Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,781 to 17,800 of 69,990

Haruki_NLI

Just realise I'm on most folks ignore lists. XD Woo. What a privilege.

Anyhow, just looked over my Switch app. Turns out I didn't play much in May or June. Depression is evil. Or maybe there wasn't many games.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

MFD

Heh, and here I am the one with the most time, yet I can only boast of a measly 215 hours at most on BOTW, being followed shortly by 65 hours for Rabbids, and 40 hours for Fate/Extella. Perhaps Xenoverse 2 will see me use my Switch a lot more, it has a long multiplayer lifespan after all. May we receive many more games of it's kind.

MFD

Haruki_NLI

@UmniKnight 65 in Rabbids already? Man, that's nuts. I'm two worlds in at 10-15.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

MFD

@BLP_Software 65 is 100% completed as well. It might become more, but that's my housemate giving it a shot.

MFD

electrolite77

@UmniKnight

There's no reason at all why Nintendo should go handheld only. They make money selling Pro Controllers, docks, extra Joy Cons etc. There will be people out there buying Switch solely to use as a home Console which also makes them money. No way they'll cut those revenue streams off. Not the company that brought you the Circle Pad Pro.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I mostly agree with that. Disagree about XCX though, to me XC and XCX should be considered separately like the Mega Man and Mega Man X series:

Xenoblade Chronicles
Xenoblade Chronicles
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Xenoblade Chronicles X

So the next new Xenoblade project from Monolith Soft probably being a XCX2 and we end up with a XCX port sometime before that comes out.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Samus7Killer

@BLP_Software i wont ignore you or anyone for that matter... i think ignoring is taking the eazy way out. Its a wimpy thing to do.

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I'd be thrilled if XCX became portable.

I just wouldn't be nearly upset if it didn't come, because at least we'll have Xenoblade 2. Imagine if we weren't getting a new Xenoblade game. Theeeen it would suck not having XCX

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

@JaxonH I'm with Grumble on this one, XCX is on a whole, different from Xenoblade as a series. But whether or not 2 will be comparable with 1? I don't think so. Xenoblade seems to be taking the Final Fantasy route, as in: being numbered matters jack all, and they're different games regardless, merely using the franchise name to indicate what one can expect.

@electrolite77 I'll have to take some small amount of comfort in that. It's been rough sailing on the Switch ship with how some third-parties receive the system, and it has damaged the amount of faith I'm willing to grant any one company.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
I never argued they're exactly the same.

I simply said it hurts less having a sequel. And it does. Different as they may be they're still extremely similar. Same type of battle system, same type of crazy world to explore, same type of quest system, same type of story, etc. Playing one will feel very reminiscent of the other and will definitely scratch that same itch.

So sure, be with Grumble. But that doesn't inherently make you against me, cause I never argued they were identical games.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

@JaxonH I never meant to imply I was "against" you, merely that my opinion aligns with Grumble's in this case.

I believe it shall have the same core aspects, aye, but with subtle changes. The main difference, will be in the story, both due to the change in how it looks, as well as the premise that it is set upon. I felt very engaged and hold the belief that XCX has a good, if not great story. I have my doubts as to XC2's, since I've heard of that "Boy meets girl" premise, and I then look at Rex and Pyra, and it leads me to scratch my head.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
All Xenoblade stories are good. Worrying about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 story is akin to worrying about Super Mario Odyssey's platforming.

MFD

@JaxonH That is a matter of perception. I have red interviews and have done my research on it. The new art-style, the art designer behind the characters, a more linear focus, the premise, it all indicates that we may very well see a typical "Shonen" story here. Will that be better than XC1 or XCX? That's but a matter of opinion.

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
I don't care what "kind" of story it is. All I know is every Xenoblade has had a fantastic story.

And given the director said he wanted to put more of a focus on story, I have no doubt this will be amazing. When is it ever not...

MFD

@JaxonH Believe what you will, and I shall do the same. Only hands-on experience, and people's own experience of that, will bring clarity to a matter like this.

Whether or not it will universally be more or less accepted, more or less beloved than those before it remains to be seen. That small peak they've given us, has already given me a good idea of what to expect, and I expect this to be unable to match XC1.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight

Couldn't care less if it's better or worse than the last 2. All I know is it will be great.

Ralizah

@DarthNocturnal The terrible sidequests and lack of anything interesting to find or do in the open world was a big part of why I wasn't gaga about XC. Also, the extensive open world navigation slowed down the game unnecessarily, in my opinion.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Exactly. In XCX, I rarely went out of my way for sidequests. I'd just accept everything and come back from a story mission and see that I cleared 3, 4 sidequests without even trying. Played the whole game this way.

There was the odd exception but, by and large I never did anything I didn't want to do. Most of my time was spent unlocking skells and upgrading. That's where the monster hunting came in to play- and that I did look up (no thanks to the official guide- that thing was worthless, SOOOO much missing info it was a total facepalm from cover to cover)

BeanoMaster

Seen lots of ads for the Switch on UK TV, espcially on the 'youth' channels such as E4 (which is aimed at 18-34 year olds)

BeanoMaster

FragRed

@BeanoMaster That makes a lot of sense, I have seen them during Family Guy on ITV2 so I assume they advertise a fair amount on there as well. Though I have also seen them on ITV3 which is definitely aimed at the older generation, unless the likes of Midsomer Murders is now hip with the younger audience.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic