Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,461 to 17,480 of 69,963

Ryu_Niiyama

@IceClimbers I've been going mostly physical for switch but I'll get RE digital.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Samus7Killer

@gcunit plastic screen protectors are for suckas. L😌L
I just prefer protection and glass > plastic

Skipping RE. Played it on WiiU and its sequel on PS4 like 4 years ago. Not worth my time for a replay.

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

essiw

@gcunit Neither does the glass protector, I still have a lot of wiggle room left, I think it might even be possible to put three on them without much problems.

essiw

Samus7Killer

Yeah glass isnt that expense

I did however get the LouieVatton of Glass cause i wanted top of line glass. Feels and looks nice compared to sticky icky plasticky

Samus7Killer

KirbyTheVampire

@essiw Some people have had problems fitting their Switch in the dock with certain glass protectors, particularly the amFilm one, but the Orzly one has no such problems.

KirbyTheVampire

Samus7Killer

Never heard of such issues. Mine doesnt effect my switch from fitting. I use the LouieVatton of glass. Fits perfectly.

Samus7Killer

Octane

@Tsurii I've used both plastic and glass screen protectors for my phones, and I prefer glass. They're more prone to shattering, but they're better at protecting the actual screen. So as long as you don't drop your Switch too often, you should be fine. I'm just getting a Switch with a protector for now. Maybe Splatoon 2, but I'm really not into paying for online, so I'm not sure yet. As long as I have one by the end of this month I should be fine. Definitely don't want to try and get one when Odyssey comes out...

Octane

Samus7Killer

I have PS+ paid off for 2 years, but nintendo has alot to prove for me to pay for it. I didnt like Splatoon2 nor Arms so Smash might be its last chance for me to buy it. Even then it might just be a monthly here or there buy for me.

Samus7Killer

Octane

@Tsurii It's more that we won't get dedicated servers, and everything is P2P. Same reason why I don't pay for PS+, you're essentially paying for a game rental subscription. The online itself hasn't improved at all, and it's all P2P, on PS4 too. And if there are no dedicated servers, then what are we actually paying for? Yup, that's right, we're paying for online because that's the way Sony and Microsoft do it. We pay for online on PS4 because that's the way Microsoft does it, and we're paying for online on Xbox, because that's the way Sony does it.

When PS+ is more profitable than Nintendo as a whole, something doesn't add up. If online is so expensive to maintain for Sony, how can PS+ make them more money than an entire company? Online on consoles doesn't cost jack apparently, since it's all P2P. It's just free money for them.

Octane

NaviAndMii

I had a plastic screen protector on my PSP - accidentally dropped it once - and, just my luck, it landed face first on a tiny little piece of gravel and slightly chipped the centre of the screen...the cheap screen protector didn't protect it

...what made it even worse was that, at that time, I was playing GTA: Vice City Stories and GTA: Liberty City Stories - both of which used a reticle in the centre of the screen for aiming - and those reticles were both centred exactly where the chip in the screen was, rendering both pretty much unplayable as aiming was obscured

I'm usually so, so careful with my gadgets...but one act of clumsiness - with consequences that could've been avoided had I opted for a tempered glass screen protector instead - taught me a life lesson: it's better to be safe than sorry!

...having used them ever since, I can say that tempered glass protectors are probably worth paying extra for just for the ease of installation alone (with the Orzly ones, you just drop it on and it affixes itself!) - let alone the (far) superior protection...can't recommend them enough, personally!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Samus7Killer

Exactly. Plastic is nothing more than a placebo
Glass woulda made that piece of rock bounce like rubber amd kept your lovely precious PSP perfect. Poor PSP.

Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

@NaviAndMii just srry for your PSP. What a great little system it was. Just hearing that tragedy hurt my heart.

Samus7Killer

OorWullie

I kind of want to buy Double Dragon IV later even though the reviews for it are awful.Has anyone played it,is it as bad as the reviews suggest?

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Spoony_Tech

@OorWullie I wouldn't give the originals a better then 5 score tbh and IV looks no different. I'm not sure why they were ever popular to begin with. Much preferred Final Fight or River City.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Samus7Killer

I was actually thinking of getting everyone golf on PS4. Looks good.

Samus7Killer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic