Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,421 to 19,440 of 69,981

gcunit

@Inertiacreep I think this is a 'mind your own business' situation. Let's move on now.

I'm done buying Switch games this year now, right?

I mean, I have Botw, MK8D, ARMS, LEGO Worlds, Stardew Valley, Odyssey, Binding of Isaac, and FIFA. There's nothing else I need. Surely. Please...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

NoE has shared what they think the 1 big Switch game per month so far is:
March - BotW
April - MK8 Deluxe
May - Minecraft
June - ARMS
July - Splatoon 2
August - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
September - FIFA 18
October - Super Mario Odyssey

It's in the news tab for Europe Nintendo accounts. Pretty surreal that Nintendo's considering FIFA a big deal.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inertiacreep

@antster1983 I really love the regular show so im kind of excited about that cartoon network battle crashers

Inertiacreep

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Grumblevolcano wrote:

NoE has shared what they think the 1 big Switch game per month so far is:
March - BotW
April - MK8 Deluxe
May - Minecraft
June - ARMS
July - Splatoon 2
August - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
September - FIFA 18
October - Super Mario Odyssey

It's in the news tab for Europe Nintendo accounts. Pretty surreal that Nintendo's considering FIFA a big deal.

What a load of crap. FIFA 18 has an average score in the 60's. They're shamelessly trying to plug a major 3rd party effort. What about Golf Story, Thimbleweed Park, SteamWorld Dig 2? All infinitely better. I'm sure the Indies wouldn't appreciate their work being ignored by Nintendo. Or if the criteria is that it has to be a physical release, then what about Rayman Legends or(I wouldn't pick it) Pokken Tournament? Ya, they're ports but that didn't stop 3 of the 8 winners being likewise.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Late

@skywake That's funny. I'm the opposite. I didn't have any gaming consoles before I was 12 and bought a Wii. My mom never got me a console even though I wished for GB/GBC/GBA/GC every year. I grew up with Nintendo through... some other means... I played NES, SNES, GB/C/A games all the time as a kid but I had zero experience with N64.

I was happy to get all the games I loved on my Wii through Virtual Console. I also downloaded both Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. I fell in love with Super Mario 64 even though I had already finished Super Mario Galaxy. SM64 is my favorite Mario game.

Ocarina of Time, on the other hand, felt really sluggish and looked ugly. I think I finished the first two dungeons before I quit. Still not a huge fan of Ocarina of Time even though OoT3D made it much more enjoyable. I also didn't get Twilight Princess until years later when I already had Skyward Sword because I feared I might not like it since I didn't find OoT and SS that great and its price hadn't dropped but when I finally got it, I loved it. It looked really rough graphically after Skyward Sword but I didn't mind it and I really liked the beginning in Ordon Village, unlike many others.

Also to contribute to the actual topic... Odyssey is great!

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Ryu_Niiyama

@gcunit I'm in the same boat, Getting Skyrim and Xenoblade 2 and I'm done for the year (Oh and Xonic because I sold my vita copy in anticipation). Too many large and good games out.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

StuTwo

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Nintendo France: 'Plan is to sell 400k units in the next 10 weeks'

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-france-plan-is-to-s...

http://mobile.lemonde.fr/pixels/article/2017/10/27/super-mari...

That's crazy talk.

I'm not sure. I don't really know enough the dynamics of the French market and their buying practices ahead of Christmas.

However I do understand that Nintendo of France has been surprisingly successful amongst the regional branches of Nintendo over the past few years. The Wii U even did OK there. A quick Google search also suggests that they are already at or around 400,000 Switches in France so far.

I'd guess that their management in France - or at least their retail and sales team - knows what they're doing/is more competent than other regional Nintendo branches. If so then it's also reasonable to assume that they have a good feel for what the demand will be in France in the run up to Christmas and their forecasting isn't going to be completely inaccurate.

Of course 400,000 additional sales in France before the end of the year would be huge. It'd put Switch on roughly the same LTD install base in France as the Wii U ended with.

It's possible that Switch might close out the year with a higher global install base than the Wii U managed over its lifetime.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Azooooz

A reminder of what the future holds for the Switch:

Nintendo:
Oct. 30, 2017
Six Months Earnings Release

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

JaxonH

@Inertiacreep
Guy butting into my business lecturing me on how I enjoy my hard earned money telling me to grow up?

Congratulations. You've made the ignore list

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

@Azooooz Yup. We'll get some updated hardware and software sales totals as of the end of September.

I'm expecting Switch hardware sales to be about 7 million. It'll definitely be past 10 million by the end of the year

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@IceClimbers You mean end of October. Sales should be around the 7 million mark, they may be a little shy of that milestone. I thought I read a figure of 6.3 million recently but that's not official of course. That'll change in a few days.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Spoony_Tech

If they hit 10 million by years end I need to go back to view a couple of past article to quote those that said it will not happen. Everything so far is on track for 10 million if Nintendo can get those systems on shelves.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The potential of Switch this holiday season is really down to console stock. Reggie's comments aren't exactly promising on that front.

This is the one comment to rule them all.

I think it'll only sell as many units as they can get onto the shelves. Here in the U.S. we're just a couple weeks out from the holiday shopping season. Sirius XM is starting their Christmas channel on Wednesday lol.

rallydefault

JaxonH

There were so many people pretending to be unbiased claiming Switch was "the worst console they'd ever seen" and "would tank worse than Wii U"

In fact that's how almost everyone on PushSquare reacted. The hypocrisy in seeing certain staff claim "meh, doesn't really interest me" despite cheerleading Vita in its day- a platform exponentially more inferior, lacking buttons, no detachable controllers, no hybrid functionality, smaller sub-HD screen, touchpad gimmicks, moderately appealing library, no tabletop mode, etc... blew my mind.

Seeing Switch loved by everyone, selling out and topping charts world wide... it feels good seeing these people proven to be so wrong.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Pazzo-TheFool

I didn't have negatives in my circle, just Nintendo worry-warts. No confidence in Nintendo, fretted all the time over how much it'll sell.

@Spoony_Tech - Remember that's 10 mil by the fiscal year.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

IceClimbers

@SLIGEACH_EIRE No, end of September. The financial report is for Q2 for the fiscal year, which is July-September.

But yeah, sales have been strong regardless.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Spoony_Tech

@Caldorosso-E No I'm talking about the end of this year. There were people saying it won't hit that total by the end of their fiscal year then alone the end of this year.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

@Spoony_Tech Good gravy, it's selling that well?

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic