Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,441 to 19,460 of 20,147

JaxonH

@Octane
I thought I'd like the grey more too, for the same reasons you mentioned

Then launch day came and I had one of each... and that's when I realized how plane jane the grey looked and how much more I preferred the neon red/blue.

I think alot of people have flip flopped on that after seeing it in person and using it for a day or two

PLAYING
Splatoon 2 ..... MHXX ..... Mario Kingdom Battle..... Arms

AWAITING
Fire Emblem [Switch] ..... Metroid Prime 4 [Switch] ..... Mario Odyssey [Switch] ..... Xenoblade 2 [Switch] ..... MH World [X1X] ..... Metroid Samus Returns [3DS] ..... Ni No Kuni 2 [PS4]

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Octane

@JaxonH I've seen and used the red/blue Joy-Con though, but like I said, I'm getting a Pro anyway, so I'm not sure what I'm making a mountain out of a molehill lol. And if the Switch can differentiate between the two Joy-Con, like @Therad says, I may go for red/blue in case I ever do co-op or mp.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
Ya it's awesome. Not only does the joycon color flash on the side of the screen when you attach it, but it shoes in the controller screen as the color it is as well. It's totally rad.

There's a homebrew app that changes the color a joycon shows up as too, so if you ever get a custom painted or shell joycon you can make it show any color you want

PLAYING

AWAITING
Fire Emblem [Switch] ..... Metroid Prime 4 [Switch] ..... Mario Odyssey [Switch] ..... Xenoblade 2 [Switch] ..... MH World [X1X] ..... Metroid Samus Returns [3DS] ..... Ni No Kuni 2 [PS4]

Jesus is Lord.

Octane

@JaxonH That's neat, but I'm probably the last person to mess with custom paint jobs and homebrew!

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
I guess homebrew is a poor choice of word... it's just a home made PC app that changes the joycon color tag. I myself don't have any custom Joycons but it's definitely something neat to know about. Just in case you ever get the urge to buy a purple GameCube themed set, you can set to the exact same purple.

PLAYING

AWAITING

Jesus is Lord.

Octane

@JaxonH Don't worry, I know what you meant! I just don't care that much about different controllers, I usually stick with the default stuff anyway. The only time I bought something different was a black Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuck to match my Wii U, cause my old one stopped working.

Octane

skywake

JaxonH wrote:

There's a homebrew app that changes the color a joycon shows up as too, so if you ever get a custom painted or shell joycon you can make it show any color you want

I was already kinda half tempted to get one of those custom cases. You've just killed the one excuse I had not to do it. The only question now is where to get a decent one that ships to Australia and whether or not it be cheaper/better to just wait for a different colour to officially come out....

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SLIGEACH_EIRE

L.A. Noire set for 7 December

Rockstar Games Japan will publish L.A. Noire on 7 December for Nintendo Switch in Japan priced at ¥5,389 containing all five DLC packs, touch operation when removed from the dock, gyro operation in Joy-Con mode, 1080p in TV mode and 720p in portable mode. Trailer coming soon.

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/165752364249

This is showing Bethesda up in a few ways.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Spoony_Tech

Not really showing Bethesda up at all really. This is strictly last gen port with updated controls. While Doom is a current gen port of more powerful consoles.

Either way I'm getting it even if I'll be getting one game a week at that point.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

What prevented Bethesda from having gyro controls in Doom? Or taking advantage of the exta boost in power when docked? Nothing. Time perhaps and wanting the game out in time for Christmas.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

antster1983

Anyone remember that Spelunker game that was released in April in Japan? Anyone at all? No? Oh well, I'll carry on regardless. Square Enix are bringing it to the west as Spelunker Party!, to be released on 19th October.

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Late

@antster1983 I do. I played the demo with my sister and it was fun. I'm getting it but not at launch. I think it was somewhere between 40€ and 60€ on Japanese eShop and I'm not spending that amount of money so close to Odyssey's release. Mario will keep me busy for a while.

EDIT: Actually, it seems like it's just 30€ according to European eShop. Still not getting it day one but I'm glad it wasn't as expensive.

Edited on by Late

Late

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

JaxonH

Ya, Spelunker Party looks decent.

PLAYING

AWAITING

Jesus is Lord.

MegaTen

@antster1983 I do remember...hoped for a physical localization (as always). Seems physical ain't gonna happen, but it still looks like a ton of fun.

MegaTen

Ryu_Niiyama

I enjoyed the demo...I'll get it by xmas I think.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

Looks like GTAV is coming to Switch.

Guy who leaked LA Noire says his same, rock solid source tells him more is coming from Rockstar, and it shouldn't be a surprise what title it is...

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/72krus/vern_...

PLAYING

AWAITING

Jesus is Lord.

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH When L.A. was revealed I said a certain other game can't be far behind. It is after all a last gen game so it should work just fine.

Am glad if it does come for those that want it but the whole GTA thing never did anything for me. I love my 3rds but not that one.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DarkRula

Portable GTA V... I'll sign up for that in a second if it ever became available. Just so long as it comes with all the Online content in the single player. Then again, money-making opportunities weren't exactly easy in the story mode either.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

I wouldn't buy it myself but GTAV on Switch would be one of the biggest 3rd party Switch announcements ever.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

That is fantastic news for the system if true. I'm not a fan (If I must play that type of game I prefer saint's row because it is silly and you are more of an antihero then a criminal) but that is a significant get. I miiiiiiiiiight try it just because I can chip away at games with the switch now. I swear that system is an adult's treasure.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic