Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 18,941 to 18,960 of 69,969

Ralizah

Wargroove's campaign creator sounds amazing!

"In a previous article, we’ve discussed how you can easily create scenarios and chain them together on campaigns. Yesterday, we did a live stream on Twitch, showcasing how you can make interesting and dynamic scenarios in Wargroove using “triggers”. Some of the things you can make with this are:

• Custom story-driven missions, with sub-quests, plot twists, ambushes, and hidden secrets
  • Unique game modes, with their own mechanics and win/lose conditions
  • Change some of the rules of the game without needing to resort to modding
  • Have players make decisions that affect the outcome of this AND of future missions (if you’re making a campaign)

…and many other things! Remember that this is the tool that we ourselves are using to make the campaigns of Wargroove, so expect to be able to do anything you’d expect to see in the campaign of a game of this genre!"

Source: https://wargroove.com/scripted-events/

This is going to be the Mario Maker of turn-based strategy games on the Switch.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah

I watched their midstream.

The Wargroove level editor looks insane.

They made a trigger, and mapped out the squares which activate the trigger. The trigger causes an ambush. So once you cross a certain set of tiles the ambush is triggered and you tell it what enemies appear on what tiles at the trigger event.

BUT, you can set a flag and make the trigger check to see if the flag is still active before triggering the ambush. And they made it so visiting a certain village warned you of the ambush and switched the flag to "off", so when the ambush trigger happened it checked to see if the flag was still on, and if it was it triggered the ambush and if not the ambush didn't trigger.

They said flags can carry over between maps throughout a campaign. So one action can determine what happens down the line, and you could keep building on it with great complexity with an insane number of possible paths of events unfolding.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

You know, I've never ever considered ignoring a member before.... until now. I like reading folks differing opinions, it would be boring if we all agreed on everything but honestly there's only so much absolute nonsense opinions I can tolerate now as I get older. Some folk just aren't worth debating with.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Scrummer

@Inertiacreep I never said it was GOTY material and I don't think it is. I think it will be a fantastic game, but I have very little thought about it winning GOTY.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

GameOtaku

What happened to the Nintendo ACA games?

GameOtaku

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah I think im going to try to recreate as many FE maps in the wargroove editor as I can. Aww..now I want a FE maker.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@IceClimbers I was thinking "the" or "a". They should be safe bets. I'm joking, I thought of another word earlier but I can't remember now. "Super" is a good shout. It's a common part of a title name whereas "Hero" I wouldn't have guessed. It's very late and I'm about to hit the hay, so I'll count them tomorrow.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

rallydefault

@Octane
Well, AC: Origins feels totally fresh. Instead of running and climbing to varying vantage points, you .... wait, hang on.
The map system has been completely retooled. Instead of revealing portions of the map as you progress along with little markers of things to do, you now... well... actually, that's the same.
Well, actually, the combat is totally revamped. Instead of obtaining weapons of varying stats through various means and mashing the attack button with the occasional riposte button, they've... crud. Bad example.
Oh! There IS a hawk. This is totally revolutionary. You can use it to scout out an area without actually... yea... nevermind.

Well, at least it's not just another Mario game, though. So it's probably gonna be good.

@Inertiacreep
lol. That's pretty much it. Are you a real person? I like you. Keep typing stuff.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Ralizah

@JaxonH Have they mentioned there being a limit to how many maps can be uploaded from a single user?

@Ryu_Niiyama That sounds amazing. I wouldn't nearly the amount of patience to try something like that, but if you pull it off, I can't wait to try them out!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

IceClimbers

I just saw a Switch NBA 2K18 commercial.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@Ralizah

No, no limit I'm aware of.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

antster1983

Games confirmed for release next week (PAL region, dates given on eShop):

17th October:

• Don't Knock Twice (Wales Interactive)
  • NBA 2K18 (2K Games) RELEASED TO RETAIL
  • Rogue Trooper Redux (Rebellion Developments)

18th October:

• The Count Lucanor (Merge Games)
  • Putty Pals (Harmonious Games)

19th October:

• The Jackbox Party Pack 4 (Jackbox Games)
  • JYDGE (10tons)
  • Party Golf (Giant Margarita)
  • Revenant Saga (Kemco)
  • Spelunker Party! (Square Enix)
  • Super Ping Pong Trick Shot (Starsign)

20th October (also coming to retail):

• Fire Emblem Warriors (Nintendo)
  • The LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game (WB Games)
  • Syberia (Microïds)

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

SKTTR

Wow. I'm glad Revenant Saga is coming to Switch as I see it criminally overlooked as one of the last great Wii U eShop releases.

KEMCO released very polished budget-price SNES and PS1-style J-RPGs on Wii U eShop and 3DS. Asdivine Hearts was my favourite. It felt much like the old Final Fantasy games, like a forgotten SNES classic. Revenant Saga seems to hit the same spot. Also Check out Alphadia Genesis which feels more like a PS1 RPG. I do hope for continued KEMCO Support on Switch and would love to get Switch retail versions or a retail collection of their RPGs.

I'm getting The Count Lucanor on retail.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

NaviAndMii

SKTTR wrote:

Do you think there are too many Hero games on the Switch?

1. No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again
2. Dragon Quest Heroes I & II
3. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
4. Has-Been Heroes
5. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
6. 88 Heroes - 98 Heroes Edition
7. Next-Up Hero
8. No Heroes Here
9. Unruly Heroes
10. Audio Hero
11. Entertainment Hero
12. Hex Heroes
13. The Sacred Hero
14. Flat Heroes
15. World Heroes
16. World Heroes Perfect
17. I Am The Hero

Haha! That's a great observation! Made me chuckle! ..won't be long before we get a ton of Guitar Hero ports at this rate!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

One thing I have noticed about the Switch eShop I absolutely love and must never be changed is that if a game has DLC it is listed on the store page, like most stores.

Now thats no big deal but it also lists microtransactions on the page too, and right above the pur hase game option it clearly states if the game has in app purchases, which you can view on the store page quite clearly.

This is a huge step up from PSN that doesnt display in app purchases on the store page, but does mention if a game has them (In the middle of the page description between one or two paragraphs, tucked away in a not obvious place) and Steam....doesnt mention in app purchases at all for most if not all games.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

So that battle royale game Crazy Justice will have crossplay between the Switch/Xbox One/PC versions!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haruki_NLI

@IceClimbers In the words of DJ Khaled: Another One.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Microsoft knows that crossplay with as many platforms as possible is the key to them being seen in the positive light. At the same time it shows Sony as evil.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic