Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,381 to 17,400 of 69,993

electrolite77

@Zyrac

I think the NSMB games are close to being production line. It's as if Nintendo took the wrong lessons from Yoshi's Island on the SNES and decided it didn't sell due to being too ambitious (rather than at the end of the machines life). They're high quality products of course but they seem targetted at people who want a very traditional Mario game without too much threatening fancy stuff.

Edited on by electrolite77

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Pazzo-TheFool

Everyone seems to think that Nintendo just cranks out 2D Mario. Remember:
Super Mario Land 2 (1992) -> 14 Years -> New Super Mario Bros. (2006).

New Super Luigi U (2013) -> 4 years -> Now (2017).

I have a new griefs with the "New" series. The repetitive gameplay and aesthetic nature for one. But I'd be a liar if I didn't have a blast playing them with cousins or on my own. On the road as a kid or in cheap Okinawan houses, there were fun for what and when they were.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

The64Master

I'm actually rather hyped that the mushroom kingdom got confirmed for Odyssey. I think it's good that Nintendo still keeps some old Mario aspects.

The64Master

Switch Friend Code: SW-1498-9388-5099 | My Nintendo: The8BitWiz | Nintendo Network ID: ghostplaysgames

JaxonH

Idk what people are on. New Super Mario Bros U was (and still is) one of my favorite 2D platformers of all time... that game was amazing. They released 4 2D Mario games across 4 separate platforms across 2 console generations across a span of 6 years. Basically just like Mario Kart. You got one for DS and Wii, and then got one for 3DS and Wii U.

I want another 2D Mario. BUT......

I want a sequel to Super Mario World. A real sequel. With modern NSMBU graphics but using the style of World.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

EvilLucario

The only questionable NSMB game was 2 on 3DS, mainly due to how repetitive and dull that game was.

People unfairly talk down on the NSMB games though. The first game is really well-crafted and has the best music in the "New" series along with the more unique bosses in 2D Mario. Wii also introduced 4-player co-op multiplayer in platformers that other games like Kirby or Rayman would later work to improve on while having some great level design. (Sonic had Tails for 2-player co-op, so he did it first before Mario) U is basically Wii on steroids with a bit more original level themes in some instances and a greater challenge.

Also, as great as World's controls was, NSMB absolutely perfected 2D Mario control and tightened it in all the right places.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

The64Master

@JaxonH We already got a Mario world sequel. Yoshi's island is actually subtitled as Mario world 2

Untitled

The64Master

Switch Friend Code: SW-1498-9388-5099 | My Nintendo: The8BitWiz | Nintendo Network ID: ghostplaysgames

The64Master

Also, what happened to the K-A esrb rating?

The64Master

JaxonH

@The64Master

No no no no.

Everyone knows the name of that game is "Super Mario World 2". But just having a "2" afterwards doesn't make it a true sequel.

I want a true sequel

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

The64Master

@DarthNocturnal I agree. The power have been very bland in recent games. Mushroom. Fire flower. New power up. Something with a p slapped on it to help you beat levels. I understand that Mario games aren't supposed to have power ups with a mortal combat button set, but I feel like they need a little more complexity. The cat suit was actually pretty cool since it could be utilized for going faster, climbing, killing enemies, and making platforming easier.

The64Master

Octane

@OorWullie Nah, don't worry. You can safely mention the Switch over at PushSquare. It's just that some people always talk about the Switch to the point where it hijacks nearly every comment section and they all end up about the Switch. It's off-topic talk in a lot of cases, and it happens quite often, so I can understand why they would respond like that. I'm sure there's no ill intent though, don't take it too seriously

Octane

gcunit

Sooo tired of the "3D Land/World games aren't proper 3D Mario games". You control Mario... in a 3D space... you know, 3D? As in x, y, z axes. That's it - a 3D Mario game. End of.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

KirbyTheVampire

@gcunit I think the argument tends to be that it's not the same as the other 3D Mario's, and thus it doesn't count as a true 3D Mario game, not that it isn't 3D.

KirbyTheVampire

Samus7Killer

But it wasnt true 3D.
Maybe 2.8D at best.

Samus7Killer

Spoony_Tech

If I can't control the camera then it's not full on 3d. Don't like preset camera's for 3d.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

In that case, I guess Mario Galaxy isn't a true 3D game either...

Octane

Zyrac

This is just semantic silliness. They're all 3D by any reasonable definition; it's just that we don't have terminology to distinguish the two different styles.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Samus7Killer

Galaxy was more 3D than 3DL and 3DW
Galaxy 2 was basically DLC for Galaxy.

Samus7Killer

IceClimbers

The difference: 3D Land/World aren't collectathon platformers like 64/Sunshine/Galaxy/Odyssey are.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

And Galaxy 1 and 2 aren't sandbox games like 64/Sunshine and Odyssey are.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic