Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,441 to 19,460 of 31,440

IceClimbers

So John Numbers earned his way back into this year's NWC.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Xyphon22

I was browsing through Amazon and saw that the 2-pack of amFilm tempered glass screen covers is only $8.99. I had these bookmarked for when I finally get a Switch because people have made them sound good, and it says they are usually $29.99. Is this really that good of a deal for a good screen cover? Because I might go ahead and order them so I can have them when I do finally get a Switch.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Spoony_Tech

@Xyphon22 Those are the ones I have and love them. I won't use anything but glass ever again. The visual clarity is nearly 100%. I sold my brother the other one for $5. Didn't see the need to have 2.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

electrolite77

@Samus7Killer

Maybe. Or UK distributors just haven't caught up yet. That wouldn't surprise me. Annoying thing for me is I used a '£10 off £75' Amazon voucher to pre-order Sine Mora, Rime and Axiom Verge. If I cancel any of them I lose the discount. Everybody else will be like "aw no physical Sine Mora, shame but never mind" but I'll be fuming.

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

SuperJoon

Nicolai wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

@IceClimbers @Spoony_Tech You're both right, sort of. Note the difference between "user accounts" and "Nintendo Account."
Multiple user accounts can be made on a Switch, where only one Nintendo Account can be linked to a Switch. While purchases are linked to your Nintendo Account, there's no every-day application where that comes up, and to better answer @SuperJoon's question, the purchase of a game on a console allows you to play it on all user accounts on that system, but not on any other system.

Actually that's not true.

You can access both your Nintendo account and games on any Nintendo Switch. I have 2 Switches. I simply tied my Nintendo Account to my second Switch, and any time I want I go to the eShop of Switch #1 and click "Deactivate" then on Switch #2 I simply launch the eShop and it automatically activates as the active console. All my games are accessible and playable. However, I cannot access my digital games on Switch #1 so long as Switch #2 is the active console. Whenever I want to switch back, I repeat the process in reverse. I click "Deactivate" in the eShop of Switch #2, then launch the eShop of Switch #1 to activate it.

...I had no idea this was a feature. I was wrong.

@JaxonH Awe man, I have yet to have 1.

This has made me quite happy! So if I downloaded Minecraft from my account on my Wifes Switch (When shes gets it) we will be both able to play together. Nice. I just have to do the deactivate and reactivate when I want to go on the eShop. Sweet.

Thanks everyone.

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

JaxonH

@SuperJoon
No you won't be able to play together. Only one at a time. Either you play and she's locked out or she plays and you're locked out.

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Hollow Knight, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
New 3DS: Radiant Historia
PS4 Pro: God of War
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Octane

@Tsurii or any other European Switch owners, is this normal?

Mine came with a big arse UK plug and a cheap converter. It was dusty too...

Untitled

Octane

zitpig

My UK Switch came with a normal UK plug only AFAIR.

zitpig

Octane

@zitpig @antster1983 I'm not in the UK, that's the problem. It should come with a normal European adapter according to Nintendo's own website. Could be retailers fault, but I have no idea how that cheap adapter ended up in the box.

Octane

Therad

Octane wrote:

@Tsurii or any other European Switch owners, is this normal?

Mine came with a big arse UK plug and a cheap converter. It was dusty too...

Untitled

No, this isn't normal at all.

Therad

Octane

@Therad Looks like no Switch for me this weekend. I emailed the retailer. I'm awaiting a response first, but I think this one goes straight back in the box and back to where it came from.

Octane

zitpig

@Octane - I wouldn't send it back - the UK Switch power lead/plug is genuine. Just pop out to your local retailer and buy an official and guaranteed UK to EURO adapter. They cost less than a pound here and are widely available. Or your local game emporium may sell official power leads.

The switch will only draw the power that it needs - it won't harm your Switch to use the UK plug and a guaranteed adapter. I wouldn't use the one that came in the box though; it doesn't look like it has any safety mark on it.

I suspect your retailer receieved/imported the Switch from the UK and supplied his own Euro adapter. European voltages are all roughly the same: 220 - 250volts (actually harmonised to 230v recently IIRC). You definitely will not blow up your switch. Why send a machine back just because of a cheap adapter?

Edited on by zitpig

zitpig

Spoony_Tech

@MegaTen JaxonH posted that days ago but this topic got a lot of comments since then.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Scrummer

@MegaTen He's also the dude who predicted a Nintendo Direct on the 13th, right?

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

MegaTen

@Scrummer Yep. He's definitely in the known.

Done with the current climate of gaming.

Scrummer

@MegaTen Well, I trust him at this point honestly. I have been expecting GTAV to go on Switch at some point, especially since I'm pretty sure Rockstar knows it'll sell like hotcakes. I expect it to come in 2018.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Xyphon22

@Spoony_Tech Thanks. I went ahead and ordered them. I'm thinking I'll get one by the end of the year (I've been waiting for a deal/bundle that is actually a deal, but if none happens by or on Black Friday I'll probably go ahead and cave), so I'll just have them on hand. What else is there that is an absolute must have? I know I need an SD Card, but that's the only other thing I can think of (no, I don't think a Pro Controller is a must have for me). And what size should be the minimum to get (I'll always go physical if I have the option, but there are a lot of eShop games I want to get)? Best Buy has them on sale all the time, so I can keep a look out for them.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic