Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,441 to 19,460 of 34,660

rallydefault

@JaxonH
Yea, but once I finish the story and put some hours into ranked, I'll consider it "finished" (mostly for my mental health lol).

rallydefault

JaxonH

@rallydefault
I'll admit, I'm not playing every day like I was, but some games I'll come back to off and on the entire generation.

Splatoon 2 and Monster Hunter XX are two of those games. Especially now that another coworker bought a Switch for Splatoon

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Final Fantasy XV, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Tsurii

@Luna_110 yah, I'm super paranoid about that because of all those horror stories about scratched screens but I think it's just a matter of putting the thing back into the dock properly. I usually just have it slide down on the back of the dock, instead of having the screen touch the thing. There's plenty room left to avoid having the screen slide against the dock like that.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

JaxonH

@Tsurii
1947 6504 9005

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Final Fantasy XV, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

IceClimbers

Yeah I need to finish Mario + Rabbids first, then I'll probably finish Yakuza 0 on PS4, then Splatoon 2's campaign. After that I'll move on to either Pokemon Gold or Steamworld Dig 2. After I finish those two I'll finally get to Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.

That will probably take quite some time to finish, especially with the NBA season starting up.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DarthNocturnal

I haven't played my Switch much recently. I did have a Master file for BotW, but I took a break. MK8D, I've been putting off doing 150 CC (and up) because that's when the game stopped being fun back on Wii U (said ranks usually weren't much of a problem in prior Mario Karts). And Splatoon 2..... I did play a little campaign and online. It was fun, but I'm in no hurry to go back (and I just got BF1).

Apparently, Sonic Mania still doesn't have it's update on Switch yet, so, I'm holding off until it does. Otherwise.... call me when FEW and SMO come out.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

DarkRula

I've recently been playing less on Switch as well, having recently got back into Star Wars Battlefront, and with the beta of the second one in a few days, I might not be playing much next week either.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Zuljaras

@Octane I have told my retailer about that and on Monday they will tell me if it is possible to replace my unit with new one (and hope to be with better display meaning no dead pixels like the rest of the happy people here). If not I guess I just have to stick with it.

Zuljaras

JaxonH

I don't watch sports. Don't follow sports. Don't really care about sports.

But holy cow am I having fun with FIFA 18 on Switch! It's just a really fun game. I love the kickoff mode, just hopping right into a match and customizing settings. I played all the drills and brushed up on the rules and what constitutes offsides, etc etc... and I have to say this is just a really fun video game whether you're a fan of soccer (football) or not. It's super in-depth, it's responsive, it's skill based with tons of room to improve your ability... it's just a flat out great video game. Even if you're not into sports (and I'm not).

I'm debating on whether I would buy this on another platform in the future if it doesn't come to Switch next year. And the truth is probably not- I don't follow the sport so I don't really care about the minor changes- I think this game will probably last me the entire generation on Switch. If they do decide to bring more I'll probably upgrade but I don't really think it makes too much of a difference either way.

I can't stop playing Switch.

FIFA 18 all morning, but TeeJay wants to hunt in Monster Hunter XX, and my coworker Xavier wants to play Splatoon 2, and I still need to get back to Pokken Tournament and Dragonball Xenoverse, not to mention Arms which I never did check out after the Lola Pop update. Still have 3 worlds to go in Mario + Rabbids, most of Rayman Legends...

I got Dragon's Dogma in the mail today for Xbox One... I just tossed it on my shelf aka the backlog. It's a fantastic game and I'd probably play it if it were on Switch, but I just don't seem to have any time for any other consoles anymore (there will be exceptions with Ni No Kuni 2, Biomutant, Shadow of the Colossus and Monster Hunter World, and of course Skyrim VR and DOOM VR)

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

GrailUK

@JaxonH Ye as far as invasion games go, football is among the top. If you work out the best way to spend the coins please let me know. I am just hording them at the moment as I don't have the foggiest what all these packs of cards are for lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

DarthNocturnal

It's my understanding that FIFA's online part is crippled? Something about being unable to play with friends.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Knuckles-Fajita

@DarthNocturnal NBA2K18 and FIFA 18 are the only two games to my knowledge that have online play but no Online with Friends.

It cant be a Nintendo side issue as every other game does it and can access your friends list.

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

JaxonH

@GrailUK
They're for buying packs of players for FUT, which is sort of making your own dream team squad from scratch. They rate players in the six main skills and then give a total numeric rating. Bronze, silver and gold players. And each of those can be a rare variant as well. So you basically use your coins to buy packs and you can also complete challenges to unlock packs, or buy FIFA points with money to spend on packs... but it all goes towards building your ultimate dream team. Players are only contracted for so many games (bronze is like 45, gold is like 8 and silver in between). You will also find contract cards in packs which increases the number of games a player will be contracted to play for. So if you have a really good gold player and you play eight matches then you'll want to use a contract card to extend his contracts. Or bench him before his final game until you get around to extending his contract.

There are also consumables that increase certain skills, increase chemistry, change positions ( I actually used one of those which came in handy, because I needed a LB and didn't have anything better than bronze, but changed a gold player to that position). You can actually use any player for any position but if it's not there natural position they won't play quite as well. So you really want to use one of those consumables to change their natural position if possible.

@DarthNocturnal
It has online, and it works well, but like NBA 2k18... no friend invites for online- it's randoms only. Most lay the blame on both EA and Nintendo. Nintendo because their archaic online infrastructure lacks a system level friend invite, which big AAA games like this use when programming the game. EA because despite that lack of infrastructure, most other devs worked around it (even Bomberman and USFII).

Regardless, I have no intention of playing with friends online in this game, in fact I don't even have any friends who play this game, much less play it online.

It's everything I could want. Well, the story mode would have been nice but at the end of the day, The entertainment comes from playing the matches of soccer, and it's got that in spades. Kickoff, single player tourneys, single player seasons, women's league, online, online tournaments, careers, FIFA Ultimate team, FUT online and seasons... it's fantastic.

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Zyrac

JaxonH wrote:

EA because despite that lack of infrastructure, most other devs worked around it (even Bomberman and USFII).

To be fair, those are both Switch exclusives. Still, I'm in the "blame EA" camp on this. It's just a lack of effort from them. If you're going to put your game on a console you should work with what it gives you.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Ful...

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

GrailUK

@JaxonH Oh mate thanks for explaining the bronze silver and gold nonsense. Was wondering what the difference was lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

rallydefault

Hrm... I'm opposite of a lot of you guys, I think. I just came back to my Switch and playing it like crazy after playing mostly on my PC for most of August/September (World of Warcraft...my eternal siren's song lol).

rallydefault

Octane

@Zuljaras Dead pixels aren't.. uncommon. My laptop has one, my TV has one too. That's just how LCD screens roll. Don't worry about it too much.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

I'm definitely glad I got Pokken DX earlier than later even if you exclude the looming paid online service in early 2018. I'm especially impressed with the matchmaking as I can generally find a match in the time before a CPU match is started. ARMS and Pokken DX is online matchmaking done right and I hope it works its way into other Switch games.

That said, I would've delayed purchasing both ARMS and Pokken DX by several months if Nintendo had kept online multiplayer for Switch free for its whole lifespan.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

Anyone who is on the fence about it have another look at Inversus. It looks super simple but it's actually a pretty fun little game. It's like a mix between Geometry Wars and Othello.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic