Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,601 to 17,620 of 22,271

MFD

@JaxonH Let's say I find that such a game does Switch a disservice, alright? The console is capable of so much more than that. (and it just doesn't look good imho. Have you seen Gladiolus' arms? A bowling pin, it looks ridiculous.)

@Grumblevolcano could be either of the 2 really, perhaps even both.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

MFD

@Nintendoer Oh trust me, there are some people with enough time on their hands.

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
No, I agree Gladiolus looks goofy. But even so, it's a good game. Sure, Switch could handle more. There's alot of games that aren't fully using it's power. But that's ok. If the full game can't run well it can't run well.

I mean, maybe it can. It's not like anything has been confirmed. But just sayin, Is rather get this than nothing. Thus would be an incredible release. Even if Glady looks goofy, it's still the same game. And maybe the combat won't have such crazy camera angles swinging all over the place.

It doesn't have to be a "Switch is a lesser system cause it didn't get the full regular game". It's a portable console, it's simply not going to be able to get alot of full, AAA titles. But that's ok. If they've found a way to get the game onto Switch, that's incredible! Chibi characters won't ruin the game. It's still the same game.

PLAYING
Switch: Skyrim, LA Noire, DOOM, Rocket League
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
PS4:
PSVR: Skyrim VR
Vita:
X1:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

MFD

@JaxonH I'd have to see the game EXACTLY as it comes to Switch, because a mobile-port, it barely seems worth to even mention.

A portable console, yet not marketed as such, even if bought and largely seen as such. It all comes down to it's hybrid nature yet again. Power traded for handheld capabilities, and it's titles such as Portable Edition that one gets, instead of the actual game.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
Ya but you're spinning "portable edition" to make it seem as if it's some match 3 or Angry Birds.

It may be a "portable edition" but don't be deceived- that's the full Final Fantasy XV game. And, it's not a case of "getting it instead" it's a case of "getting it over getting nothing"

Choice A Get nothing
Choice B Get full Final Fantasy XV, just scaled down with easier to run artstyle

How could anyone construe that as a bad thing? Seems to me it's a matter of feelings getting hurt Switch isn't powerful enough to run all the latest AAA games. Who cares... It's getting the game, that's all that matters. People will be able to play FFXV on their Switch... how is that not awesome?

Screw getting your feelings hurt. Get used to it. Switch isn't a PS4. And it's not gonna get the latest AAA. Be grateful for what it does get, instead of holding it to impossible standards even the own SE devs say aren't possible

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
PS4:
Vita:
X1:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

DarthNocturnal

The gameplay looked somewhat different though, with the top-down view.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

MFD

@JaxonH I'm going by what I've seen of the portable edition, and just doesn't look very good/engaging at all. So I'd have to see if that improves, that is, if that is even the game we're talking about. It could very easily be something else.

I never said I've wanted XV, but there are many other titles that one could port over, equally if not more wanted, that don't require the work XV requires. You can pull this over my feelings as a ridge all you want, it won't do anything to me. I'm playing BotW right now, and have many games to look forward to on my Switch. I did have some mixed feelings about it at first, but that was back then.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

JaxonH

@UmniKnight
You're free to like it or not. I'm not trying to sell you on the game. I'm only trying to sell you on the notion that getting a new game is only a good thing, especially when the alternative is notta.

Maybe they can get the whole game running. If they could that would certainly be great. Maybe they will. But if they don't, and I don't think they will, I'm good with this. More than good.

But, let's wait for some official confirmation. They haven't even officially announced the game, much less said how it would look

PLAYING
PS4:
Vita:
X1:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

Spoony_Tech

@Grumblevolcano Maybe Nintendo made a deal with Bethesda for Skyrim to be the main Switch game in November. They also don't want to steal too much thunder away from Pokemon once again.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

electrolite77

@Grumblevolcano

I assumed November/December would be XC2 and Nintendo publishing Skyrim.

Odd release date for FE warriors though, so close to Mario. Nintendo normally spread their releases out a bit more.

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

electrolite77

@UmniKnight

Yeah it's only recently I've started to believe it's coming out in 2017. A delay wouldn't be a huge surprise. But now with FE Warriors crammed into October I'm actually more convinced XC2 will slot into November/December

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

MFD

@electrolite77 I can see that, aye. But then one has to wonder, should Skyrim hit around the same time (looking plausible right now) won't XC2 take away from Skyrim's sales?

MFD

DarthNocturnal

I think XC2 is the one that would lose sales to Skyrim...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

MFD

@DarthNocturnal In that case... when would the 2 come out? Could be Skyrim December and XC2 November.

MFD

Operative2-0

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I think XC2 is the one that would lose sales to Skyrim...

If we were talking about the original or even XCX, I might agree, but I think the franchise is now popular enough that all eyes are on it when it releases, and not a port of an old game that doesn't have any outstanding differences (I suppose the limited motion controls could mean something to some people) to the other hundred versions.

Edited on by Operative2-0

Operative2-0

Grumblevolcano

Smash 4 got the Xenoblade franchise out there so I think XC2 has the edge over Skyrim Switch especially if BotW DLC 2 is released in October/November.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

antster1983

Next ACA NEOGEO game to come out on Thursday is Puzzled.

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Nicolai

Sorry to ask this, I don't really keep up with Final Fantasy, but what's the difference between FFXV Pocket Edition and FFXV A New Empire?

I found @Haru17: https://youtu.be/c0Xtv8OAvYU
...well it was Haru.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: EST (-5:00) - || - Splatoon 2 Rank: SZ A+ ::: TC S+0 ::: RM S

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

NaviAndMii

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 Switch 🎮

Currently Playing (Online):

PS4: GT Sport (DR: D, SR: S)

Switch: Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 46, RM: A-, SZ: B+, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCat★

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic