Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 18,901 to 18,920 of 69,981

Scrummer

Despite what people are saying, I'm still sticking with my prediction for BOTW to win at least one GOTY award. Oh wait, they already have in Japan.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Spoony_Tech

Oh it will win a lot of GotY awards but the main one is the yearly show now on the web. Nintendo doesn't have a great track record when it comes to those awards.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

Why should we really concern ourselves with something like Videogame Award Show, I thought everyone knew that was way more corporate than fan oriented. Obviously the big western publisher games will be winning the awards. It'd be like expecting everyone on this site to give a fair judgment of other console games. Just enjoy the two greatest (well, hopefully Mario is) games release this year and stop worrying about how some corporate show might not give Zelda all the billion GOTY/GOAT awards people think it deserves.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Inertiacreep

@rallydefault yea I played it.. I mean, it's basically like mario64 for 2017.. no doubt the graphics are a joy to look at and impressive for another demonstration of the technical achievement that is the switch... but lets be real here... this is no Witcher 3.. or Tomb Raider.. games with voice acting and story that makes a video game experience comparable to cinema in ways because the level of production is so thorough in every aspect you can just feel the work poured into it.

edit... didnt resident evil 7 come out this year? wtf nobody here is mentioning this? have you guys played that game? that game is the sh%t! ...... talking about mario deserves to win... like, just wow.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

MsJubilee

@Inertiacreep That's not fair you're throwing Odyssey in the trash cause you don't like it. It's a triple A game that's being released by a big company. If the game is getting praise(which it is) it should be on the running for one of these big awards.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Inertiacreep

@MsJubilee i didn't say i don't like it.. i will probably quite enjoy it and am even really pretty anxious for it to come at as my first "big" game on the switch.... but what i am saying is, it is 2017... developers are making massive games that are pushing the limits of things we've never seen before... can you really compare mario against something like RE7? idk how...
xenoblade will be way more immersive experience than mario.

Inertiacreep

KirbyTheVampire

@Inertiacreep If you're saying Odyssey isn't good because it isn't an interactive movie, it sounds like you really just don't enjoy 3D platformers in general.

KirbyTheVampire

Inertiacreep

@KirbyTheVampire like i said, if you think mario deserves to win, might as well give it to yooka laylee... and i dont hear anyone talking about yooka laylee GOTY 2k17.

Inertiacreep

Octane

@Inertiacreep Cause Yooka-Laylee isn't anywhere near as polished as the average Nintendo game, let alone 3D Mario game. The game is smaller in scale, and it's clear that it's made on a budget, fair, but not comparable to Odyssey.

Octane

KirbyTheVampire

@Inertiacreep I highly doubt Yooka-Laylee will be on the same level as Odyssey in terms of quality, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Still, Odyssey would have to be below 68% on Metacritic to rank worse than Yooka-Laylee, and I just don't see that happening at all. The worst it could possible be is in the low 80s.

KirbyTheVampire

Inertiacreep

@Octane its comparable enough to refute all the people claiming mario is so stellar.... because that game is hilarious and quite good.... and just f hilarious.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

SKTTR

New Japanese Switch retail boxart

Untitled

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

NaviAndMii

gcunit wrote:

Mario Odyssey, I suspect, will get a Metacritic score of about 92-94. It looks a fabulous game, with some really neat new stuff in it, but I reckon for a Mario platformer to score higher and get GOTY recognition, it needs to revolutionise, and I'm not expecting that to happen.

BotW didn't revolutionise either, but it was really special, and probably that 'specialness' was boosted by the fact it launched on a brand new hybrid console, so got extra hype points. Mario Odyssey could also be special... but it won't benefit from Switch newness hype.

Yeah, that's how I see it - it's not that I see Breath of the Wild as being the only great game that has/will come out this year or anything like that (I think it's been a pretty awesome year for gaming to be honest) - it's just that it seems to me that most media outlets have placed it on an insurmountable pedestal, so no other game stands a chance...it dominated the headlines in Q1 and Q2 - Q3 was a little light - and I can't see any game in Q4 quite reaching that same level of hype. Like you say, Odyssey seems fab - but I can't imagine it quite dominating in the same way that BotW did...to me, it looks like 'Mario 64 meets Space Station: Silicon Valley' - which is a pretty epic combo - but it's coming up against a game with a record breaking number of 10's that famously had, for quite some time, a 1:1 attach rate on the shiny new console it launched on. Like the Harlem Globetrotters, I think that Breath of the Wild is near-unbeatable!

Oh yeah, and...PAGE 1000!!! 🎉 🎉 WOO-HOO!!! 🎉 🎉

Untitled

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

This looks interesting!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@NaviAndMii Just from the little footage there I got Bioshock vibes.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic