Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,441 to 17,460 of 69,981

Ralizah

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

The game releases on 20th October in both Europe and America.

Another Mario Odyssey victim in waiting, I see.

sigh

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Samus7Killer

@SLIGEACH_EIRE hmmm. Mostly filler nindies. Maybe one can be decent.
Guess as a Switch owner i must accept nindies are the 3rd party for Switch

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

KirbyTheVampire

I might be down for some indies, but few have captured my interest so far. I guess I'll just have to look into them as they're released and see if any of them are up my alley.

It's a shame that I already bought Stardew Valley on PC, because I would absolutely buy it on the Switch. Great game.

KirbyTheVampire

Grumblevolcano

I miss when premade bundles were with physical games, it's always digital nowadays. Like the only reason I have a digital copy of Smash 3DS is because the Smash 3DS XL I bought at launch came with a digital copy of the game.

The only Switch games I have digital are digital exclusives like Sonic Mania, Fast RMX, Blaster Master Zero and Shovel Knight Treasure Trove. Maybe a physical version of the latter will happen in 2018 with the game being fully complete once the King Knight campaign is released.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii Depends on whether you'll use the Switch dock or not. If handheld only then do what you've done for 3DS however if you use the dock at all, use glass screen protectors. The dock scratches the Switch screen otherwise.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KirbyTheVampire

@Tsurii I would say so, unless you never put your Switch in the dock. I know this one YouTuber who insisted that you didn't need one, and he ended up getting a scratch on his screen when he docked it a few months later. It's probably possible to avoid scratching it, but you'd have to put it in like you're performing brain surgery every time, and I'd personally rather have the peace of mind that there's basically no chance the dock will scratch it.

At least get a plastic one, which only cost a few dollars. I would recommend tempered glass though, as they're more scratch-resistant and less prone to bubbles. This one has worked great for me. Two glass protectors for 10 CAD is a pretty sweet deal IMO. (Keep in mind it's Amazon.ca, not .com) https://www.amazon.ca/Screen-Protector-Nintendo-Switch-Temper...

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

@Tsurii Buddy works, haha. As for why they give you two, I suppose it's mainly for if you mess up while applying it, or if it wears out over time. (I don't see any indicator of that happening anytime soon, though. No visible scratches on the protector itself, and it's not peeling off at all)

There might be a better deal out there for a single glass protector instead of two, though.

EDIT: Never mind, saw your edit, haha.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

FX102A

@Tsurii I wouldn't say screen protectors are essential, I continuously docked mine again and again for a month and I was just very careful.

In the end though I was worried about dropping something on it or knocking it when in kickstand mode so I went with Orzly model. Tough, clear, minimum residue and comes with two so you can try again after failing to avoid all dust on the first one.

FX102A

Samus7Killer

The glass screen protector actually feel nice compared to the rigid plastic screen. Won't scratch either when wiping and docking and easier to clean.
I say glass is essential.

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

IceClimbers

So RE Revelations 1 and 2 are launching on November 28.

HD Rumble and optional motion controls are confirmed. You can aim your shots with the right JoyCon, swing for knife attacks, tilt up to reload, and shake the left JoyCon to break free when an enemy grabs you.

The Raid mode in Revelations 2 has single JoyCon local co-op.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

@IceClimbers Sounds like they put a decent amount of effort into this port!

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@IceClimbers It's really stupid how they're selling this. It's definitely got to be down to the cost and limited size of the cartridges.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Ralizah

@SLIGEACH_EIRE The games still get a retail release, but they don't have to double up on cartridges.

It's definitely not ideal, but it's nice to finally see a port of Rev 2 on a Nintendo console.

IceClimbers

I was planning on just getting 2 on the eShop anyway.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

gcunit

@Tsurii Glass protector is not essential. I went for a plastic film protector in week 1 and my Switch is still pristine. Saved enough money for an eshop purchase in doing so. And they don't affect the fit into the dock either.

Anyway, get that sucka delivered and get playing. Enjoy.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic