if luck favours…you will discover secret passages sheltering legendary weapons and armours.

Key Features:
– Dungeon exploration in grid-base movement
– 8 classes
– 3 difficulty levels
– 2 hours of intense music
– Static real time fights
– 22 different enemies, including 6 bosses
– Numerous traps and secrets
– More than 100 unique items

And of course, here's a trailer (most likely of the PS4/PC version, but you get an idea of the game from it):

Edited on by antster1983

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Octane

@rallydefault More than a few million? I'm doubtful. Crash is one of the better selling PS4 games this year, it even topped the UK charts for several weeks and it can still be found in the weekly best sellers lists. Crash is big in Europe. Not so much in the US, and Japan doesn't care about Crash at all. Meanwhile Europe is Nintendo's smallest market... so I can't see that happening.

Octane

electrolite77

@JaxonH

I'm expecting a port of Assassins Creed Rogue. From what I've heard it deserves a bigger audience.

Edited on by electrolite77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

DarthNocturnal

@electrolite77

I'm not sure what Ubisoft's plans are for the next 3 new AC games (well, the 2 after Origins), but after remastering the Ezio games for 2016, I could see them doing a “New World Collection“ for 2018, with a remaster of 3, Rogue, and Liberation HD (maybe throw in current-gen versions of IV).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

NaviAndMii

I'd buy the Ezio Collection in a heartbeat if they ported it to Switch! ..Brotherhood is by far and away my favourite AC game - but I never played II or Revelations - so having the complete set on Switch would be the perfect excuse to replay one of my favourite games and finally experience its prequel and sequel as well! Make it happen, Ubi!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Events | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal I agree, Unity taught Ubisoft the lesson to give extra time for new releases so filling in the gaps with remasters so that all Assassin's Creed games are playable on current gen makes sense.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snaplocket

@Octane Crash is actually pretty huge in Japan. there was even a manga about it published.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Octane

@Snaplocket Launch week sales were only 3% of the European numbers. <30,000, that's not good at all.

Octane

Knuckles-Fajita

My opinion on the Switch is flopping around like a fish out of water.

On one hand, I like the idea on paper. On the other, I don't. The openness of the system is a great boon, but it also hampers the experience through limiting the hardware out of necessity.

This isn't a system I can say if you only want portable or home gaming, buy it, because you buy two halves and only care about one. This is a system that only really works if you can use and appreciate both.

When I was at university and travelling a lot, I could do that. It fit in. Now, I barely leave the house, so why do I have it? It barely gets used.

Then we have the games. Looking back, it's a range of meh to decent titles.

Breath of the Wild is a game I can comfortably say was "Okay", but I don't ever really want to play it again. That's a literal one and done title. ARMS was fun, but nothing more than a distraction. Mario + Rabbids has boiled down to be quite boring. Splatoon 2 isn't holding me like the original, and I wish I knew why. A lot of the indie games are one and dones, or buy and regrets.

This is a system I think epitomises....just there. It's a thing. It exists. I'm actually moving back to playing on my PS4 more because I don't have a need for the features of this hardware anymore, and the games on their own lose their luster without that. Without the boon of OMG ITS PORTABLE, something like Breath of the Wild is just...an okay game.

And a lot of the third party games, sure, portability, but outside of that what is the experience? Pay more for a perfectly fine and playable version of a game, but be aware that it's actually not the best experience you could be having on your TV, but its the only experience in your hand.

I just...don't know what to think about this thing. It just exists.

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Why aren’t there more “Mature” games for Nintendo Switch?
Nintendo reportedly encouraging more adult fare but still won't create it.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/10/why-arent-there-more-m...

We were only discussing this here the other day, well sort of.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/nintendo_is_reported...

Nintendo could help sort out the lack of mature games on Switch themselves but won't get their hands directly dirty because of their reputation. Which is understandable I guess. But it would be interesting to see a mature Nintendo developed game.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

MisterPi

They should start with a bayonetta pack re release.

MisterPi

GrailUK

Dark Souls Trilogy early next year I reckon.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Knuckles-Fajita

Anyone else having this amazing problem with their Nintendo Switch? I undock it in Sleep mode and the screen is just blank. I can access the quick menu and say back to Sleep, but it doesn't work, then I lose access to the quick menu. So I bring up the main power menu, say Sleep Mode or Restart, nothing happen (And upon saying sleep mode is just freezes).

You have to hold Power for 12 seconds and force a shutdown. Just another problem for this system. And it keeps happening too.

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Ubisoft are releasing another game on Switch. Please contain your excitement.

UNO – Launch Trailer [US]

Who needs games like Assassin's Creed or The Crew 2? They have such a rich library and we get this.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

rallydefault

@Octane
World wide on the Switch? It would definitely sell a million quickly, and then, over time - I do think it could outsell what it did on the PS4.

Sony has seriously curtailed their platformer presence over the last decade. They used to have AMAZING platformers just like Nintendo: Jack and Daxter, Crash, Spyro, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, etc. But they've pretty much let all of those franchises turn to dust and have just been releasing remastered trilogies of them; nothing much actually new except for Ratchet and Clank (which did ok, but didn't really create headlines; it made a small splash at first, but seemed to sputter out after its first million. It barely passed 2 mil, and I don't think it'll ever do 3; compare that to Nintendo platformers where anything under 3 million would be considered REALLY disappointing. Even NSMBU sold like 6 million as did Super Mario 3D World, a platformer on a "dead" console even when it came out).

I just think the platformer market isn't on Sony machines anymore - they're still on Nintendo machines. Crash Remastered sold well, but they did an amazing marketing campaign for it, and everyone knows that name. So yea, it did well but I don't think it'll have legs on that console, and I think it would really STICK on the Switch.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Ralizah

Nintendo has flourished over the years without developing games that are overly dark and gruesome. The family-friendliness of their first-party content is a part of their identity, and one that shouldn't be lost in a world that becomes increasingly infatuated with hatred, ugliness, and violence.

With that said, they should absolutely welcome adult third party content on their system, and I'm happy to see them doing just that, as it diversifies the system's library and brings more people back into the Nintendo fold.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic