Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,601 to 17,620 of 31,699

MisterPi

I dunno about the whole stronger switch thing. Seems like it'd just muddy things up for themselves and people buying Switches

MisterPi

MFD

@EvilLucario True, but it doesn't inspire enough confidence to have any real faith, that they'll stick to that hybrid model if, later down the line, numbers do crop up that say there's money to be had by going handheld. Again, I don't see the dock as doing much, save for a tiny bit of extra to have it fit your TV and that's it. If it had more, did more, then I can see how it's integral, but right now, it just isn't, you get what I'm trying to say? It just feels like an extra, what with it being a small plastic case with hardly anything in it. It doesn't contribute enough to truly feel that it deserves the separate asking price, and indeed, for some, the inclusion at all.

MFD

Knuckles-Fajita

@NaviAndMii Please stop fuelling the poor boys paranoia. We want this discussion to actually progress some time this week.

@Ralizah I'm unemployed right now so...ick.

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Ralizah

@Operative2-0 There wasn't a lot of confusion regarding the New 3DS aside from the name, right? I imagine it would be handled like that was.

Switch is inevitably going to be revised. And, at the rate technology is advancing, I have a hard time believing this won't include a more powerful hardware revision in a few years.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

OorWullie

I'll be skipping Pokken, NBA and FE Warriors, no interest in any of them. That still leaves me 5 retail games to buy before the years out (M&R, FIFA, Odyssey, Skyrim and Xenoblade 2},loads of promising indies as well as the ones that we already know are great like Rocket League and Stardew Valley, then all the Neo Geo games that I can't stop myself from buying and the Psikyo shoot-em-ups that will hopefully be coming soon. That's a lot of games and unfortunately a lot of money needed to purchase them all. All that on top of an expensive trip to the UK and no income for 2 months . Ouch!

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

MisterPi

@Ralizah well yeah, true, but I thought we were talking about an upgrade that puts it like a whole other console level above a regular switch. It might muddy up things like development. I guess the Pro and X will get away with it, but those seem more incremental. Well, for the pro at least. We've yet to see what consequences the x will have

Edited on by MisterPi

MisterPi

Spanjard

@OorWullie Yup, there is plenty to choose from. I can't remember if I ever had this much quality to play in the first 10 months.

Edited on by Spanjard

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

MFD

@BLP_Software Boy? Well, I'm 25, but thanks for the derogative anyway

You say Paranoia, I say healthy mind about not taking a business' crap at face-value. Did that a long time before, not doing it ever again.

MFD

NaviAndMii

@Operative2-0 The advantage of my suggestion, though, is that nobody gets left behind. With the New 3DS, certain 'New' games weren't playable on the old hardware - if the current Switch got a Dock upgrade, allowing for 'New Switch' games to run in docked-only mode, no-one would get left behind...

Xbox's Phil Spencer shared a similar vision for the future of consoles - saying that these 'mid-generation evolutions' are necessary for consoles to keep pace with the rapidly advancing PC/mobile/tablet markets - but can be done in such a way as to not leave anyone behind either...I can see it happening with Switch, too, myself.

@BLP_Software I'm just sharing things as I see them - not trying to make anyone paranoid or anything!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Events | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

NEStalgia

Why does this thread suddenly read like it's 8/23/2016?

NEStalgia

Knuckles-Fajita

@UmniKnight Well given this thread has been nothing but you going in circles for several pages and days I would appreciate it, as would many others, if we could, you know, move on? By the time either side changes their view, or you stop bringing it up, the Switch 3 will be out.

EvilLucario

A redesign is inevitable. The 360 had it, PS3, DS/3DS, PSP/Vita, XB1/PS4, even the Wii had a slight redesign with the Wii Mini. Only the Wii U didn't get one, but it was also failing so it makes sense why. And redesigns tended to be more powerful, but in the case of the DS to the DSi, it was very incremental. Sure, you have your PS4 Pros and the like and it's not out of the question to have a "Switch XL", but the base hardware is still going to be supported fine.

@UmniKnight They could add some stuff like USB support for hard drives to plug into the dock and more to make it more lucrative, sure, but as it stands the draw of playing what used to be portable-only games on the TV or just playing on the TV period is also a big deal to some people. There's still a market for console-like experiences, and keeping the console part intact entices third-parties even more. So I think the dock is in a good position as it stands, though some minor additions wouldn't hurt.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Anybody else getting the pokken demo? I don't need it as I played the original but I gave my wiiu copy away as soon as the switch version was announced.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

MFD

@BLP_Software Very well, even if it does fit as it's about the Switch's core concept, I'll give it a rest.

MFD

Ralizah

@Operative2-0 If the Switch does get a revision, I doubt first and most third party games will be demanding enough to not run on the OG Switch. Like New 3DS, it'll probably get a handful of exclusives on the stronger hardware.

I definitely feel you about the possibility of dividing the user base, though. I was and continue to be skeptical of this mid-gen upgrade thing everyone seems to be doing now.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

MFD

@EvilLucario That portable to home-console is something that certainly interests me. I hope Pokemon will turn out great in that regard, same with SMT.

When giving it thought, I doubt demand for home-console experiences will ever die out, even if it seems handheld flies about as the crowning jewel. Guess I'll have to have some blind faith for once.

MFD

Knuckles-Fajita

@UmniKnight It does fit about the Switch. But is the discussion going anywhere? Ask yourself that, when there are many more things to discuss.

EvilLucario

I don't really like the mid-generation upgrade either, it seems really weird. I also feel like it's far too early to jump into 4K when it's still not the standard to have 1080p/1440p + 60 FPS. We've got stuff like 1440p 30 FPS, but wait there's 2160p 30 FPS with awful frame pacing or 1800p 40 FPS, and it's just maddening.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@EvilLucario Me either, to be fair - but at least nobody is left behind...the PS4 Pro/X1X are nice options, for those that want them but, for those that don't, they're still able to play the latest games (just at lower spec)

BLP_Software wrote:

@UmniKnight Well given this thread has been nothing but you going in circles for several pages and days I would appreciate it, as would many others, if we could, you know, move on? By the time either side changes their view, or you stop bringing it up, the Switch 3 will be out.

Probably best to leave those sorts of decisions to the Moderators, huh? Until the topic moves on to something else, this is 'on topic'...and quite a healthy and interesting discussion at that, if you ask me.

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Events | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Knuckles-Fajita

@NaviAndMii I am of two minds. One says yes it is a healthy discussion. But also, a healthy discussion progresses.

Neither side is budging. Every few posts he re-asks, but the dock is just cheap plastic, which moots all prior points, and it just starts again. That's the infuriating part. Not that its a bad discussion, but because it loops several times a day.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic