Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,761 to 17,780 of 19,330

BLP_Software

@Grumblevolcano Are we still awaiting that greatness?

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Discord: https://discord.gg/s8PjCh

I can't decide
Whether you should live or die
Oh, you'll probably go to heaven
Please don't hang your head and cry

UmniKnight

Consoles aside, the games make them wanting to play, being able to play them anywhere is a bonus in the face of that. Nintendo's got a good solid plan going in that regard, and if they get the third-parties on-board, well, we'll see some interesting developments I'd reckon.

"Anger is a gift!"

IceClimbers

@BLP_Software Depends on who you ask. I'd personally say no, greatness has been here for a while.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

BLP_Software

@UmniKnight Thry had two. For the Players was a dig at Microsoft as Sony was so Pro consumer. Look how that turned out.

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Discord: https://discord.gg/s8PjCh

I can't decide
Whether you should live or die
Oh, you'll probably go to heaven
Please don't hang your head and cry

UmniKnight

@BLP_Software I'm not aware of Sony's practices, other than rumours behind a DQ deal, which apparently is false as DQ is simply not on Switch yet due to technical implications, and the one behind a supposed MH deal that excludes the Switch, but that too can be rationalized with "Started in 2013, when the Switch was still the mysterious NX" which can then be followed-up with dev-kits, Switch not enough technical prowess, yada-yada.

"Anger is a gift!"

Ralizah

UmniKnight wrote:

@BLP_Software I'm not aware of Sony's practices, other than rumours behind a DQ deal, which apparently is false as DQ is simply not on Switch yet due to technical implications

Do say more. I didn't know you had insider knowledge regarding DQXI.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

kkslider5552000

IceClimbers wrote:

Honestly I haven't seen much hype for Pokken, or at least in comparison to the other "big games". Mario + Rabbids, FE Warriors, and Xenoblade 2 appear to have more hype.

to be fair, hype doesn't matter when you have a Pokemon game. Especially nowadays.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Zyrac

Going back to a subject from a while ago, let's have a look at Nintendo's shelf space in the HMV store I visited yesterday (apologies for crappy 3DS picture quality):
Untitled
That's the whole Switch section in the upper right. The blue cases are PlayStation games and the green are Xbox games, which continue to the left for a bit. Yes, Xbox appears to beat out PlayStation, which is perhaps a little odd. The whole thing is only half an aisle, though, and they're small aisles.

...Incidentally, the place was frigging full of those Pop Vinyl figures covering all sorts of franchises (but no Nintendo ones that I saw, although they did have Street Fighter and Pac-Man). I have a hard time believing that's terribly profitable. Like, I know Five Nights at Freddy's has a big obnoxious fanbase, but can it really sell merchandise on the high street?

Anyway, the nearby GAME had a healthier selection of Nintendo stuff, albeit largely old Wii U and 3DS games. Plus a decent amount of merch, although I'm sad they don't sell plushies anymore. I also regret not buying from that Pokémon plushy stand that appeared in the shopping centre one time and was never seen again, like one of those storybook shops that sell magical artifacts for bargain prices but have terrible customer service. Man, what if those Jirachis could really grant wishes?

Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Fullblox levels | Mario Maker levels
ACNL Dream Address: 6E00 000F 65D2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

Ralizah

@UmniKnight Not sure how I missed that.

Thanks for the link!

UmniKnight

@Ralizah Oh, you were genuinely wondering. I thought I was being looked at with suspicion and disregard here!

"Anger is a gift!"

Ralizah

@UmniKnight I WAS being sarcastic in that initial reply.
'pologies. Wasn't like me.

Again, thanks for the info!

Edited on by Ralizah

UmniKnight

@Ralizah No worries. Now all we need is for Capcom to stop bonking their heads on a desk and start giving us MH for Switch.

"Anger is a gift!"

Ralizah

@UmniKnight They did. They're just not bringing it West.

Edited on by Ralizah

Qwertyninty

I so plan on getting WWE 2k18 day one but looking at recent videos gameplay just doesn't look fun. Doesn't have the feel of the older games. But I'm locked in.

Qwertyninty

Reginald

I love the Switch, but I regret to admit that I don't use it very often. Part of the reason is because there haven't been very many big games released for it yet that interest me, while my 3DS still sees regular use, especially with more games for it coming out in September. Partly also because I honestly don't like the boot up process with the Switch. It's long and tedious, and I especially don't like having to hold down the power button to shut it down. But if I don't use it, then it's just going to drain even while in sleep mode.

The 3DS did it better. The power button was just a simple press and the process was quick and easy. I wish the Switch was more like that.

Obviously I just need to get more games for it. That'll change in time.

Edited on by Reginald

Reginald

JaxonH

@Reginald
The Switch is even easier than 3DS, you just have to use it as intended, and I know that is difficult for people who have trained themselves to think a device absolutely has to be turned off all the way. But the Switch wasn't designed to be turned off and on, and I actually think they specifically avoided letting people turn it off remotely so that people wouldn't do it, so they would actually just use the sleep mode and realize how amazing it is to just instantly sleep/wake at any time. Unlike the 3DS the Switch goes into total hibernation when it's asleep- you could leave it in a case for a week and it would still have 98% when you play it.

PLAYING
Splatoon 2 ..... MHXX ..... Mario Kingdom Battle..... Arms

AWAITING
Fire Emblem [Switch] ..... Metroid Prime 4 [Switch] ..... Mario Odyssey [Switch] ..... Xenoblade 2 [Switch] ..... MH World [X1X] ..... Metroid Samus Returns [3DS] ..... Ni No Kuni 2 [PS4]

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I have to disagree there, plenty of times I've noticed sleep mode drain the Switch's battery.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic