Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 18,921 to 18,940 of 69,981

Scrummer

@Inertiacreep The thing is, Odyssey isn't trying to be a Tomb Raider or a Witcher 3. And I'm personally fine with that. We don't need a bajillion cutscenes in a Mario game. Mario game's have always had fairly simple stories, but now it is a teensy bit more in depth. So, it isn't fair to compare Mario to Tomb Raider or RE7, because they are such drastically different games. It was like how back when the first Splatoon released, people were comparing it to COD.

Edited on by Scrummer

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Ralizah

Super Mario Odyssey looks AMAZING. Although it would have to be something else to beat out BotW as my favorite experience of the year: that game, for the 70-some hours it took me to play from the beginning to completion, was pure magic.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

GrailUK

Super Mario Odyssey
The reviews are in!
Jim Sterling - 4/10 "Nintendo won't let me stream it...and it's Nintendo."

SupermetalDave64 - 3/10 "It's makes too many mistakes Nintendo always make and fans need to raise their concerns that if it was on more powerful hardware, it would have been a better game."

GameXplain - ?/? Disclaimer - I got 3 hours into the video and fell asleep before the score.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah 70 hours?? Why the rush lol.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

We could make some of the disputing a little easier by saying BOTW is Wii U game of the year and SMO is Switch Game of the year. BOTW is a Wii U game afterall.

20,000 posts. Shamelessly robbed gif.

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Spoony_Tech

@KirbyTheVampire Check mine above that for 100% sure Switch footage

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@KirbyTheVampire Just checked the video description for the vid I posted and it says:

"Gameplay coming from PC version ā€œIn 'Hollow', you are one of the pilots that transports precious resource cargo from the mining ship Shakhter-One down to Earth. One day you wake up in an emergency capsule drifting near the facility. You donā€™t remember who you are, or how you got out thereā€¦ All you can remember is an autopilot docking code for capsule dock NR 6.

When you dock with Shakhter-One, it is clear that something has gone horribly wrong. The crew is missing and the entire facility is dealing with catastrophic power issues. As you start to uncover the shipā€™s terrifying secrets, Shakhter-One threatens to take your identity, your sanity, and ā€“ ultimately ā€“ your lifeā€."

...so looks like it was PC footage, unfortunately - but it looked to be running pretty smoothly in the off-screen capture that @Spoony_Tech posted - and, according to the new news post on the NL front page, it's targeting 1080p docked, so it might not be far off **fingers crossed**

Edited on by NaviAndMii

šŸŽ® Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

My Switch GotY will probably be Splatoon 2 or FE Warriors.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inertiacreep

Scrummer wrote:

@Inertiacreep So, it isn't fair to compare Mario to Tomb Raider or RE7, because they are such drastically different games.

well if this isnt an admission that mario isn't GOTY material idk what is.... you kind of have to compare it to other games to determine if it is GOTY.

Inertiacreep

Ralizah

I see Hollow is continuing to look surprisingly high-quality for a game I've seen almost nothing about otherwise.

@Spoony_Tech A few reasons.
1) I have a backlog, and I won't pay attention to other games if I just devote time to Zelda.
2) At 70+ hours, I had some of the best equipment in the game and completed all of the main story content, so going to fight Ganon and beat the game just made sense. The game has a pace and narrative momentum that is established by the player, and I didn't want that to be spoiled by dithering around.
3) I'm planning on doing a 100% hard mode run of the game in Japanese after I buy the season pass, so I didn't want to burn myself out on the game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

KirbyTheVampire

Inertiacreep wrote:

@KirbyTheVampire about equally as pointless as the people arguing it is when it's not even out yet.

There are much more indicators that it will be, though. You're just basing your argument that it won't be on the fact that it's not a story-heavy interactive movie.

KirbyTheVampire

SKTTR

Do you think there are too many Hero games on the Switch?

1. No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again
2. Dragon Quest Heroes I & II
3. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
4. Has-Been Heroes
5. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
6. 88 Heroes - 98 Heroes Edition
7. Next-Up Hero
8. No Heroes Here
9. Unruly Heroes
10. Audio Hero
11. Entertainment Hero
12. Hex Heroes
13. The Sacred Hero
14. Flat Heroes
15. World Heroes
16. World Heroes Perfect
17. I Am The Hero

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

GrailUK

@SKTTR "They said the age of heroes would never come again." - Wonder Woman.
"It has to." - Batman.

(Batman is always right.)

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

electrolite77

@SKTTR

All together now, "We don't need another hero"

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I wonder can you make a DX list as long? Probably not.

1. Sine Mora DX
2. PokkƩn Tournament DX
3. Piczle Lines DX
4. Retro City Rampage DX
5. Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX
6. Tiny Barbarian DX
7. Plantera DX
8. Mario Kart 8 DX
9. Inversus DX
10. One Piece: Unlimited World Red DX Edition

I can't think of any more. That's funny, that there's a list so long with the word "Hero" in the title. What other word or title pops up a lot?

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic