Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,381 to 19,400 of 69,963

FX102A

@GrailUK I figured thats what happened but it still scared me when I opened and didn't see the game card in the expected spot.

I was also fairly close for my ritualistic freshly unwrapped game breath in.

FX102A

GrailUK

@FX102A Ah glad it's not just me lol. New games, books and packets of coffee mostly

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

KirbyTheVampire

Caldorosso-E wrote:

Can we agree to no SMO spoilers here? Even so, I'm going to dissapear until I get my copy.

I agree.

KirbyTheVampire

Ryu_Niiyama

@Caldorosso-E If Nintendo put their games on the cheap like that I would get fired from my job because I would just become a hikikomori (I don't care if we don't have them in the US I would still do it) and game most of the day.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

Man... BestBuy just now updated my order to shipped, but the tracking says it's still awaiting pick up. No way the game makes it to me by tomorrow- they got overwhelmed with Odyssey, Assassins Creed and Wolfenstein 2 all releasing the same day. Grrr. I even took Monday off for vacation to have a three day gaming weekend.

So I'm wondering if I should make a new order for in-store pick up and swing by after work on the way home tomorrow... or... preload Mario Odyssey digitally, just say screw it and also buy Zelda, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, (already own Splatoon 2 digitally, and Monster Hunter XX), Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Pokken Tournament and Fire Emblem Warriors digitally as well (already own them all physically). I would really like to have all the top 1st party games digital for easy access. It would be several hundred dollars to do it, and even with a 400gb micro SD I worry I'll run out of space buying all 1st party titles in addition to indies, updates, DLC, retail mandatory downloads and potential VC.

But, it would only be 46gb to add all those games digitally. And let's say another 23gb for Xenoblade 2. That's 70gb for the first year of 1st party games. That means three years would take about 210gb. And I have 315gb left right now. That would mean 100gb reserved for all other games over the next several years. I think it would work, but I would need a larger SD card in about 3 years time. I'm pretty sure a 512gb card will drop in 18 months, and a 768gb card in another 18 months. Which would be perfect timing for me.

I think I'll do it. Is there anywhere I can buy these games digitally and save a little money aside from just using my BestBuy credit card for 6% back?

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

So I canceled my Amazon preorder of Mario and will be going to best buy. The hype is real. I'll be taking a early lunch at 10AM tomorrow.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

TuVictus

Guessing there's many people opting for in store pickup. The hype truly is real

TuVictus

Pazzo-TheFool

I won't give into peer pressure, but getting the game tomorrow is very, very tempting.

Darn you (45% off) Amazon!!!

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Anti-Matter

A little question about First Set Up of Switch.
I noticed the graphics on Docked Mode looked a bit Pixelate (720p by default ? )
Is there any Option to Maximize into 1080p ?
Notice, i knew it from other peoples when they were purchasing Nintendo Switch and Set Up their Switch inside my local game shop. I still haven't get Switch yet. Still waiting until December 2017.

Anti-Matter

veeflames

@Caldorosso-E Precisely the same reason I'm not cancelling my Amazon preorder. That 45% off deal for a huge game such as this is just unreal.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Amazon finally charged me for my preorder. It still says "Shipping Today" on my Orders page, but hopefully that means they're ready to send this thing to me. I can't stop checking the tracking page for it!

There's that GameStop 5 minutes away from where I live, though...

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

IceClimbers

The game was already higher than FE Warriors on the eShop's best sellers chart just from the preloads lol

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

gcunit

Due to the disappointment of not having SMO yet, I went and submitted like a sucka and bought SM64 tonight on Wii U VC.

Was feeling pretty bad about it, especially as I already folded this week and bought Binding of Isaac 2 days ago and FIFA yesterday.

Then I saw how much Jaxon was about to spend and started feeling a lot better 😂

Looks like I wasn't the only one either - SM64 is currently Number 1 on the recent bestsellers chart of my Wii U eshop region.

Until tonight I was a SM64 virgin, and I can already see it's better than the 'it's just rose-tinted nostalgia' bashers try and make out. I'm really surprised how similar the move-set is to SM3DW, given the age gap.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@gcunit

Haha. I think my spending could make pretty much anyone feel better.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH When did you order? I got my message just a while ago and UPS says it will be here tomorrow between 9am and 1am. What I've noticed BB does and almost always for me is I get the update really late the day before but I always get the game same day as release. I wouldn't worry just yet.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

I'll have to go and check my order now. Hopefully they'll get it in sometime Saturday.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

NaviAndMii

@Anti-Matter The OS is 720p whether docked or undocked (which might explain why it'd look more pixelated when upscaled on the TV) ..many games are boosted to a maximum of 1080p when docked - but some titles don't quite hit that (eg. Breath of the Wild is 900p docked IIRC) so may appear to be, comparatively, slightly lower res in docked mode (720p is a lot of pixels packed in to a little handheld screen after all!)

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Inertiacreep

@JaxonH wow you just have a lot of money to waste..you should donate the physical copies since it ain't even a thing to you.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

JaxonH

Second Forbes article to bare this headline this year... and they acknowledge that fact in the very first paragraph

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2017/10/26/nintendo-p...

edit
The NIS Online Store exclusive Collector Edition of Disgaea 5 is back in stock. Not sure how many are available, but if you missed it (it's been sold out since before the game launched) this is your chance

https://store.nisamerica.com/games/limited-editions/disgaea-5...

@Inertiacreep
One could say the same about you if you've got money to waste on a time killing hobby like video games...

Edited on by JaxonH

Inertiacreep

@JaxonH except like most people, i dont have hundreds of dollars to spend on something I already bought.

Inertiacreep

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic