Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,781 to 19,800 of 69,995

Grumblevolcano

@BLP_Software Maybe many devs don't think 720p is acceptable even if it would give 60fps so as a result it's rarely given as an option.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano Its an option on most PC games.

What baffles me more is these games that go Pro Patches or X Patches...they don't get the same resolution changing functionality on the base models. Why? Its clearly not hard. Just add another resolution that's within range of the PS4 and Xbox One and do that if its so "Easy, cheap and quick" to make these patches at all like the platform makers say. Or do they not want a selling point for these refreshes to vanish?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Octane Sure thing, boss. Sorry for the trouble.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@Ralizah Hey, no problem! I hate it too when people talk about Cumberbatch, the profanity filter needs to be fixed

Octane

MFD

@Snaplocket Complains about Fates being from a vocal minority? Some rather prominent people have voiced their discontent with it though, and there have been rumours that people have been replaced of their position within Treehouse because of this. It's certainly not a consequence free happening.

Xseed and NISA's localizations may not be as "top notch" as Nintendo's are, but Nintendo frequently skimps on VA and their writing isn't always the perfection you make it out to be either. All the previous FE's have been rather bland so far I've red, to take an example.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

MFD

@Snaplocket 8-4? Hahaha it's ironic how you name them, and SO MANY people within the FE community gave them a hard time for doing the localization of Awakening, though personally, Awakening is my favourite.

@DarthNocturnal Well, that's a case of to each their own. They tried to avert that blandness with Fates, though arguably it went into too much the opposite direction (Isanah anyone?)

That said, I look forward to what they can do with the Switch FE, having gotten a good taste of models and interactions via FE:W.

@UmniKnight Mind your language - Octane

Edited on by MFD

MFD

SLIGEACH_EIRE

BLP_Software wrote:

Well didn't this devolve into a hot topic we will never see the end of. Watch, as it spins in circles tirelessly everytime someone breathes.

Anyway, anyone expecting XC2 amiibo to be announced?

No, hopefully not. There weren't any for XCX. It's a more adult orientated game and they wouldn't want crap like that, well I don't. Sure Bayonetta got an amiibo but that was for Smash Bros. She didn't get a line for her own game. Yes she predates Smash but only by a couple of months but many other got amiibo support added in post release and their own figure, e.g Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, even got a Collector's Edition.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

FX102A

@BLP_Software Divided on this one.

Love the Xenoblade sub-series and wouldn't mind some figures.

On the other hand, I'm not in a position to chuck £22 minimum (I'm assuming if they do it'll be at least 2 figures) towards them.

I'll meet it half way and say only if they release them after Christmas.

FX102A

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Therad wrote:

I haven't seen any TV ads for switch. But that is because I never look at ordinary TV.

I have seen ads in the cinema though.

Went to the cinema a load of times over the summer and didn't see any there either.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

JaxonH

The mid gen upgrades may not appeal to everyone, but I think it's a stretch to infer there's no value at all or to question why anyone would buy them.

For one, PS4/X1 is worth owning, mid gen upgrade or not. There's just so many games- and regardless of whether or not they are exclusive they are good games, and people like to play good games. Simply saying "they're on PC" May be a perfectly fine rationale to skip out for some, but not everyone likes dealing with PC gaming. I for one have grown to despise it. Vibrations in the ground accidentally turn it on and out of sleep mode so I have to power it all the way off. 4K resolution incompatibilities with my TV, games pulling up a black screen and having to google search certain files to put in the installation folders and editing config files get a game past the launcher, certain games not having full gamepad support, no physical copies, DRM, etc. There are a lot of reasons I would rather buy a game on my PS4 Pro or Xbox One X than my PC.

And if you're going to buy one of those consuls why not spend the extra hundred dollars and get one that you know is going to deliver at least 1080p 60fps every time? Performance is really the only strength of these consoles, so why cheap out? And if you have a 4KTV, it seems silly to waste it on a cheaper model that doesn't output 4K games when you could be taking full advantage. And then there is the VR performance gained...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

@JaxonH
I'd argue that this slow killing off of the traditional console generation is a huge positive for the same reasons I've been more of a PC guy outside of Nintendo. If you're buying hardware today it better be today's hardware. And it's frankly a bit stupid that games are restricted to specific boxes even within the same brand.

There was a reason for this when architecture and spec changed rapidly between generations. Imaging how restricted the N64 would have to be to enable scaling down to the SNES! But these days? Fundamentally we're still playing the same games we did a decade a go just with more pixels per second. Likely we'll be doing the same a decade from now.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
Nothing is done on a system level- it's all done on a game by game, case by case basis.

There are a number of games on PS4 Pro that offer options. You'd have to Google which ones but I know there's some. And X1X will be the same. It's all up to the developers if they want to patch in optional modes, which I think they should because some people value 1080p/60fps while others want 1440p or 4k at 30fps.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

Octane wrote:

@Ralizah Hey, no problem! I hate it too when people talk about Cumberbatch, the profanity filter needs to be fixed

Yeeeaaah...
Now I get to be auto-reported. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano

Looks like Rayman Legends Definitive Edition has an update out now that fixes load time and framerate issues.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

@JaxonH
I love you, man, but seriously, your PC issues - exaggerate much?

99% of PC gaming these days is:
1. Open Steam
2. Purchase/install game
3. Launch game

rallydefault

JaxonH

@rallydefault

This is not exaggerating.

I have about 100 games in my steam list and at least a dozen of them that I know of that I had issues launching.

If it wasn't an issue as I said it was then I would be playing on PC more. The fact I never do now speaks for itself.

edit

And twice that amount with resolution incompatibilities, or forced to run in windowed mode. And then I have to toggle this option in a context menu but it makes all the menus on my TV the same size it would be on a PC monitor... except on a 55" TV. I have to get out of my chair and get a foot away from the TV just to see the words on the context menus...

It's a major pain in the butt. Between the whole thing not displaying in 4K without super micro windows and menus (emulator windows so tiny I can't even read the words when launching games), between my controller that acts as a mouse not working for administrator YES NO menus that pop up forcing me to grab a mouse from my recliner, and games that have issues displaying a black screen, or won't display full screen, or need certain compatibility settings changed or files added, between all that and the things mentioned before like constantly needing to power on every time I use it, constant updates every time I boot up Windows and the same 8 games like Counterstrike getting a new update every gosh dang time I boot STEAM...

Believe me it's just a royal pain in the rump. I quit buying games on STEAM cause I just stopped caring or wanting to deal with all this crap.

I love my PC my bro built for me, but it's just not for main gaming. I don't have the time or patience to deal with all that nonsense.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ralizah

I've never understood why some people seem to have all these issues. I've been playing on PC for years and have yet to find a game that didn't simply install and play.

I can't understand why someone would get Xbone X unless they're already deeply invested in the Xbox One ecosystem and really care about 4K. The fact that the Xbox brand has almost no exclusives left kills it for me. Also, if one is going for pure performance, it's not that difficult to build a computer that does laps around Microsoft's new console.

http://www.pcgamer.com/heres-how-microsofts-xbox-one-x-compar...

Consoles are all about convenience and exclusives, which is why the Switch is, far and away, my favorite console, as it offers me something my PC never could: console quality gaming wherever I am in the most convenient form.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pazzo-TheFool

You can get spotty games on PC too. Deus Ex: Human Revolution runs iffy on my computer despite it being more than capable of running it.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Inertiacreep

Ok, yea you do need to be a little computer savvy to be a PC gamer, but i found through all my years of PC gaming, most of the messing around i ever have to do is only when I'm trying to mod a game or run an emulator and occasionally update video card drivers.. like the other person said almost any game that comes out today is install and play.
@JaxonH <---- this guy just cries about everything and it sounds like he sucks at computers because no PC gamer is going to agree it is that hard and especially not so problematic that PC gaming isn't even worth the effort.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

Pazzo-TheFool

I doubt to the utmost that @InertiaCreep doesn't have personal preferences in his life.

What I don't doubt is that he had to look for the definition of the fifth word of my first sentence.

Nice counting.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic