Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 18,921 to 18,940 of 22,231

Therad

@NaviAndMii Actually, my uncle (who works at nintendo), confirmed that Kirby vs Predator is indeed true. Aliens will be in the first DLC, terminator will be in the second. You can also buy Chuckies (Chuck Norris themed in-game currency), which you can use to buy in-game stuff, such as potions and better weapons.

Therad

FragRed

@Therad I think my uncle may know your uncle. But then he knows a lot of uncles, and gets confused.

FragRed

Therad

If we are talking about the fallout 4 rumour, it is a 4chan leak. So most likely fake.

But... Fallout 4 uses the same game engine as Skyrim remastered. If they have added switch support to the engine it should be a straight forward process. Basically just lower res textures and models with less details.

Therad

Therad

FragRed wrote:

@Therad I think my uncle may know your uncle. But then he knows a lot of uncles, and gets confused.

Uncles at Nintendo usually gathers every month in an office party, so they have probably met.

Therad

MFD

@Therad Yes, that is what I meant, but I know how people can be in regards to knowing such info and potentially "spoiling" things, so I kept it ambiguous.

MFD

StuTwo

Therad wrote:

@NaviAndMii Actually, my uncle (who works at nintendo), confirmed that Kirby vs Predator is indeed true. Aliens will be in the first DLC, terminator will be in the second. You can also buy Chuckies (Chuck Norris themed in-game currency), which you can use to buy in-game stuff, such as potions and better weapons.

On the subject of Chuckies my uncle (who also works at Nintendo - it's amazing we're not all be related!) is working on another one of the DLC packs for Kirby vs Predator: the Child's Play pack. Kirby mistakenly absorbs the powers of Chucky and becomes an evil possessed killer.

StuTwo

SKTTR

Tsurii wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

I just figured MHXX isn't getting localized for the same reason Square hasn't really localized Dragon Quest games for the past decade - they want Nintendo to foot the bill themselves.

Nintendo paid for localization, marketing and distribution for those games in the west since Tri. They'd probably gladly do the same for XX but for whatever reason it's not happening right now.

Same applies for the Dragon Quest games on the DS/3DS. It was Nintendo localizing, marketing, and distributing them.

People are afraid when Triple AAA games, such as Monster Hunter XX, Dragon Quest XI, Dragon Quest Heroes I&II, Dragon Quest X, Secret of Mana Collection, Nobunaga's Ambition, Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII etc. are Japanese-only longer than a couple of months without an announcement for NA/EU localization, because in each and every generation we always missed out on games that we wanted but were only available in Japan. Now, without region-lock there's still the language barrier for most of us in many games, but still the old hopeful wish that each region gets their own PAL/NTSC/JP version of any game is alive.

I know I'd buy all of the games I listed above if they ever come to retail in Europe.
However, the upcoming Western release list is bursting already, so I'm fine if those Japan exclusives spread out in the West fully localized over the next year. I would be disappointed if they don't make their way overseas, because some of those games are already localized and released in the West on PS4!

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Luna_110

I don't think we'll see any news about Okami HD or many Square Enid news besides Project Octopath, and that's a big if.
A shame, since I would have loved to get the Secret of Mana remake on Switch.

On the other hand, will Retro finally tell us what the heck are they working on?

Massive backlogs are a gamer's worst enemy
Now playing: Bravely Default, Zelda Twilight Princess HD

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

FragRed

Therad wrote:

FragRed wrote:

Uncles at Nintendo usually gathers every month in an office party, so they have probably met.

Ah yes, it's in the Uncles Campus that has been recently extended for the third time this year.

FragRed

KirbyTheVampire

I'm like 90% sure that we'll be seeing Animal Crossing in a later direct and not this one, but it would be so great if they revealed it. It would pretty much be on par with the E3 presentation for me at that point. If it's true that they're not focusing on mobile news at all though, I don't really think it's happening.

I don't think we'll see much in terms of first party stuff, period. However, if they announce a localized Monster Hunter, it'll be basically just as good as a first party announcement.

KirbyTheVampire

NaviAndMii

StuTwo wrote:

Therad wrote:

On the subject of Chuckies my uncle (who also works at Nintendo - it's amazing we're not all be related!) is working on another one of the DLC packs for Kirby vs Predator: the Child's Play pack. Kirby mistakenly absorbs the powers of Chucky and becomes an evil possessed killer.

Phew! I couldn't seem to find any retailers offering pre-orders on Kirby vs. Predator - but luckily I managed to find this guy on eBay (whose uncle works for Nintendo) who said he'd get me a copy....for a price. HYYPPPEEEE!!!

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 Switch 🎮

Currently Playing (Online):

PS4: GT Sport (DR: D, SR: S)

Switch: Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 46, RM: A-, SZ: B+, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCat★

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

SLIGEACH_EIRE

This weeks hardware sales in Japan.

Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)

Switch – 45,439 (50,074)
PlayStation 4 – 18,483 (21,419)
PlayStation 4 Pro – 10,999 (4,965)
New 3DS LL – 9,628 (12,332)
New 2DS LL – 9,403 (11,515)
PlayStation Vita – 3,913 (3,975)
2DS – 1,772 (1,935)
New 3DS – 331 (486)
PlayStation 3 – 115 (85)
Wii U – 90 (116)
Xbox One – 63 (78)

Software sales are in the link below.

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/media-create-sales-9417-91017

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch had a poor debut. It may be number 3 but its sales are low, <25,000. Splatoon 2 is at number 2, while Destiny 2 debuts at number 1.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

FragRed

NaviAndMii wrote:

StuTwo wrote:

Therad wrote:

Phew! I couldn't seem to find any retailers offering pre-orders on Kirby vs. Predator - but luckily I managed to find this guy on eBay (whose uncle works for Nintendo) who said he'd get me a copy....for a price. HYYPPPEEEE!!!

My uncle says there are uncles at Nintendo who have access to the limited edition Kirby vs. Predator statues. You need to find out if this uncle is one of these uncles.

FragRed

Spanjard

Well there you go.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

MFD

@IceClimbers Not sure, but if it was low, then you can be sure it'll be met, even if people tend to want FighterZ instead of this.

MFD

Grumblevolcano

The Fast RMX update is out now. I really like the new tracks and hope Shin'en make more of these. Favourite of the bunch is Sunahara Valley.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Samus7Killer

If anything they should be in charge to make a new FZero. Theyve proven themselves thus far...

Samus7Killer

Spoony_Tech

I want F-Zero, Advance Wars, and Wave Race. Doubt they will happen but Nintendo is into surprises these days. Pikmin 4 anyone??

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic